Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
wyning here is NOT the solution for sure.
Tommer, we have to have numbers too and the only way to have numbers is to be sure that the fans know. And, this is one of the few forums that we have right now.
It is not that simple either. JT owns some rights here and he developed it all.....he also took our money. So, if they boot him out flat, without doing their background work and the full support of all management, then, it is one big mess. That is why it is so important to make a noise. Hell yes, call the journalists. I did. I got Jane Weaver involved...but, I cannot do it all. We all have to work for the same goal and if we have to air our complaints, then we do.
You are right about the whining will not fix it...but, we have to become totally united as well...and be pro active on it. It is not getting any better...
don't get me wrong, wyning's okay, and it's perfectly the right place to do it, but it must NOT replace activism,
no, you DO NOT need numbers, a serious journalist should be able to get them him/herself, it's not up to you to do his/her job. you can provide your testimony and connections to other's and that should be enough.
i haven't got the slighest clue who jane weaver is, but as you can see, she's probably not the right person to address this issue. try again, someone else will like to follow this story for sure, maybe you should try sending emails to music publications...

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tommer
don't get me wrong, wyning's okay, and it's perfectly the right place to do it, but it must NOT replace activism,
no, you DO NOT need numbers, a serious journalist should be able to get them him/herself, it's not up to you to do his/her job. you can provide your testimony and connections to other's and that should be enough.
i haven't got the slighest clue who jane weaver is, but as you can see, she's probably not the right person to address this issue. try again, someone else will like to follow this story for sure, maybe you should try sending emails to music publications...
I wish that it were that easy. Jane Weaver is the reporter that I contacted with MSNBC who did the article about the fan club. It was to say the least disappointing to me.

And, unless you have something to give them, proof, numbers, etc...they will not listen to you. It ain't like the movies. They are not that easy to get involved with it. You have to take them a lot to get them to even work with you..
Old 06-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

"a serious journalist"

Is there any such thing anymore?

Old 06-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
"a serious journalist"

Is there any such thing anymore?

I have struggled to find one. They are more concerned about their connections and who is who and blah blah. As for The OReilly Factor, the Spin Zone, or whatever it is called, I think he is a good place to look. He was the next stop for me until I saw that he was at the Mac show and then I wondered if he would be willing to do something that may sully their name...it held me back....but, maybe it is time again to crank it up.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: 'Blind Selection' - Lubbock Pre-sale??!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
WTF??!!

OMG - the blind pre-sale is so bogus, it isn't even funny! It makes absolutely no sense.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SO you might as well buy your tickets when they go on sale to the general public. At least you'll know what you're getting. Blind sale is not fair at all to those expecting a chance at better seats though we've heard the nightmare things that went on during the pre-sales.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 06-16-2003, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I have struggled to find one. They are more concerned about their connections and who is who and blah blah. As for The OReilly Factor, the Spin Zone, or whatever it is called, I think he is a good place to look. He was the next stop for me until I saw that he was at the Mac show and then I wondered if he would be willing to do something that may sully their name...it held me back....but, maybe it is time again to crank it up.
don't you see you can get EXACTLY what you want there? if bill o'reilly likes the mac than he might address the issue without trying to crucify john, stevie or lindsey along the way.
gimme a break, i cannot believe that there isn't a single journalist in the entire american media who wouldn't wanna deal with this issue. this blind sale is so rediculous that it would fit at any entertainment magazine.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 03:04 AM
Ledgie

from another case involving union fraud, i found reporters investigating stories is something only happening in movies. nobody wants to investigate anything. murrow's turning over in his grave allright. even if you give em every fact most people calling themselves journalists won't work at anything not already written and reported on by somebody else first. plop all the facts in their lap and they still don't want it unless you write it for them and ask them to submit it with their own by line. jme
Old 06-16-2003, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wyning here is NOT the solution for sure.

Tommer, we have to have numbers too and the only way to have numbers is to be sure that the fans know. And, this is one of the few forums that we have right now.

