Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken View Post
Here are my misc. notes from Saratoga show. I really enjoyed the show, I think more so than Under the Skin Tour.

Really enjoyed the full band version of Go Insane. Sounded awesome, Lindsey playing acoustic guitar, and I thought it was really entertaining [in a good way] how Lindsey even could do the low voiced "go insane" lyric. I was crying with laughter.

Trouble was also a full band version, similar to the 92 Out of the Cradle Tour version, with Neil doing the ascending guitar riff.

I also was not a big fan of both ISA and Come. Both have the solo where Lindsey does the Frankenstein impression walking around on stage. I only need to see this maybe one time.

Lindsey used a pick on Under the Skin, and did throw to the audience. I think some of his family was in the front row, so they got it. Along with a sweaty towel at some point.

Also, I did not think it was so good to close with Treason. People where on their feet for the last couple songs, then as the last song, Treason is introduced, which was kinda a downer, people sat down, etc. Would rather have closed with something stronger and known by the audience. Maybe they will change that for the SF show.

Lindsey had a new guitar I had not seen before, not sure what kind. If anyone knows, please send me a note! Was used on "Did You Miss Me", plus a couple of other numbers. Looks kinda like his Turner/Renaissance acoustic electrics, but a smaller body, and a single neck pickup, no soundhole.

I would have liked to see higher attendance. The venue was maybe 75% full. But the people there seemed to be into the show, which was good.

The food was not good at the venue. I didn’t do the prix fixe dinner, but I would have liked better other options. Note for future shows at Mountain Winery.
Thanks for your notes! Do you know where Love Runs Deeper was in the set? Also, how was Don't Look Down?