Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up First time hearing The Chain

Very good song! The harmonies with Stevie are beautiful, can't tell if you can hear Christine in there or not I can never hear her unless it's a song with her mainly singing. Going to have a second listen in order to pay closer attention. Some of their songs i'm having a hard time getting into though!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wait... you are just now hearing The Chain for the first time???

Sorry, that's quite a shock! But yayyyy!! Epic song. Great contributions by everybody. The bass line. The lyrics. Everything.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now THIS is a new fan.... How refreshing to hear about this!!!

The chain is a great song, and is awesome live..... still think it should have been the opener on this tour!!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lightbulb

I feel like I should have a newbie sign by my name yes first time hearing it. I have their Rumours CD, and Fleetwood Mac, then a few random songs, then TISL, Soundstage, and Crystal Visions along with random songs by Stevie Nicks. So yes quite a new fan. Like I said some of their songs i'm having a hard time getting into. I decided to check the Mac out cause i heard Edge of Seventeen a few times and decided to look into Stevie, then found she was in Fleetwood Mac and like I said figured hey let me check them out.

Last edited by ~GoldDustWoman~; 08-13-2009 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Added some stuff
Old 08-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
I feel like I should have a newbie sign by my name yes first time hearing it. I have their Rumours CD, and Fleetwood Mac, then a few random songs, then TISL, Soundstage, and Crystal Visions along with random songs by Stevie Nicks. So yes quite a new fan. Like I said some of their songs i'm having a hard time getting into. I decided to check the Mac out cause i heard Edge of Seventeen a few times and decided to look into Stevie, then found she was in Fleetwood Mac and like I said figured hey let me check them out.
I'm afraid you're going about it all wrong. One shouldn't enter Fleetwood Mac via Stevie Nicks. One should enter Stevie Nicks via Fleetwood Mac.

I feel that acerbity is in all the great critics: Hazlitt, Johnson, Shaw, Wilson, & Ernie Kovacs. Acerbity is personality, & personality is the very foundation of judicial criticism.

Both John Simon (my idol) & Danny Kirwan consider film a true gesamtkunstwerk, an all-encompassing art that incorporates all the other arts -- & even the sciences & pseudo social sciences & perhaps even Game Boy.

I consider both Fleetwood Mac & its admirers rather strange.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I consider both Fleetwood Mac & its admirers rather strange.
You always make me smile.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is going to sound really cheesy, but I always feel really jealous of people who haven't heard all the songs before. I remember this time last year I was really just getting out of my Kate Bush obsession and into my Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks one, and how ecstatic I'd feel when I found a new song I adored.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Now THIS is a new fan.... How refreshing to hear about this!!!

The chain is a great song, and is awesome live..... still think it should have been the opener on this tour!!
Why? So predictable!...as the first song, as the second song...or the song before Dreams (which just kills the energy). I applaud them opening with Monday Morning. WOW...something sort of different! Why should any song be set in stone in a set list? I rather go to a concert and be surprised by a refreshed set list --- as opposed to something like a church service.

It would be nice to hear The Chain somewhere else in set...like at the end of the set, as it was when they first starting performing it.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Why? So predictable!...as the first song, as the second song...or the song before Dreams (which just kills the energy). I applaud them opening with Monday Morning. WOW...something sort of different! Why should any song be set in stone in a set list? I rather go to a concert and be surprised by a refreshed set list --- as opposed to something like a church service.

It would be nice to hear The Chain somewhere else in set...like at the end of the set, as it was when they first starting performing it.
You know what- you really have a good point...... I don't know what I was thinking!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Unfortunately until I heard Stevie Nicks, I have to admit i had never really heard Fleetwood Mac before, so I had no choice but to go through her to listen to FM! LOL!