User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think he only minds when the solo work conflicts with FM. He doesn't seem to care what she's doing when there's no FM on the horizon. When he told the band not to come knocking on his door, he wasn't concerned with what she was doing solo and he seemed happy for her about IYD, but it seems like the band (or he and Mick, if not John) thought promotion for IYD was going to end one year sooner than it did, which led to Mick's Playboy interview, etc.
yes. and that's basically what the band has been saying in those earlier interviews this year, and now finally Stevie said the same thing (in her exaggerated way):

Lindsey is unhappy with her right now because she put her solo needs in the way of the band album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey is unhappy with her right now because she put her solo needs in the way of the band album.
Do you think that Lindsey was lying when he said they had no intention of releasing new music before this tour?
Old 09-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Do you think that Lindsey was lying when he said they had no intention of releasing new music before this tour?
yes.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
do you think Stevie is lying now when she says Lindsey has a problem with her doing solo, and wants her to do FM?

Old 09-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
yes.

Wow, I guess I give Lindsey more credit than you do.

Quote:
do you think Stevie is lying now when she says Lindsey has a problem with her doing solo, and wants her to do FM?
No, I don't. We all know he had issues with her solo career in the beginning, and we also know he's been wanting her to do another Fleetwood Mac album since 'Say You Will.' I'm sure he would have been happier had she gone into the studio with Fleetwood Mac in 2010, instead of with Dave Stewart. And, yes, he probably would have been happier had she been in the studio with him and Christine this past Spring.

However, I still don't think that changes the fact that the band had no intention of releasing a new album before this particular tour -- and, therefore, that Stevie's album didn't prevent it from happening.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
However, I still don't think that changes the fact that the band had no intention of releasing a new album before this particular tour -- and, therefore, that Stevie's album didn't prevent it from happening.
yes i know, you stated that's what you think, numerous times.

and yes, i do think they wanted to try to finish the album before the tour start, and possibly release it in that window when they are in NYC (which now both Stevie and Mick are using for their separate projects instead).

but that's not what this thread is about.

this thread just concludes that Lindsey is not happy she was not in the studio with them this year. band implied it in earlier interviews, and Stevie said it about Lindsey now. you stated numerous times that you don't think that's true and that she had a full consent of the band to go off and do her solo stuff instead, that she was not needed in the studio yet.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
but that's not what this thread is about.

this thread just concludes that Lindsey is not happy she was not in the studio with them this year. band implied it in earlier interviews, and Stevie said it about Lindsey now. you stated numerous times that you don't think that's true and that she had a full consent of the band to go off and do her solo stuff instead, that she was not needed in the studio yet.
I still have no doubt she had the band's consent (as if she even needs it).

Stevie having their consent and Lindsey wishing she was in the studio with them instead, are not mutually exclusive things.

I won't bother to get into the rest (the improbability of this group of people intending to finish an album, mix it, master it, work out a track-listing, choose cover art, and rehearse for a major tour all within a 5-month time-frame, and on top of one of the members being treated for and recovering from cancer) -- since apparently that's not what this thread is about.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's not what this thread is about.
glad we are on the same page that there's no need to rehash old discussions yet again.

people know where i stand and where you stand on all these points (and if they don't but are interested they can do a quick search and find out ).

moving forward is good.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The bottom line is that Fleetwood Mac is not a full-time band and hasn't been in decades. Lindsey has needed his space (such as right after the SYW tour and that 10-year leave of absence after Tango), and Chris needed a 15-year hiatus. The stars will never align such that everyone is ready to do the exact same thing at the exact same time. They do pretty well at juggling, and they are better at compromising than some people are giving them credit for.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think he only minds when the solo work conflicts with FM. He doesn't seem to care what she's doing when there's no FM on the horizon. When he told the band not to come knocking on his door, he wasn't concerned with what she was doing solo and he seemed happy for her about IYD, but it seems like the band (or he and Mick, if not John) thought promotion for IYD was going to end one year sooner than it did, which led to Mick's Playboy interview, etc.

Michele
That seems to be an accurate assessment of affairs.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
The bottom line is that Fleetwood Mac is not a full-time band and hasn't been in decades. Lindsey has needed his space (such as right after the SYW tour and that 10-year leave of absence after Tango), and Chris needed a 15-year hiatus. The stars will never align such that everyone is ready to do the exact same thing at the exact same time. They do pretty well at juggling, and they are better at compromising than some people are giving them credit for.
You have me inspiration for great title for their (last?) upcoming album.

FLEETWOOD MAC: THE JUGGLING ACT.