User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Geez... so many people get bruised up like bananas around here! I will be the first to admit that every time I leave my apartment, even if it's just to run downstairs to grab a cup of coffee to go, I do feel like I need to pull myself together before I walk out the door. I don't know if it's a New York thing, or if it's just a Me thing, but considering all of the people walking around outside on the street, and the probability of running into acquaintances, I just feel like I have to put my best foot forward every time I go out.
Sometimes, when I run out to the grocery or the post office, I go commando. But sometimes I get nervous even doing that because what if I get in a car accident & they have to take me to the emergency room?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Sometimes, when I run out to the grocery or the post office, I go commando. But sometimes I get nervous even doing that because what if I get in a car accident & they have to take me to the emergency room?
At least you wouldn't be in dirty underwear.

Michele
Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Don't worry... it looks like your "airbags" will protect you in an accident.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Geez... so many people get bruised up like bananas around here! I will be the first to admit that every time I leave my apartment, even if it's just to run downstairs to grab a cup of coffee to go, I do feel like I need to pull myself together before I walk out the door. I don't know if it's a New York thing, or if it's just a Me thing, but considering all of the people walking around outside on the street, and the probability of running into acquaintances, I just feel like I have to put my best foot forward every time I go out. I dread the thought of being out somewhere looking a hot mess, and running into someone I haven't seen in a long time, and making them wonder whether I have completely lost it. I'm far, far, far (did I say far?) from being a beauty pageant contestant, but I do try to make the best of the bad hand I was dealt.

Okay, I understand why Stevie and Christine look so (relatively) rough when they are off-stage. Surely there is a lot of work involved to get stage/camera-ready. But in Christine's case, she seems to almost go out of her way to look dowdy. It doesn't mean that she is any less of a person or that she is a menace to society. But if she gets pissed off when she sees unflattering pictures of herself in the tabloids, she has to take some of the responsibility for that.
You have the right to get yourself sorted before you got out but you seemed to be suggesting that Christine had to do that as well.

She's now at the age where she thinks "this is me - deal with it or sod off"

I'm sure she's glad not to have to get the slap on before she goes out to walk the dogs. I'm sure she was pissed off but only at having her privacy invaded.

Gail
Old 04-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I'm sure she's glad not to have to get the slap on before she goes out to walk the dogs. I'm sure she was pissed off but only at having her privacy invaded.

Gail
Christine doesnt' have to do anything. But it's one thing if she was photographed walking around on her property- that is truly an invasion of her privacy. But if she is walking around town like that with her dogs, she is fair game for the paps. So if she is out and about in public, she should probably consider the fact that people will want to take her picture, especially in a tabloid-crazed country like the UK, and get herself sorted (just a little bit) before she goes out. And unfortunately, the more reclusive she becomes, the more likely people will be clamoring to take her pic. Her desire for privacy seems to only inflame the curious.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine doesnt' have to do anything. But it's one thing if she was photographed walking around on her property- that is truly an invasion of her privacy. But if she is walking around town like that with her dogs, she is fair game for the paps. So if she is out and about in public, she should probably consider the fact that people will want to take her picture, especially in a tabloid-crazed country like the UK, and get herself sorted (just a little bit) before she goes out. And unfortunately, the more reclusive she becomes, the more likely people will be clamoring to take her pic. Her desire for privacy seems to only inflame the curious.
I would imagine that one of the reasons that she moved back to a quiet village like Wickhambreaux is that she could walk around without having some paparazzo shove his camera up her nose. As she's retired any unwanted photo is an invasion of her privacy (IMO)

Gail
Old 04-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would imagine that one of the reasons that she moved back to a quiet village like Wickhambreaux is that she could walk around without having some paparazzo shove his camera up her nose. As she's retired any unwanted photo is an invasion of her privacy (IMO)

Gail
I don't know that as far as picture taking goes, people should draw the line between retired celebrity and working celebrity or not. Then, again, I don't know if people should be taking pictures of celebrities anyway. I mean, I do take pictures at concerts, but if I saw someone on the street, I'd feel wrong about doing it, which is not to say I haven't . . . I snuck pictures of Jack Wagner in an airport once, when his back was turned.

