User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Default My old FMac drawings!

Here are some of the sketches I managed to dig up from the days of my youth. I couldn't locate the one I did of the Mystery to Me photo, maybe one day it will turn up. Hopefully you can tell who's who in the pics I did here....in case you can't--

Drawing 1 is old FM-- 1967 and 1970; I think I was about 15., #2 is Jeremy and Peter-- I was maybe about 19; #3- a pretty young John, and Danny (was heavy into the colored pencils on Danny LOL)-- also done at about 19, #5 -- the one of John--is actually the 1st pic I ever did of anyone in FMac. It was 1983; I was 13 and just got new pastels fore xmas, and had just gotten the Unauthorized Bio from the library... and that photo in there of John just grabbed me, I was like, "I have never seen anyone look so damn sad in a photo before!"-- so anyway I tried to draw him. For a 13 yr old I think it captured a bit of the emotion that was in the photo. The one of Mick was done I guess in 1985?? And drawing #4 is just little pencil sketches of Danny, Jeremy, Bob Welch and LB. I did the LB on the back on my algebra homework in 1984, right after I got the new Go Insane album LOL. I sucked at algebra but the doodle wasn't half bad.....

-Lis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lisdrawing1.jpg (70.1 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing2.jpg (68.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing3.jpg (96.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing5.jpg (66.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing4.jpg (99.0 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by ThePenguin; 11-15-2004 at 10:09 PM..
Old 11-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

more pictures...

#6 is of John and one of Chris (that was done from the MTM album but I can't find the other one! grr. I was older when I did these 2) #7 cracks me up, chris is looking pretty bad, but I tried. Be kind, I was a child LOL!

and #8 is actually 2 people who aren't even in FM-- any guesses??

-Lis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lisdrawing6.jpg (50.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing7.jpg (69.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing8.jpg (41.4 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by ThePenguin; 11-15-2004 at 10:08 PM..
Old 11-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Hey, those are good, miss thang! Go on!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Hey, those are good, miss thang! Go on!

Thanks. Oh man I am just chuckling my *ss off. I never thought the world would see these old things that have been basically buried around the house all these years. I found them in 4 different folders/crates etc; who knows where more will turn up...

Mind you some of the *really* bad ones I did not scan!!! These are the better ones!

-Lis
Old 11-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Thanks. Oh man I am just chuckling my *ss off. I never thought the world would see these old things that have been basically buried around the house all these years. I found them in 4 different folders/crates etc; who knows where more will turn up...

Mind you some of the *really* bad ones I did not scan!!! These are the better ones!

-Lis
that's alright. but where's Stevie?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
that's alright. but where's Stevie?
oh my gosh the ones of her are just godawful. Her turned up nose is just *really* hard to draw. The guys are way easier to do than the women. I may have one that I could scan that's OK.... but honestly even that one turns my stomach. Maybe tomorrow Marty can help me get some of the bad ones up...or maybe not...we'll see .

-Lis
Old 11-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh my gosh the ones of her are just godawful. Her turned up nose is just *really* hard to draw. The guys are way easier to do than the women. I may have one that I could scan that's OK.... but honestly even that one turns my stomach. Maybe tomorrow Marty can help me get some of the bad ones up...or maybe not...we'll see .

-Lis
That's so funny, i was thinking "i bet stevie is hard to draw, because of her nose" (i can't draw at all, though). I feel your pain, but artists are usually more critical of their work than others would be. Maybe if you nuded stevie up, no one would notice Just kidding...

Old 11-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Lis..

Those are really great!! I wish I had talent to draw like that. I can trace pretty well. LOL

That looks like Brian Wilson, but not sure who the other one is...looks familiar tho.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love #6 of Chris! You have 100 times my drawing talent! I can't draw a circle without getting laughs at how crooked it is. Nice work.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE #6 of Chris, too. How old were you when you drew that one? They're all terrific! I wish I had your talent.

I agree with Christy about #8. The one on the left looks like Brian Wilson. Of course, the one on the right is Paul McCartney. That's an especially terrific drawing of Paul, by the way.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I LOVE #6 of Chris, too. How old were you when you drew that one? They're all terrific! I wish I had your talent.

I agree with Christy about #8. The one on the left looks like Brian Wilson. Of course, the one on the right is Paul McCartney. That's an especially terrific drawing of Paul, by the way.
OK, I was 35 when I did #6 of Chris. I found a huge pad of drawing paper during my searches, and I just pumped that one out in an hour a few nights ago, when I was so annoyed I couldn't find the original one! Believe me, this one is far better than that one was...

But all the others are from quite some time ago. Probably the most recent one (aside from the one of Chris) was Paul McCartney, done around 1995 (yes, that's him! I did Brian Wilson around 9th grade. Dig the colored pencil effect. ) Haven't done much drawing since the kids were born. I'd like to get back into it again, I used to do it all the time.

--Lis
Old 11-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Those are great! I really like the Danny drawings. I'm really glad you decided to post them, even though you never dreamed anyone would see them.

And I'm waiting to see some Stevie drawings!

Hillary
Old 11-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Here are 2 more batches of old Fleetwood Mac drawings--

#9-- Stevie looking not so great!
#10--sort of a funny one drawn from a Mirage era pic. Lots of colored pencils, and watercolors for the skin tone, I was really into that for awhile....
#11 and 12- pencil sketches of LB
#13- a young John and Mick, a Bob Weston one (looks nothing like him ?!) and a Rumours era John. For these and all the ones above I was about 13-14.

-Lis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lisdrawing9.jpg (74.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing10.jpg (71.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing11.jpg (74.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing12.jpg (43.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing13.jpg (66.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 11-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

#14-- LB and Stevie from the Tango era. I was about 16 for that one? Ugh I really hate to look at it LOL, it's awful. I did the other band members also in that pic but I think seeing 2 of them is quite enough torture...
#15-- Chris around Rumours. yeesh. I like the eyes/nose, but the lips... oh boy. Too Carly Simon-ish. She has really tough lips to draw, they are so bowed and gorgeous (kind of like Stevie's!) and it's so hard to get them to look natural. I was older for this one, about 20 or so....

So there you have it. It was fun to find all these again.

Can you see why I was not really a stellar student? I was so not into schoolwork!!

-Lis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lisdrawing14.jpg (88.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg lisdrawing15.jpg (78.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 11-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
#15-- Chris around Rumours. yeesh. I like the eyes/nose, but the lips... oh boy. Too Carly Simon-ish.
I think that one is kind of like a mixture of Christine and Carly, and that's great because I love both of them! I'm fond of that one, and I also really like the Mirage pic with (#10) with all the watercolors and pencils. Really cool.

Thanks again for sharing those with us. Everyone can rest assured that I will NEVER share any of my drawings of the band, even if I had actually done some. Believe me when I tell you I am not as good as you are, Lis.

Hillary