User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
plus, my minister, who is in the club, told me Jesus wanted it that way and that all Muslims are evil"

That's just so horrible!

Hillary
Old 11-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden

That's just so horrible!

Hillary
I agree, but I know people whose ministers preached it from the pulpit for weeks before the election and the R party sent memos to the Churches (mostly fundamentalist ones) asking that they scare the hell out of their parishoners so that they get out and vote for the divinely blessed W. Not to mention Pat Robertson, Jerry Fallwell, and other national miniters have said exactly that. So, I was coming from a place of truth with that.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
plus, my minister, who is in the club, told me Jesus wanted it that way and that all Muslims are evil"

We are in one big pile of sh*t with no one to dig us out.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm sorry, all. I don't know what to say right now.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Look--us old-timers made it through 12 years of back-to-back Repug presidents (Reagan x 2 then Bush the Elder)--we can make it through another four of the Chimp's.

We've got AAR. We've got Media Matters. We've got the Democratic Underground. We've got passion. We know that hate is NOT a Family Value and that it will never be. And most importantly, we know that we are right and it's only a matter of time before the people of this country wake up and realize what we already know. W stands for WRONG.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
Look--us old-timers made it through 12 years of back-to-back Repug presidents (Reagan x 2 then Bush the Elder)--we can make it through another four of the Chimp's.

We've got AAR. We've got Media Matters. We've got the Democratic Underground. We've got passion. We know that hate is NOT a Family Value and that it will never be. And most importantly, we know that we are right and it's only a matter of time before the people of this country wake up and realize what we already know. W stands for WRONG.
You're right. We lost the media when Reagan began comparing liberals to flashers and calling us dirty, etc. and turned it into a dirty word.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I'm sorry, all. I don't know what to say right now.
Me, too.

I would just like to say thank you to all my fellow liberal friends on the board, hell, all the liberals and Democrats who supported us so much in defeating Bush across the country. I love you all for one reason or another and you alone make me proud to be an American. Your tireless support for Kerry was heartwarming and we can never be accused of not wanting the best for this country. We didn't achieve what we wanted, but they are on borrowed time. We will regain control of the Senate, we will block his judicial nominations, and we will prevail. Stand up straight, lift your head up high, and let everyone know where your loyalties lie. Much love to everyone, gay, straight, black, white, brown, yellow. WE WILL PREVAIL.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Me, too.

I would just like to say thank you to all my fellow liberal friends on the board, hell, all the liberals and Democrats who supported us so much in defeating Bush across the country. I love you all for one reason or another and you alone make me proud to be an American. Your tireless support for Kerry was heartwarming and we can never be accused of not wanting the best for this country. We didn't achieve what we wanted, but they are on borrowed time. We will regain control of the Senate, we will block his judicial nominations, and we will prevail. Stand up straight, lift your head up high, and let everyone know where your loyalties lie. Much love to everyone, gay, straight, black, white, brown, yellow. WE WILL PREVAIL.
Welcome Back!!!!!!

To quote Stevie "even when you feel like your life is fading - I know that you'll go on forever - you're that good - and the heartbreak of the mement is not endless"

{{{HUGS}}}

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Welcome Back!!!!!!

To quote Stevie "even when you feel like your life is fading - I know that you'll go on forever - you're that good - and the heartbreak of the mement is not endless"

{{{HUGS}}}
That hit the spot like you wouldn't believe.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Now I know what "Frozen Love" means...Brrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry to disappear on everyone yesterday, But the "Backwood Retard" neighbor of our decided to make us freeze our asses off by backing his "Illegally" parked Semi-truck into our electric line, Thus ripping off our back porch and taking the electricity with it...Can ya say Wednesday was a GREAT day in our household??

Dont know what I missed since yesterday morning (Besides heat!!!) so hopefully someone can fill me in on what I missed in my "human frozen pop-sickle" state of existence.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."