But I agree with you about Wickhambreaux, given its small size and location. Your expectations about being left alone there are not the same as they would be when you're in London. And this picture is a rarity. Christine has been going around there for over 10 years now and this is the only picture we've seen like this. So, they do mostly seem to leave her alone and that's what she's come to expect.

She's probably not ashamed of the picture, just irritated at having people jump out at her unexpectedly like that. Frankly, I'm happy to get news about Christine anytime, whether she likes it or not. I'm more concerned about me than about her, which is why I'd be thrilled to have her working again to please me, forget her happiness!

Still, those TMZ-esque photographers should be hung. Really, I'm not a Dennis Hopper fan, but he's dying of cancer and he was only recently telling how he fell and hit his head because a photographer called out his name and he turned, thinking it was a friend. He lost his balance and fell hard. The fact that these people get away with stalking a dying man just to get a pic they can emblazon on their tabloid covers is appalling.

Michele
Old 04-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Gail
Well, whether we want it or not, we are constantly under surveillance out in public. Every time we go to the store, cross the street, go to the bank, etc. Am I glad that paps are hunting down Christine? Absolutely not. Are the paps breaking the law? No. Do I want to see recent pictures of Christine? Hells yeah! Yeah, I know that's not good for Christine, but that's just reality- life isn't always fair or just.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me too. Mary Anne, you're one of the reasons I came back, and you're rarely here anymore.

And I wasn't demanding Christine do anything. I HATE aging. In me. In Christine. In general. Getting old sucks! I wish it didn't bother me, seeing bad, older pics of her, but it does. She's my hero, and I hate seeing that she's only human.

I wanna go out looking like Burt Reynolds!
Hi David, and Gail too. I wasn't picking on you, David. I was just a little surprised that you wanted Chris to get plastic surgery. I know you love Chris & it was probably a shock seeing her look her age, just like everybody else.

Anyway, it's nice to see you back too. I'm still around, just not as much as before.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Still, those TMZ-esque photographers should be hung. Really, I'm not a Dennis Hopper fan, but he's dying of cancer and he was only recently telling how he fell and hit his head because a photographer called out his name and he turned, thinking it was a friend. He lost his balance and fell hard. The fact that these people get away with stalking a dying man just to get a pic they can emblazon on their tabloid covers is appalling.
Michele
I saw pics of him getting his Star in Hollywood and with the bandages on... It was sad to see him looking that way, nice that he's being recognized though... and I'd read where he said he fell, but didn't realize it was because of the photographers... That's ****ty!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Hi David, and Gail too. I wasn't picking on you, David. I was just a little surprised that you wanted Chris to get plastic surgery. I know you love Chris & it was probably a shock seeing her look her age, just like everybody else.

Anyway, it's nice to see you back too. I'm still around, just not as much as before.
That's it, I was just shocked by the pic. Superwoman isn't allowed to get old.

And yeah, I totally understand why you're not here much anymore. Me, too! Now that Chris is out of the picture, there's not much reason for you or me! BUT, I stay here for the Ledgie family, not FM without Chris!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Video of the evil fence in question:

Wickhambreaux and Seaton villagers fight for access to marshland as new land owners fence off access
Old 04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
No offense to the villagers, but that ain't much of a river, from what I could see. Maybe it's flowing and robust in other segments, but the part I saw was pitiful. They ought to be glad to be denied access to it. I could make them a better river in my backyard.

Michele
Old 04-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did anyone else search Christine, on the Gazette's search engine? It's about Mick's blues band, and mentions that Mick hoped to take Chris to lunch:
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonli...rticleid=49976
Old 04-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Did anyone else search Christine, on the Gazette's search engine? It's about Mick's blues band, and mentions that Mick hoped to take Chris to lunch:
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonli...rticleid=49976
At first there was talk that Mick and the band might be laying up at Christine's house. But in the end he was reduced to hoping to take her to lunch. Sigh. At least we know she attended the concert.

I had not seen this article and thank you for posting, because I had been wanting to know how Ruby was doing. He says that she is totally ok now. I wondered if she had suffered any brain damage. It's a relief to think she didn't. He said he encourages everyone to learn CPR. I wonder if he knows it. If he doesn't after making that comment, I think his pony tail should be snipped.

Michele