Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I can see the interview now:

Stevie Nicks gets Fleetwood Mac album off the ground:
Rolling Stone 3/15/2016

I sat Christine, Lindsey, and Mick down (well because John walks away when I speak) and I explained to them in detail what I wanted to give to them. Because they are in my band and they are my first priority. Being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army. Well, if the army had private jets and private hotels with grand pianos and a trail of assistants following you around, and if there wasn't any bombs or guns or killing. Yes, just like the army.

This is so hilarious. And poor John. I've said that about him during the show, that Stevie is free to walk up and say anything she wants to him and he can't move. He's captive up there. It's like being a hostage in the army.

Michele
Old 02-21-2015, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
This massive world wide tour with Christine back in the band has put them back on radar. Negative expectations aside, though the album might not jump to the top, I think it will do respectively well. I believe they do care to keep the most successful line up of the band intact. This isn't just another album -- it's their last album. Even if Lindsey and Christine produce a great album, it will be known for all the wrong reasons without Stevie on it.
I don't have negative expectations about an album. I think an album will be an amazing thing for fans and for the bans. I think it will give them a creative burst. I don't think it will go platinum, but at this point I wish that record sales would not equate to positive and low sales would not equal negative in the band's mind or the fans. Enough of that. I'd rather hear the music than read the Billboard charts.

And this album does not have to be the last album if all 5 of them are not poised to participate in it. It can just be an ALBUM. They can gear up for the "last" album later, when the pieces, all the pieces, are in place. Making this the last album with laurels on it is to also create a planning inertia where nothing gets done, because you're trying to make what does get done so momentous.

Better to strip expectations away and just get an album out now and then build to the "last" album over the next 3 years.

Michele
Old 02-21-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is so hilarious. And poor John. I've said that about him during the show, that Stevie is free to walk up and say anything she wants to him and he can't move. He's captive up there. It's like being a hostage in the army.

Michele
As much as I was joking and thinking of the way she speaks, it's sadly not far off at times.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As much as I was joking and thinking of the way she speaks, it's sadly not far off at times.
Well, it sounds like her, because you used language from her own interviews and just sprinkled a bit of reality into it.

Michele
Old 02-21-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, it sounds like her, because you used language from her own interviews and just sprinkled a bit of reality into it.

Michele
Like you, I've read 1000's of interviews from the Macsters.

It took us 10 years to realize we were correct about Buck being mad that Christine left. As it came full circle, we now understood his frustration.

I never would have guessed that he and Stevie would not have more of a collaboration in Christine's absence. That one threw me.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can see the interview now:

Stevie Nicks gets Fleetwood Mac album off the ground:
Rolling Stone 3/15/2016

I sat Christine, Lindsey, and Mick down (well because John walks away when I speak) and I explained to them in detail what I wanted to give to them. Because they are in my band and they are my first priority. Being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army. Well, if the army had private jets and private hotels with grand pianos and a trail of assistants following you around, and if there wasn't any bombs or guns or killing. Yes, just like the army.

And I told them they are my first love and I told them how they are my first love cuz you know they already know that. And I told Lindsey I joined this band and we dated for ya know like 5% of the time that we've known each other, so we have to get along. And we need to do this, because Lindsey and I are so special. This may be our final project in Fleetwood Mac so it has to be good. I told all of them that.

When I looked up, for some reason Christine was hanging by a rope from the ceiling, Lindsey had jammed two sharp objects into his ears, and Mick was laying on the floor next to an empty bottle of pills. So I grabbed my little assistants and we pranced into my army like hotel and I played Rhiannon again. Because you know, it's the only song I really know how to play.. hahahahahah...
OMG!You are hystericalYou've got her interviews down to a science.Thanks for the laugh
Old 02-21-2015, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bet Stevie is hesitant because they have to tour to promote it.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
The exact conversation (because I prefer that to media paraphrase, which is helpful but somewhat limited...) went like this:

I’d take Lindsey Buckingham in the big machine or the small machine. I think it works either way. Which leaves me to offer this as the last question. So since Fleetwood Mac’s on the big tour now - everybody knows that so get your tickets if you can get in; they’re out there now - Um, what happens after the big tour? You gonna go back to more solo stuff?

Uh, eventually. But, you know, one of the really exciting things that happened before we started rehearsing the show with Christine is she came over, because she said ‘Lindsey, I’ve got some rough ideas for new songs’, and we, she came over and we went in the studio - the two of us with John and Mick - and again, you ask ‘Well, is that still going to work?’ and that was my thought. Oh my god, you know, is this, am I still going to be able to do what I used to do for her or is what she’s going to bring me - She gave me a bunch of stuff to take home after we saw her in England when we played there, and I worked on it at home, took lots of liberties, came back, she loved it. We went in the studio for two months and came up with probably the best group of songs which were co-written that I think we’ve done in years, so we are going to continue working on a new album. And, uh, the solo stuff will probably take a backseat for another year or so.

You know what, nobody’s complaining about that.

No. Least of all me.

People would love to hear another Fleetwood Mac album.

Oh, I’m telling ya, beautiful way to kind of wrap up this last act, you know.

Well, I suspect, uh, when that happens, you and maybe somebody else will come back and see us.

I certainly hope so.
'

thanks nicole!!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of Stevie interviews, it occurs that maybe Chris's participation in the Rolling Stone piece and her specific comments were really her way of "working" Stevie to do the new album etc. Last time Mick and to a certain amount Lindsey did a harder form of cajoling or manipulating… Mick's Playboy interview all gloom and doom and this is it for the band that's it I can't see a way forward etc etc worked, but probably won't work again. Maybe Chris is taking the opposite path, being kinder, more diplomatic, you know, the old "you catch more flies with honey" kind of thing… "Stevie's so magical and I just love her to bits" etc is to achieve the same goal, get Stevie into the fold, but using the tactic of making Stevie WANT to join in, rather than guilting her into it. Just a thought that wandered across my brain, "like a strand in the wind".
Old 02-21-2015, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Oh the horror of making millions and millions while living the lap of luxury.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-21-2015, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think that's it because if that were a genuine concern they could've done the album first. She decided to record a solo album instead. They had to have gone into this whole thing and with Christine returning knowing an album was in the cards.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't think that's it because if that were a genuine concern they could've done the album first. She decided to record a solo album instead. They had to have gone into this whole thing and with Christine returning knowing an album was in the cards.
That's the whole reason she came back to begin with.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Oh the horror of making millions and millions while living the lap of luxury.
Why can't they make an album and not tour? That way she could do her album. She doesn't need the money.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why can't they make an album and not tour?
See also: Time, In The Meantime

Quote:
That way she could do her album. She doesn't need the money.
Neither does anybody else. You fail to grasp the concept that she chooses to be in the band, and singing and writing songs for the band are part of her job description. If that is unacceptable to her, she should leave. However, something is keeping her in the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
See also: Time, In The Meantime

Neither does anybody else. You fail to grasp the concept that she chooses to be in the band, and singing and writing songs for the band are part of her job description. If that is unacceptable to her, she should leave. However, something is keeping her in the band.

like being a dr and refusing to treat the child of Lesbians makes no sense

Last edited by olive; 02-21-2015 at 06:58 PM..