View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey truly moved on, more so than Stevie. That doesn't mean that he didn't know how to push some buttons. I don't think Lindsey held onto much resentment of any kind, even regarding their past relationship.

I think the 2011 "phone call of the ages" was a good example of the ongoing list of issues with Lindsey that Stevie still hadn't made peace with, was still holding onto etc. Lindsey even seemed a little surprised/taken back by it when it was discussed in interviews at the time. In 2011 she was still had grudges going back to 1968 apparently.

I'll always go back to the comments Stevie made about the 2009 tour. She didn't necessarily like it and described it as "benign" because there was no conflict with Lindsey. She pretty much admitted that for her, it was the conflict and friction that made performing with him interesting/normal.

I got the impression that in the later years, Lindsey may have managed his interactions with her in a brother & sister kind of way...i.e. banging on the wall when the music was too loud. In contrast, I think Stevie still internally evaluated every conflict with him as some sort of divorcing-couples conflict and reacted accordingly in a very scorched earth kind of way.

Christine is probably right. They made amends to a degree, but not in the way she and John did. I think Lindsey was capable of it and pretty close to it. I question Stevie's ability to ever get to that point.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-04-2024 at 09:57 AM..