Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lohan back in rehab-way overrated

So Lindsay is headed back to rehab and it leaves me thinking should I have gone to rehab when I was a 19, 20 yr. old college student?
I don't know how hard she parties but what 20 year old doesn't party? I can remember getting into bars no problem and closing the place down. I've gone into work with the same clothes on that I wore the day before. Going to work with barely 2 hours of sleep cause I was up till 7 am drinking beer and swimming.
Or that time me and 2 friends smoked pot and drank beer on the beach at 2 in the morning. Lets see, I can't tell you how many times I threw up or the time I feel asleep in the Krystal drive-thru and then woke up the next morning with fries still in my mouth. Now I never did any coke, shrums or anything like that.
Like I said I don't know how hard she parties but what average red blooded 20 year old American doesn't? Especially when you're rich and can get into any bar you want.
The media needs to leave this **** alone and focus on something that is more important.

"I always return here..."
Old 05-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy View Post
So Lindsay is headed back to rehab and it leaves me thinking should I have gone to rehab when I was a 19, 20 yr. old college student?
I don't know how hard she parties but what 20 year old doesn't party? I can remember getting into bars no problem and closing the place down. I've gone into work with the same clothes on that I wore the day before. Going to work with barely 2 hours of sleep cause I was up till 7 am drinking beer and swimming.
Or that time me and 2 friends smoked pot and drank beer on the beach at 2 in the morning. Lets see, I can't tell you how many times I threw up or the time I feel asleep in the Krystal drive-thru and then woke up the next morning with fries still in my mouth. Now I never did any coke, shrums or anything like that.
Like I said I don't know how hard she parties but what average red blooded 20 year old American doesn't? Especially when you're rich and can get into any bar you want.
The media needs to leave this **** alone and focus on something that is more important.
You mean it's normal for a 20 years old American to drive drunk and have in her/his car a dose of cocaine? Don't you think that's a bit dangerous for any people that might be close to that driver?

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 05-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart View Post
You mean it's normal for a 20 years old American to drive drunk and have in her/his car a dose of cocaine? Don't you think that's a bit dangerous for any people that might be close to that driver?

Romy
I know so many people who do exactly that every weekend - and not just here in America - sad - but true.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I know so many people who do exactly that every weekend - and not just here in America - sad - but true.
Exactly, but if it's done by a young star it raises more interest on the problem, that's why she deserved the media backlash, IMO.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 05-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

I find the Britney/Lindsay/Paris the same issue.
These girls are having to learn to take responsibility for their actions. Period.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
I find the Britney/Lindsay/Paris the same issue.
These girls are having to learn to take responsibility for their actions. Period.
They do. I think they actually enjoy all the attention though, even if it is negative. It's pretty sick. I think the story is perhaps worthy of mention and that is it but it will be played and played.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
They do. I think they actually enjoy all the attention though, even if it is negative. It's pretty sick. I think the story is perhaps worthy of mention and that is it but it will be played and played.
I agree - celebrity has become very sick and twisted.
I hope all three of these bitches careers are over very soon.
Maybe they could become waitresses.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Hollywood has always courted the media since Theda Bara in the teens od the last century.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
I agree - celebrity has become very sick and twisted.
I hope all three of these bitches careers are over very soon.
Maybe they could become waitresses.
What irks me is that these girls are all famous for doing nothing at all. Well, ok, Lohan is an actress...but Paris? Nicole? They're not talented in any way but are famous famous famous.

I forget which actress said that she was at a career day type thing and was very alarmed because so many of the kids when asked what they wanted to be when they grow up said, "I want to be famous" not "I want to be an actress" or "I want to be a musician" just "famous". Likely for nothing...

And I agree..these celebrities have to learn to take responsibility for their actions. I was sick when I heard of the Paris Hilton petition to stop her from serving time. She claims she was being made an example of how bad drunk driving is....whateve.r..bitch is warped and should be put in the slammer...and not in some isolation cell for 20-something days....

Anyway...whatever...it's all sad to me, and eventually these people will be yesterday's news...and I can't wait for that day, except that a new batch of annoying drunken kids with too much money will come up and hog the spotlight.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Anyway...whatever...it's all sad to me, and eventually these people will be yesterday's news...and I can't wait for that day, except that a new batch of annoying drunken kids with too much money will come up and hog the spotlight.
Each new batch of spoiled celeb kids seems to get more and more annoying too, don't you think? You'd think people would eventually say "you know what, who gives a ****?" and stop paying attention. I doubt it will be anytime soon, but it would be wonderful.

On the other hand I suppose people need a distraction from the news. It always seems to be one bad thing after another. The war, the economy, Bush, etc. This shallow fluff is the perfect contrast to that, and the people eat it up.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
Each new batch of spoiled celeb kids seems to get more and more annoying too, don't you think? You'd think people would eventually say "you know what, who gives a ****?" and stop paying attention. I doubt it will be anytime soon, but it would be wonderful.

On the other hand I suppose people need a distraction from the news. It always seems to be one bad thing after another. The war, the economy, Bush, etc. This shallow fluff is the perfect contrast to that, and the people eat it up.
Either they're getting more annoying....or we're getting older and more crotchety

Either way..they still suck.

And yes, I am guilty of actually reading about this **** and using it as a disctaction from news....totally guilty. I mean I don't BUY any of it, I don't purchase magazines with Paparazzi shots etc...but I read MSN entertainment "news" as well as the blurbs on IMDB. So while I hate them and myself...it does offer a distraction to other crap.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Either they're getting more annoying....or we're getting older and more crotchety

Either way..they still suck.

And yes, I am guilty of actually reading about this **** and using it as a disctaction from news....totally guilty. I mean I don't BUY any of it, I don't purchase magazines with Paparazzi shots etc...but I read MSN entertainment "news" as well as the blurbs on IMDB. So while I hate them and myself...it does offer a distraction to other crap.
I hear ya..it is annoying.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What irks me is that these girls are all famous for doing nothing at all. Well, ok, Lohan is an actress...but Paris? Nicole? They're not talented in any way but are famous famous famous . . . .

Say what you want about Paris, but she has had a hit record and show (multi-season at that) - and she has a line of commercial goods and has been used to sell in commercials -- So, she must have something that people find interesting to the point that she is a marketable asset. I am not saying she is a talented actress, but she has a talent for making money off of being of little actual theatrical talent of the likes of Meryl Streep. I think people HATE the fact that she is a success. Mind you, I am no fan of hers - in fact I think nothing at all of her. But, I recognize the public likes to see her and I respect the fact that because of her "talent" many people have jobs.

As for Lohan - every person she has worked with (From Streep on down) all commented that she is an immense talent.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Say what you want about Paris, but she has had a hit record and show (multi-season at that) - and she has a line of commercial goods and has been used to sell in commercials -- So, she must have something that people find interesting to the point that she is a marketable asset. I am not saying she is a talented actress, but she has a talent for making money off of being of little actual theatrical talent of the likes of Meryl Streep. I think people HATE the fact that she is a success. Mind you, I am no fan of hers - in fact I think nothing at all of her. But, I recognize the public likes to see her and I respect the fact that because of her "talent" many people have jobs.

As for Lohan - every person she has worked with (From Streep on down) all commented that she is an immense talent.
Lohan is quickly becoming "Box Office POISON!"
(insert mommy dearest voice)
Old 05-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Take out the words "Back in rehab" and the thread title makes more sense.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.