The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2005, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone
I read the books along with my mother over a summer spent in the Florida keys, when I was ten. We didn't have tv, and it was too hot to go outside, so I read everything within reach. I actually loved those books so much, I wanted to be a vet, until 6th grade.
We watched the show too.

I can't wait to see Aeon Flux, but I sort of wish it were animated, like the original. They could have used the animation Linklater uses in "Waking Life", and the upcoming P.K. Dick adaptation, " A Scanner Darkly".
I agree with all that. Except it appears you were never put to the torture of the british TV show when you wanted to watch something else. The books were a bit dull for me when I was 10, though, too. I liked Mysteries. And I realized I didn't want to be a vet when I understood that I would then be seeing animals at their worst. Although the ideal of being a vet is tempting. I just wanted to be a rich actress so I could adopt and help all the animals. We do what we can. Lol.
I wish that, too, about the Flux. It's my FAVORITE. I'm glad all the animation ones have come onto DVD now. Even when I was little, I only liked cartoons (no Muppets. I hated Muppets. No live Sesame STreet. I used to watch Sesame Street and just wait for a cartoon. All Buggs Bunny and Scooby Doo)
But I have medium hopes for Aeon. The effects look pretty good, and I've already adjusted my psyche to accept something very independent of the animation.
Also, I don't know if I said this before, but I actually believe you are my real mom, and we were separated at birth... (don't be worried, this has been my fantasy since I was very small .)

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 11-29-2005 at 04:15 AM..
Old 11-29-2005, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I agree with all that. Except it appears you were never put to the torture of the british TV show when you wanted to watch something else. The books were a bit dull for me when I was 10, though, too. I liked Mysteries. And I realized I didn't want to be a vet when I understood that I would then be seeing animals at their worst. Although the ideal of being a vet is tempting. I just wanted to be a rich actress so I could adopt and help all the animals. We do what we can. Lol.
The Summer I read those books, I also read "Suffer the Children"(some grocery store horror), Richi Rich comics, and Toni Morrison's "The Bluest Eye", so it was quite a mix. We just grabbed books for dime apiece from a box in front of the library.
It is possible that I was forced to miss a show I wanted to see because of Masterpeice Theatre, but the only tv conflicts I recall as child were with my father (when he was around) who ruled the tv, and who required total silence and rapt attention. If the adults were watching a boring show, I would have happily excused myself to my room: I spent a lot of time studying the covers of my 6 record albums. I did buy my own tv with birthday money, but then the other tv broke and I was forced to donate mine to the household. Violins please [Sob]

Quote:
But I have medium hopes for Aeon. The effects look pretty good, and I've already adjusted my psyche to accept something very independent of the animation.
The actress is the one from "The Matrix", right? I think she's perfect for the role!
Quote:
Also, I don't know if I said this before, but I actually believe you are my real mom, and we were separated at birth... (don't be worried, this has been my fantasy since I was very small .)
I think you are 10 years younger, so lets see, that would have been the summer I read "All Creatures..." Hmm
I am flattered, but I must warn you, I am not a good provider, I spend time on a fan forum, instead of working - ahem, and I have already squandered your inheritance on my impressive boot (for the foot) collection.