It is not that simple either. JT owns some rights here and he developed it all.....he also took our money. So, if they boot him out flat, without doing their background work and the full support of all management, then, it is one big mess. That is why it is so important to make a noise. Hell yes, call the journalists. I did. I got Jane Weaver involved...but, I cannot do it all. We all have to work for the same goal and if we have to air our complaints, then we do.

You are right about the whining will not fix it...but, we have to become totally united as well...and be pro active on it. It is not getting any better, he is making a half assed attempt to have a showing of some low quality pics and video on the site, and blah blah....

Everyone....come together...sign the petition, contact media, get on the phone, write letters. Contact the agencys....

PLEASE READ THE THREAD 'NEWSCONTACTS FOR THE WORLD'

we should get together a letter in the form of a 'press release' that will catch their interest.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP........
Old 06-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Ledgie

This blind selection is pretty bogus, but it’s not that uncommon. Dave Matthews fan club does all their presales like this. Bowie’s fan club is doing it for the European dates they put on presale today. The email says that the general public sale for Lubbock will also be blind. So I don’t think reporters or AGs will be too interested in this. Better to stick with all the other stuff.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
don't you see you can get EXACTLY what you want there? if bill o'reilly likes the mac than he might address the issue without trying to crucify john, stevie or lindsey along the way.
gimme a break, i cannot believe that there isn't a single journalist in the entire american media who wouldn't wanna deal with this issue. this blind sale is so rediculous that it would fit at any entertainment magazine.
OK..I have been working my ass off for weeks on this and I am telling you this from experience...they DO NOT care unless you spoon feed them and like was said, write it and let them put their by line on it. And, Numbers do count. If ten ppl complain to the CA atty Gens office vs 100, what will get his attention? That is one of the best avenues available, and one that JT would least like to have knocking on his door...nor the FBI. and, it will take numbers.

Tommer, do you want to find a news person? Go for it and I will provide you with anything that you need. I would welcome the help and direction. It has worn me and several others to the bone. You have no idea what we are doing and how much time and attention from our regular lives this has taken. I want his ass...end of story, but, I do get tired.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Tommer, do you want to find a news person? Go for it and I will provide you with anything that you need. I would welcome the help and direction. It has worn me and several others to the bone. You have no idea what we are doing and how much time and attention from our regular lives this has taken. I want his ass...end of story, but, I do get tired.
right.
i'll help you finding your way through the american media, but in exchange, you'll help me with the israeli media, deal?
just write down your complaints, put it in an anvelope and address it to: ms. stephanie l. nicks, 6234 N. Yucca Rd., Paradise Valley, AZ 85253, don't forget the stamp and crossing your fingers. that'll help for sure.

Old 06-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right.
i'll help you finding your way through the american media, but in exchange, you'll help me with the israeli media, deal?
just write down your complaints, put it in an anvelope and address it to: ms. stephanie l. nicks, 6234 N. Yucca Rd., Paradise Valley, AZ 85253, don't forget the stamp and crossing your fingers. that'll help for sure.
Tommer with all due respect Ms. Nicks hasn't accepeted mail there for several years now.........so no matter how many stamps you stick on and fingers you might cross it ain't gonna get there......period.

So if you want to get constructive the thread NEWS CONTACTS FOR THE WORLD contains contact points for the world's press.....

we need the numbers to make us heard......
Old 06-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by highpriestess53
Tommer with all due respect Ms. Nicks hasn't accepeted mail there for several years now.........so no matter how many stamps you stick on and fingers you might cross it ain't gonna get there......period.

I'm sure Tommer is well aware of that Lou... Looks like the Brits aren't the only people good at dishing out the sarcasm!

Come on Tommer... if you aren't interested in this then don't join the thread. Sarcy comments will only get people annoyed and we need to stand united on this

Pip
Old 06-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: 'Blind Selection' - Lubbock Pre-sale??!!

Quote:
Originally posted by disEnchanted
did i miss something? can somebody explain? is this something only posted at micks? lost.......................
They have some snappy new contest posted over at Micks...see, this is the thing. The regulars do not want the ppl asking questions about the fan club to ask them at micks site, but, that is the only place that info is really coming down from the fan club...and JT linked the two as fan club respresentations long ago..