Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
I have some sad news about my Max. Over the summer, he was diagnosed with glaucoma in his right eye, and lost sight in that eye. He had the beginnings of glaucoma in his left eye, but still had sight. On Friday morning, when I let him out of the kitchen (he stays in there overnight) he was walking into the walls and the dining room chairs. He was scared to death to go outside. He seemed a little better that afternoon when I returned home from work, but all weekend long, he's acted like he did on Friday morning. I know he's almost completly blind in that eye now. I think he's still able to see shadows though. I will find out tonight as I'm taking him to the vet. I know he's in a lot of pain, because Sara accidentally ran into him and he immediately ran from her and started crying. I called him to me, and he came over and rubber his little head on my leg. I started crying right along with him. Please wish us luck, as now I am going to have to completly re-train him to be better acquainted with the house. I've found a few websites for owners of blind dogs, and I'm getting some really great ideas on how to use scent to help him find the corners of walls and furniture, and also on how to teach them to use the stairs. I just want the little fella out of pain, because it's obviously painful for him.

I'm so sorry to here about this My bosses dog has been battling the same thing for about 7 years now. He does fine (now) but it took awhile, and he became just a tad more protective (maybe even a little more agressive ) because the poor little thing can't see I wish all of you the best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonChilde View Post
AWW I can not resist this thread...and have to add some pictures of my furkids..and my daughters too...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...ONARDOS145.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...lde2/Romeo.jpg

OMG!! HOW CUTE!!!! that is soooo cute!! I had a picture of murray in antlers but he was SOOO mad it was great...hahah