View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I read that too. Everyone saw who Christine was but her. And the fact that we got the documentary with the album. I think it all came crashing down once the album was finished.
She expected to sell and not promote or tour? She was not in a good place at this time. But the album is absolutely brilliant.
That interview she did to promote the album (the annoying one with the music playing in the background) reveals she was not in a good place. She seemed so fidgety and got annoyed at the interviewer for asking what In The Meantime was about.

She did do that phone interview with some USA radio station to promote the album that was vintage Chris with a great sense of humor. She shot down any concerts or Fleetwood Mac reunion. She seemed chipper in that interview.

Did her drug rehab for painkillers come right after this album? I think in its release the album sold 50k units. In 2004 that was a considered a huge failure. But if an artist sells 50k units today the first year I dont think its remotely as bad. People dont buy music like they used to.