Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The re-listening project

So today I start my absolute dream job. However, I now have a 45 minute commute to look forward to every morning so I've decided to do something to make it a bit more bearable and that's to re-listen to all my cds, starting with Stevie. I'm going to listen to every one of her albums, each one on a different morning, without slipping or fast forwarding any tracks, and posting what I think. For RAL, OSOTM and SA this may be the first time I've listened to the entire album for about seven years... So quite interested to see what I make of them.

I'll start with Bella Donna this morning. Analysis to come...

Anyone else done anything like this before? Or have any other ideas how to stop such a long commute from being a chore?

Old 09-02-2016, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No, but this sounds like a perfect plan!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good luck starting your new job. Hope things go/went well.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exhausting first day, but looking forward to starting all systems go on Monday!

Bella Donna: Track by track re-listen review.

Bella Donna: Often when this comes on shuffle, I skip it as it starts off so slowly, and usually when I'm driving I want something pretty fast and instant. So glad I didn't skip it today, I'd forgotten what an awesome song it is. Great lyrics and her voice is incredible.

Kind Of Woman: I'll be honest, I probably haven't listened to this song properly for about... three years. Completely blown away, added it to my car playlist. I love the music, it's so atmospheric.

Stop Draggin' My Heart Around: Catchy as hell, great fun to sing along to at 7am in the morning.

Think About It: I think I still prefer the Rumours demo version, but better than I remembered

After The Glitter Fades: Love love love this song. So pretty. I sorta with SDMH was track 4, as Think About It seguing into ATGF is a bit of a snooze.

Edge of Seventeen: After the snooze, kicks it back into high gear. Nothing else to say, Edge is awesome.

How Still My Love: I never realized just how genius HSML following Edge was, it's the perfect one-two punch. Those two songs are always on my car playlist, but hearing them in this sequence made me appreciate it it more.

Leather and Lace: Such a pretty song. I'm blown away by how good Stevie's voice is on this one. I don't know why I skip it so much when it comes on shuffle, it was great fun to sing along to.

Outside The Rain: Superb. Enough said.

The Highwayman: Quite possibly my favourite of all of Stevie's album closers. Why this song isn't heralded as a Stevie classic is beyond me. The last time we hear her perfect voice, imo, on the "Her dream as the thunder wakes her...." line.

I'd forgotten just how good Bella Donna is as an album. There's not a single dud song and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the whole album. I've moved the first two songs onto my car playlist, and it's the only Stevie album where all the songs are on that list.

Coming Monday... The Wild Heart. I have five of those songs on my car playlist at present... so I haven't listened to half the album for quite a while. Exciting.