View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
McVies: Humble middle class backgrounds. Had been in serious long-term relationships before becoming a couple. Music was a trade and both were initially background players. Their respective careers and their personal relationship existed independently of one another before becoming intertwined when Christine joined. John was an adult who took ownership of the collapse of the marriage. Not the first time his alcoholism got the better of him.

Buckingham Nicks: Rich kids who wanted to be stars. Personal relationship and music careers were enmeshed from the moment Keith scouted them. The only thing that stood out with Fritz was the harmonies. Lindsey was the bass player. Every subsequent career development they made was together, until “Belladonna.” They needed each other, though neither wants to admit it, and have spent the last 45 years trying to prove that they were the reason for their success. In other words, jealousy and resentment.
I don't think John was from a middle-class background. Looking at public-domain records on a genealogy website I use, his father, Reginald, was a 17 year-old grocer's assistant in 1939 in Ealing, living with his widowed mother. His grandfather, also John McVie, seems to have been working in a factory in 1921. I'm not sure what Reginald ended up doing, but it sounds more of a working class background to me, unlike Mick's.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 03-26-2024 at 11:18 AM..