User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Help identifying country of origin of bootleg

Reaching out to Ledge members from the Scandinavian parts of our world – I’m hoping that someone might be able to identify the language being spoken at the end of a bootleg said to have been recorded in Helsinki in the spring of 1969 (this would make it April 3rd according to Christopher Hjort)
I have also seen this show dated as September 24th and simply 1970 (no specific date given)
As this set contains the only live performance of “Man of the World” that I am aware of, it is easy enough to identify.
Based on the set list (they perform Rattlesnake Shake with the “Madge” coda and “Oh Well”), April of 1969 seems way too early.
As most of the songs are kept fairly short, and they do not perform “Green Manalishi” it seems doubtful that it is from 1970 either.
Based on the playing, I have come to think it is most likely from their November 1969 Scandinavian tour, possibly even the “Cue Room" in Goteborg. Dawson has posted a show on the Wolfgang’s Vault site said to be that show, but most here agree that the show in question it is from a later date – could this be the actual show recorded on that date?
The comments I refer to come after their last encore, Little Richard’s “Keep-a-Knockin’”. It lasts about twenty seconds but between the poor recording and the fact that I would not be able to indentify Danish, from Swedish, from Finnish, I defer to others who may be more familiar with these languages.
Of course, knowing "where" it was recorded will still not tell us "when", but at least it would provide a “correct” point of departure.

I thank all who have too much time on their hands, the desire to help and the ability to do so, in advance for their time.

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder