The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm probably Nicks-leaning, but I do really love Lindsey. Strangely, I tend to prefer his solo songs to his Mac contributions. Whereas in Fleetwood Mac I'm strongly Team Nicks, I probably enjoy their solo careers about equally.

1. "Shut Us Down" - I workout to the Bass Hall version several times a week. The desperation when he wails "as looooooooong as I can" always makes me sprint. I think it's one of the more romantic songs I've ever heard.
2. "Trouble" (Bass Hall)
3. "It Takes Time" - I was so impressed when I heard this one! I love the piano, I love the strings, I love that he surprised us.
4. "Never Going Back Again"
5. "Save Me a Place" - My roommate is still very much a casual fan, but after hearing my Tusk record enough times, announced that this was her favorite Fleetwood Mac song. I was so proud! Going for the deep cuts.
6. "Tusk"
7. "Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind"
8. "Walk a Thin Line"
9. "She Smiled Sweetly"
10. "Wrong"
Old 06-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
I'm probably Nicks-leaning, but I do really love Lindsey. Strangely, I tend to prefer his solo songs to his Mac contributions. Whereas in Fleetwood Mac I'm strongly Team Nicks, I probably enjoy their solo careers about equally.
i think this is the first time i've seen that distinction, and it makes sense, at least to me.

usually you hear people saying stuff more like "how can you love someone solo and not with FM?" when their work is so intricately tied together.

although, half of your picks are his FM songs, 3 of them are from Tusk (some do count that as LB's first solo album).

you seem to be leaning towards slower songs / ballads. love It Takes Time, and of course Walk a Thin Line.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Top Ten Lindsey Songs !!!

In a hurry but wanted to vote for our absolutely favorite
Mac member Lindsey and we concur with post # 15 !!!

Rock On Lindsey Dearest...we think Your GREAT !!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Junior Ledgie

I wouldn't say that I'm pro-Stevie or pro-Lindsey, as I really do enjoy both of their music equally. This list is in no particular order and I've decided to stick with just Fleetwood Mac songs (the catalog would just be too vast for me to whittle it down!)

Save Me a Place
I'm So Afraid
Walk a Thin Line
You and I (Parts I and II)
Caroline
Big Love
Bleed to Love Her
Tusk
Miss Fantasy
Crystal or Blue Letter (even though neither were penned by Lindsey)
Old 06-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.adams View Post
I wouldn't say that I'm pro-Stevie or pro-Lindsey, as I really do enjoy both of their music equally. This list is in no particular order and I've decided to stick with just Fleetwood Mac songs (the catalog would just be too vast for me to whittle it down!)

Save Me a Place
I'm So Afraid
Walk a Thin Line
You and I (Parts I and II)
Caroline
Big Love
Bleed to Love Her
Tusk
Miss Fantasy
Crystal or Blue Letter (even though neither were penned by Lindsey)
welcome!!

nice to see a new board member jumping right in with couple of interesting posts!

please do not hesitate to give us you solo top 10 LB list too.

and there's one song i'm partial to especially, on your list.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
1. Castaway Dreams
2. Shut Us Down
3. Trouble
4. Go Insane
5. Stars Are Crazy (would be #2 if he had written it)
6. In Our Own Time
7. Seeds We Sow
8. Without A Leg To Stand On
9. Bleed To Love Her
10. I'm So Afraid
You sure you're not a LB fan? You chose some of my very favorites!!! Shut Us Down, especially, is such an amazing song, and I hope he never takes it out of his solo set. It might be the highlight of his live show for me. Certainly, right up there (along with your other choices that I highlighted)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post

1. "Shut Us Down" - I workout to the Bass Hall version several times a week. The desperation when he wails "as looooooooong as I can" always makes me sprint. I think it's one of the more romantic songs I've ever heard.

3. "It Takes Time" - I was so impressed when I heard this one! I love the piano, I love the strings, I love that he surprised us.

5. "Save Me a Place" - My roommate is still very much a casual fan, but after hearing my Tusk record enough times, announced that this was her favorite Fleetwood Mac song. I was so proud! Going for the deep cuts.
[/B]
A big YES to all of this. Shut Us Down gives me goosebumps when I hear it live. I love the gentler Bass Hall version, but I love even more, the more aggressive way he played it on SWS and OMS tours.

It Takes Time...exactly what you said.

Save Me A Place. Awww, yeah <3 <3 <3 You're roommate sounds like a keeper
Old 06-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Bel Air Rain
2. Murrow
3. Surrender the Rain
4. Soul Drifter
5. Crystal
6. Caroline
7. You Or You Don't
8. Can't Go Back
9. Not That Funny
10. Tango in the Night
Old 06-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Never Going Back Again
2. Tusk
3. Eyes of the World
4. Bleed To Love Her
5. Second Hand News
6. I Know I'm Not Wrong
7. Stephanie
8. That's Enough For Me
9. Countdown
10. Steal Your Heart Away
Old 06-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Despite being a huge Stevie fan, I absolutely adore almost everything both Lindsey and Chris have done. Here's some favorites in no order:
  • Bleed To Love Her
  • Without a Leg To Stand On
  • Cast Away Dreams (esp. the acoustic version)
  • Go Insane (I like it better live, same w/ Big Love)
  • Crystal
  • Miss Fantasy (love the writing here)
  • It Takes Time (so gorgeous, I blare it on repeat now)
  • What Makes You Think You're The One
  • Walk a Thin Line
  • Blue Letter (I blare it in the car, lol)
  • Stars Are Crazy
  • Save Me A Place (I just love all of Tusk so much)
  • Deep Dense
  • Say Goodbye (esp live)
  • Doesn't Anything Last (acoustic duet demo is my favorite)
  • Goodbye Angel
  • Street Of Dreams (Maybe a weird one, but I listened to it a lot when my dad passed when I was little. It's still comforting)

*** Gotta say I do love the 'staples' like GYOW, SHN, Monday Morning, Tusk, NGBA, etc. I just don't listen to them much on my own because i've heard them so many times. Same w/ Stevie though. If i'm jamming to her songs alone, i'm never gonna put on Edge of Seventeen, yknow.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
*** Gotta say I do love the 'staples' like GYOW, SHN, Monday Morning, Tusk, NGBA, etc. I just don't listen to them much on my own because i've heard them so many times. Same w/ Stevie though. If i'm jamming to her songs alone, i'm never gonna put on Edge of Seventeen, yknow.
Yes, I might listen to an older live boot now and then, but I never listen to the studio versions of these songs any more. That's why when the remasters were released and I listened to them, it really was a fresh, enlightening experience, because I'd been away from the original Rumours and Tusk albums for so long.

Michele
Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm supposed to be a Stevie fan first, but since i'm not that much into Fleetwood Mac, i've realised that Lindsey's music is more important to me.
I like top 10 so i'm going to give it a try anyway.

1. Bel Air Rain
2. The Ledge
3. Countdown
4. Time Bomb Town
5. Never Going Back Again
6. Time Precious Time
7. Show you how
8. Tango in the night
9. Stephanie
10. Turn it on

Also love Shut us down, Treason, Book of love, Play in the rain, Bang the drum/Eyes of the world and everyone of his songs on Tusk except "That's enough for me".

Last edited by Sleepless-Child; 06-10-2013 at 09:42 AM..
Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

what a GREAT thread idea!
I venture into the Lindsey forum about once a year and always feel waaaaay out of my depth here I do love Lindsey's solo work though.
here goes (in no particular order):

1. Trouble
2. Bel Air Rain
3. Did You Miss Me
4. Tango in the Night
5. Slow Dancing
6. Come
7. I'm So Afraid
8. Love Runs Deeper
9. Stars Are Crazy
10. Down on Rodeo

honorable mentions: In Our Own Time / Miss Fantasy / Red Rover

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 06-13-2013 at 07:22 AM..
Old 06-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Despite being a huge Stevie fan, I absolutely adore almost everything both Lindsey and Chris have done. Here's some favorites in no order:
  • Deep Dense
  • Doesn't Anything Last (acoustic duet demo is my favorite)
  • Street Of Dreams (Maybe a weird one, but I listened to it a lot when my dad passed when I was little. It's still comforting)
Deep Dense - wish this one had been released on a solo album. It was an instant favorite the first time I heard it.

Street of Dreams - one of my sentimental favorites as well. There is a great version on YouTube done in his home studio, full of emotion (search for 1992 interview with Sarah Jessica Parker.)

I absolutely love Doesn't Anything Last, but I was not even aware there was a duet version until you mentioned it. I just now heard part of the duet on Amazon...although I personally like the solo Lindsey version better, I've always wished this had been expanded into a full length song. Looking on YouTube, the only version of this song I could find was done by a fan and she added additional lyrics -- does anyone know if there is a longer version of this song out there, or if she added the addl. lyrics on her own?