The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Alec Baldwin - 2007 Father of the Year....NOT!!!

Angry voice mail from Baldwin goes public

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18220258/

‘30 Rock’ star calls his 11-year-old daughter ‘a rude, thoughtless little pig’

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - The festering bad blood between movie-star exes Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger erupted Thursday when an angry phone message from Baldwin to his daughter was made public.

On the recording, Baldwin can be heard admonishing his 11-year-old, Ireland: “You are a rude, thoughtless little pig.

You don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being,” he says, apparently upset that she did not answer her phone for a planned call.

I don’t give a damn that you’re 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you’re a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn’t care about what you do as far as I’m concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone.

He goes on to say that he plans to fly from New York to Los Angeles “for the day just to straighten you out on this issue.

The recording was published by celebrity news site TMZ.com, which said that the call was placed on April 11.

Baldwin’s spokesman said in a statement Thursday that “in the best interest of the child,” the 49-year-old actor “will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order.

The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order,” he continued. “Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years.

The voice mail speaks for itself,” Basinger’s spokeswoman said.

Calls to Basinger’s attorneys were not returned. Her spokeswoman also did not return calls. Baldwin’s attorney also did not return a call seeking comment.

Baldwin and Basinger, 53, were married in 1993. They have been involved in prolonged legal disputes over custody and other issues since she filed for divorce in 2001, which was granted in 2002. The couple’s differences have been aired several times in public.

Basinger was charged with contempt of court in October for violating terms of a 2004 custody agreement. A motion by her lawyers to dismiss the charges was denied Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. The next hearing on visitation issues is scheduled for May 4.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:16 PM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up More like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
TedDansonInAHat ?
AlecBaldwinNotAParent
Old 04-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh please, my mother's favorite epithet for me was "you ungrateful little bastard," from the time I was about 6. I must be really ungrateful now, as I refuse to have anything to do with her, but who cares? It doesn't look like Basinger is the best parent in the world either.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
Oh please, my mother's favorite epithet for me was "you ungrateful little bastard," from the time I was about 6. I must be really ungrateful now, as I refuse to have anything to do with her, but who cares? It doesn't look like Basinger is the best parent in the world either.
They're both those dumb-as-lint "Hollywood Types", they BADLY need the publicity at this time in the sunset of their career...Cause otherwise who could give a flying vertical f**k about 'em?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what a ****ing bastard.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh please, my mother's favorite epithet for me was "you ungrateful little bastard," . . . .
Her too

I agree, Bassigner is a fukcing Cee Uou Next Tuesday for doing this. Clearly, she used her kid to trap Baldwin and then she leaked it to the press. I know people who knew them when they lived together in NYC and they said the paramedics had to be called often because they would beat the hell out of each other - nice
Old 04-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Her too

I agree, Bassigner is a fukcing Cee Uou Next Tuesday for doing this. Clearly, she used her kid to trap Baldwin and then she leaked it to the press. I know people who knew them when they lived together in NYC and they said the paramedics had to be called often because they would beat the hell out of each other - nice

I agree, it sounds like a trap but a father that speaks like that to a 11 years old is far worse, IMO.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 04-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

i thought it was pretty mean when i read the transcript.

when i heard it, i almost died.

there is a big difference. and as someone who has heard that tone and those kinds of words on an answering machine message from my father, i can tell you, that poor child will not ever, ever forget it. the ugliness, the meanness, the hatred, the selfishness. it made my stomach turn.

i think it's disgusting that bassigner and/or her lawyer leaked it. the child will also suffer the effects of that kind of animosity between two parents.

i don't care how much a brat she may or may not be (clearly, she has had no example on how to behave from her parents). she is the child. they are the adults (or supposed to be). i hope there are some smart aunts or uncles or grandparents in her life who will teach her and guide her towards the counselling she will no doubt need at some point.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark View Post

there is a big difference. and as someone who has heard that tone and those kinds of words on an answering machine message from my father, i can tell you, that poor child will not ever, ever forget it. the ugliness, the meanness, the hatred, the selfishness. it made my stomach turn.

i think it's disgusting that bassigner and/or her lawyer leaked it. the child will also suffer the effects of that kind of animosity between two parents.

i don't care how much a brat she may or may not be (clearly, she has had no example on how to behave from her parents). she is the child. they are the adults (or supposed to be). i hope there are some smart aunts or uncles or grandparents in her life who will teach her and guide her towards the counselling she will no doubt need at some point.
yeah, i just heard it this evening. ridiculous and pathetic.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark View Post

Totally agree with everything you said. It is a sad situation but Alec and Kim will get theirs when that little girl is a teenager

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 04-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
are you saying that because she said that to you, it's okay that alec b. said that **** to his daughter?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think what he said to his daughter was pretty rough but I also think that all parents make massive mistakes. That tape never should have made it to the public- it's absolutely none of our business.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I think what he said to his daughter was pretty rough but I also think that all parents make massive mistakes. That tape never should have made it to the public- it's absolutely none of our business.
I mean could you imagine going through a divorce and having to schedule specific times via a court Order to speak to your daughter because your wife makes her unavailable. Then, during those times, the wife (which clearly is the case here unless Ireland hates her father, which there is no evidence of) makes her unavailable even during those times. That stress would madden the best of us. Of course, his anger was misdirected because an 11 year old cannot really be responsible for her actions. But, when I did divorce law, my experience was the parents use kids as a tool to hurt each other and/or as a financial means all the time. It truly is sickening.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
This I absolutely agree with - and to think this is everywhere as friggin NEWS!!! And on the "entertainment shows" as entertainment...

I don't think his wife had anything to do with leaking it... but I bet she saved it and submitted it to her lawyers as part of whatever they are dealing with in their case... and that's probably where the leak came from.