The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they do win, I'm sure they'll have some sort of pre-recorded acceptance speech from the band where they explain why they couldn't make it. However, if this award is based on radio airplay and record sales, it sounds like Matchbox Twenty will probably take this one. But of course I will watch anyway with my fingers crossed!
Old 10-27-2003, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thrown Down and Red Rover added to the setlist! Dare I hope?! They'd better play those sheds as promised!!!

Oh, and I stand by my assertion that the album version of TD is MUCH better than the "Wall of Sound" with its intrusive backing vocals from Stevie's posse of singers and absent "shaken my faith" verse. The only good thing about it is Lindsey's powerful vocal at the end, that was ditched for the album cut. "About JUST how much he NEVER really TOLD HER!!!"

Old 10-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Accidentally slipping back on-topic (against my nature, lol) .. I have to agree with whoever it was that said that EFO reeks of the Mac.

As much as I like Thrown Down.. I feel like EFO would have been a better choice for a single. Just from "testing" the SYW album on friends/family in the car.. each non-fan has enjoyed EFO considerably more than most other songs on the cd. God, the "violin" part at the end is so freakin' awesome.

I'm definitely more of a Lindsey fan, but EFO is, IMO, probably the best song on this record. It's just that good. (And nestled in 2nd place between Angel and Gold & Braid on my list of favorite Stevie songs. )

I'll keep checking our new releases here at the station, and try to find out about a release date. If there's a remix or something (other than the WOS) I'll be sure to post it.