View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I too want the Rhiannon songs and I know she is doing this for us, but I would majorly be disappointed if they didn't make the cut, especially Maker of Birds, which I believe is one of her prettiest, most sophisticated melodies ever. I could do without the "the Black Lord of Death" line though. Also, love the darkness of Forest of Black Roses.

We waited for years, so naturally we would be disappointed. I don't understand how those songs can be denied while she records songs like Starshine Silver, Castaway… I don't get why people want those over Maker of Birds, which actually has an original, beautiful melody that morphs and takes us to different places

However, I'm betting it made the album because of that Rhiannon pic Dave had on his sound board while they were recording. Those track lists are probably totally wrong.
I too love these songs. I just wonder how they would sound with Stevie's current voice. Part of the beauty of the demos is the clarity and flexibility of her voice. I for one doubt she could sing those songs in the same key or as fluidly as she did then. But who knows.