Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Ledgie

Default greeny on film

Being a fairly new Greeny fan (compared to most of you), I started to see what I could find available of Greeny palying on vid and dvd. I haven't gotten beyond the live Splinter group DVD (half acoustic/half electric), and that Mac DVD on the early years that does have some good stuff.
Can you folks point me towards anything else. I'd really like to find some good stuff of Peter playing. And does ANY footage exist of Jeremy doing his "act" in those early days.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a DVD called Changes that's around. Not really sure whether it's semi-legal or just a bootleg. It shows up on eBay from time to time. After getting outbid there a couple of times, I bought a copy through Saturn Records in Oakland, CA. The DVD has a couple of Green-era Mac performances that are not on the Early Years video, plus there's a clip from an early '70s Top of the Pops with Peter doing "Heavy Heart" (although it's not a live performance), and some later clips as well (including some great stuff from '74 with Bob Welch).

If you search the Saturn Records website (Saturn Records) for Fleetwood Mac, they list some other DVDs that I'm assuming contain a Mac performance but it's not really clear to me exactly what they are. I don't know whether they're anything that's not on Early Years or Changes, and so far I haven't felt like spending $25 on that gamble. Titles listed are from Beat Club, Detroit Tube Works, and Playboy After Dark. I'm guessing the last one is probably the same "Rattlesnake Shake" clip that's on Early Years, but maybe there's something in addition to that? Actually, looking at the Saturn website, I don't see Changes listed, but there's one called Visual Evolution - I'm guessing it's the same thing. You might be able to find these elsewhere too - I've just seen the listings from Saturn.

I don't know of any other video myself, but the band certainly appeared on a number of TV performances during Green's time in the band. I have no idea how much from those performances still exists, though. If anyone has any more info about what might be on those other DVDs on Saturn's list, I'd love to know too
Old 08-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They were on Dutch television in 1969, the The Hague (Den Haag in Dutch) concert. Part of this show has been released on Roughage 69. Alas, the tape is said to have been destroyed. (I recorded the show on an old tape recorder, using a microphone in front of the TV-set, lost the tape many years later, but glad to have been able to get ther ecording back from someone else).