View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's childish on both their parts, I think. Because I truly think they love pushing each other's buttons, seeing the other one get mad.
I think perhaps ego played into the equation differently between Stevie and Lindsey in multiple ways. Sure, J+C had healthy egos, but in a different kind of way. J+C were both talented musicians and were secure in their ability. I think both of them played music because they loved it first, it was less about the spotlight and fame. John didn't write songs, so they didn't have to compete or feel like they had to compete with each other in that arena.

There always was and always will be a valley of separation between Lindsey and Stevie in the respect that Stevie was all about making the splash and achieving fame, while Lindsey always made decisions from the artists point of view first. Lindsey was a guitar maniac on stage, while it was Stevie's vocals and appearance on stage that drew attention. They were both amazing songwriters and perhaps that's the one area that provides the least amount of resentment (beyond some of the sharp lyrics they've directed at each other over the decades)

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-23-2024 at 04:49 PM..