User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Please site one quote from W saying Iraq was resp. for 9/11.

Clinton bombed Iraq based on the evidence of WMD you just said was patently false. how is that different. I mean killing people based on knowingly false info. is just wrong period - right So, Clinton is just as guilty as W.
Clinton probably is, who knows. I wasn't a huge Clinton fan and found him to be quite the slick little pig, so he probably is guilty of using it as a diversion from his sexcapades. But that was then and this is now. I'm sick and tired of everyone blaming Bubba when all other arguments fail. It's absurd.

As for the quote, gimme a seocnd, I'll get a few of them for you.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Clinton probably is, who knows. I wasn't a huge Clinton fan and found him to be quite the slick little pig, so he probably is guilty of using it as a diversion from his sexcapades. But that was then and this is now. I'm sick and tired of everyone blaming Bubba when all other arguments fail. It's absurd.

As for the quote, gimme a seocnd, I'll get a few of them for you.
I AM NOT BLAMING CLINTON - I am just pointing out that yout assertion that W's war without Iraq had no support anywhere but in his own head is just wrong. The US had been posturing itself for a decade to go to war with Iraq.BTW - the quote better come straight from W - or its gonna be foul time on a fell deed

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can do better than just Shrub, I got Minute Rice and Rumsfeld, too. Shall I include Cheney?

Shrub:

"Evidence from intelligence sources, secret communications, and statements by people now in custody reveal that Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of Al-Qaeda."

"After September the 11th, we've entered into a new era and a new war. This is a man [Hussein] that we know has connections with Al Qaeda. This is a man who uses Al Qaeda as a forward army."

Minute Rice:

"There have been contacts between senior Iraqi officials and members of Al Qaeda going back for actually quite a long time."

Rumsfeld:

"Yes, there is a linkage between Al Qaeda and Iraq."

Old 06-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I AM NOT BLAMING CLINTON
Now you're sounding like every other raging conservative.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can do better than just Shrub, I got Minute Rice and Rumsfeld, too. Shall I include Cheney?

Shrub:

"Evidence from intelligence sources, secret communications, and statements by people now in custody reveal that Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of Al-Qaeda."

"After September the 11th, we've entered into a new era and a new war. This is a man [Hussein] that we know has connections with Al Qaeda. This is a man who uses Al Qaeda as a forward army."

Minute Rice:

"There have been contacts between senior Iraqi officials and members of Al Qaeda going back for actually quite a long time."

Rumsfeld:

"Yes, there is a linkage between Al Qaeda and Iraq."
If I am not mistaken, these statements are correct on their face. But, we are making an academic argument. We both agree that the a$$hole Rove
took correct but very minor and archaic links between SH and Al-Q and made them sound like SH and OBL were best friends and the sole purpose of this was to fool and scare the American people into wanting to go to war immediately with Iraq

Old 06-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, these statements are correct on their face.
They are? Saddam Hussein uses (or used) Al-Qaeda as a "forward army?" No wonder 55% of Americans believe that Saddam was responsible for 9/11!

Old 06-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They are? Saddam Hussein uses (or used) Al-Qaeda as a "forward army?" No wonder 55% of Americans believe that Saddam was responsible for 9/11!
According to http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/...irq.bush.iraq/

W said SH "could" use . . .

Here, http://www.dailyiowan.com/news/2002/...n-296930.shtml they say he said "would like use . . . "

So, that is different than asserting W said "used"

Again, this is all an academic argument.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/...irq.bush.iraq/

W said SH "could" use . . .
Regardless! It's known fact that Saddam and bin Laden despised each other and there is no proof WHATSOEVER that Saddam had anything to do with al-Qaeda once. It's despicable behavior to make these comments.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Then I guess we should just let that comment fall by the wayside since there isn't a source that can get it right.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Regardless! It's known fact that Saddam and bin Laden despised each other and there is no proof WHATSOEVER that Saddam had anything to do with al-Qaeda once. It's despicable behavior to make these comments.
Was that you just saying you were wrong and then spinning it

Again, I agree with you, W lied about the exigent nature of Iraq's threat to world peace to sell his war and should be impeached for it. I am just arguing he was not alone in the boat when he made the sale - the past and furture leaders of the Democratic party were right there with him helping him along

Old 06-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was that you just saying you were wrong and then spinning it
No, I was saying that if the quote was to be taken in the way you linked to it, it was also a lie.

Here's another:

"This is a man who continues to murder his own people, a man who has gassed -- used gas on his own citizens, a man who has used chemical weapons on his neighbors, a man who has invaded two countries, a man which hates -- who hates America, a man who loves to link up with al Qaeda, a man who is a true threat to America, to Israel, to anybody in the neighborhood."
-- On Saddam Hussein, and including unsubstantiated supposition, Phoenix, Arizona, Sep. 28, 2002

I double-checked that one, just try to shoot it down.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I was saying that if the quote was to be taken in the way you linked to it, it was also a lie.

Here's another:

"This is a man who continues to murder his own people, a man who has gassed -- used gas on his own citizens, a man who has used chemical weapons on his neighbors, a man who has invaded two countries, a man which hates -- who hates America, a man who loves to link up with al Qaeda, a man who is a true threat to America, to Israel, to anybody in the neighborhood."
-- On Saddam Hussein, and including unsubstantiated supposition, Phoenix, Arizona, Sep. 28, 2002

I double-checked that one, just try to shoot it down.
Well, what is untrue about it. Didnlt some Al-Q did train at Salmon Pak (sp.?) and high ranking members of Al-Q were known to SH. What SH was not resp. for and waht W was implying was, was 9/11 through Al-Q links. But, can you honestly say he would have tried to stop it and/or would not have promoted it if he had known about it

Old 06-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, what is untrue about it. Didnlt some Al-Q did train at Salmon Pak (sp.?) and high ranking members of Al-Q were known to SH. What SH was not resp. for and waht W was implying was, was 9/11 through Al-Q links. But, can you honestly say he would have tried to stop it and/or would not have promoted it if he had known about it
The training is rumoured, it's never been substantiated. Surprisingly, Perle was the first one to say it.

Just as Saddam's AQ "link-up" is unsubstantiated, yet he still "loves to" do it.