The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love DW Suite and all the changes in the music. It starts off kinda slow and then builds up. The ending is my favorite part.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure that this even counts as a Lindsey song, but I really love "You and I, Part 1."

The lyrics are, um, lacking but all those rich layers of his voice are nothing short of a treat to my ears.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Save Me A Place doesn't get the respect it should. It should be included on every "Best of" Mac compilation.
I'm sorry, SMAP is just dull. I've tried to like it, I really have, but I just can't.

I agree about 'This Is The Time' though. Now there's a good song.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Let's hear it for This is the Time!

I would have said I Know I'm Not Wrong, but it got its 5 minutes of fame last year - thanks Lindsey!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Awesome!

Down Endless Street someone mentioned....awesome, I love it. I quoted that in the book I gave to Lindsey at the Woodlands last July. I used the lyric "Well you say you'll be fine when you walk out that door...will it be that easy to see me no more" in the Tango section for when he left.

This is the Time gets lots of love, I think. Not one of my faves, but it's greatness anyways.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"Without A Leg To Stand On"
"That's All For Everyone" (deserves more praise and recognition than Lindsey's *other* slow song on 'Tusk')
"Shadow Of The West"
"Love From Here, Love From There"
"Dancin' Across The U.S.A."
"Can't Go Back"
"Book Of Love"
"Slow Dancing"
"Loving Cup"
"Bang The Drum"
"You And I, Part 1"
"Down Endless Street"
"You Do Or You Don't"
"Doing What I Can"
"Turn It On"
"Make Me A Mask"

I also think "Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind," "Bleed To Love Her" and "Murrow" are underrated, for the simple fact that I feel they're three of his very best songs ever, and couldn't possibly be talked about nearly enough to match how insanely perfect they are.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
"That's All For Everyone" (deserves more praise and recognition than Lindsey's *other* slow song on 'Tusk')
Just as I can't go without getting in a Stevie dig, you can't go without getting in a SMAP dig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I also think "Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind," "Bleed To Love Her" and "Murrow" are underrated, for the simple fact that I feel they're three of his very best songs ever, and couldn't possibly be talked about nearly enough to match how insanely perfect they are.
I agree with SGCYM and Murrow (lyrics especially), but The Dance version of Bleed To Love Her is the only one that does anything for me; it's superb. I know it's blasphemous, but the SYW version gets on my tits and annoys me just as bad as When I See You Again. I loathe how he filtered his vocals like that and the noodling at the end goes on for far, far too long. And it's so saccharine in presentation that I can feel my teeth decay whenever I'm subjected to it. I also can't listen to it without feeling as if we were cheated out of a new song instead of that dull retread.

Anyways, here's my list:

September Song
Play In the Rain (both parts)
Doing What I Can
Loving Cup
Surrender the Rain
Time Bomb Town
Save Me A Place
The Ledge
Oh Diane (!!!)

Old 03-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Just as I can't go without getting in a Stevie dig, you can't go without getting in a SMAP dig.
Yeah, my "SMAP" digs are considerably less frequent than your Stevie digs, but I gotta pull one out every now and then for fun!

Quote:
I agree with SGCYM and Murrow (lyrics especially), but The Dance version of Bleed To Love Her is the only one that does anything for me; it's superb. I know it's blasphemous, but the SYW version gets on my tits and annoys me just as bad as When I See You Again. I loathe how he filtered his vocals like that and the noodling at the end goes on for far, far too long. And it's so saccharine in presentation that I can feel my teeth decay whenever I'm subjected to it. I also can't listen to it without feeling as if we were cheated out of a new song instead of that dull retread.
I would have thought that nothing could have topped the 'Dance' version, but I've been over the moon for the studio version ever since I first heard it (especially the 'Say You Will' mix).

And I love, love, LOVE the "noodling" over the coda. It's so frickin' gorgeous that I could listen to another three minutes of it.

I do agree with you that it was disappointing that "Bleed" took a spot on the album that could have been filled by a "new" song. I wouldn't have minded seeing it used on the special edition's bonus CD instead.
But I definitely feel the studio version is way too damn good to leave unreleased, so if it had to be on the album for that to happen, then I guess I can't complain.

Quote:
Anyways, here's my list:

September Song
Play In the Rain (both parts)
Doing What I Can
Loving Cup
Surrender the Rain
Time Bomb Town
Save Me A Place
The Ledge
Oh Diane (!!!)
Good list you have there. I almost added "Play In The Rain" to mine, but didn't at the last minute.
Same with "Oh Diane"... which I love, despite the bashing it gets.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Given Thing

Shuffle Riff

Play in the Rain

On The Wrong Side

Miranda

Old 03-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Agreed!

Quote:
...but The Dance version of Bleed To Love Her is the only one that does anything for me; it's superb.

Anyways, here's my list:

Doing What I Can
Loving Cup
Surrender the Rain
Time Bomb Town
Save Me A Place
The Ledge
I agree, the Dance version of BTLH is greatness and I prefer it over the SYW version.

DWIC is my favorite Lindsey solo song at this moment, ask me next week, and it will probably be something else though. LOL Loving Cup is awesome! Surrender the Rain use to be my favorite LB solo song, and I love and adore it. TBT is also a fave, it's so wierd and his vocal...outstanding. SMAP...it grew on me big time and The Ledge....gotta love the wierdness.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Oh, special colours for the retard, yay! I swear that Turn It On doesn't actually sound like I Need You, I was probably high. Under such circumstances I can convince myself that I have perfect pitch when I haven't even opened my mouth. Various factors throughout the album do still remind me of Paul Simon however.
Special color for special people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
This Is The Time

A sonic wonder. Pure Lindsey.
It has a wonderfully unique sound. I love that one as well. Very underrated!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin