User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking More unreleased Greeny!

Hello folks.

Just saw the track listing of Otis Spann's "The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions" at www.amazon.co.uk and I'm almost sure that cd two features several alternate takes from "The Biggest Thing Since Colossus", plus a totally
(at least for me) unreleased track called "She's Out Of Sight"

So, save your pocket money!

Mario.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Hello folks.

Just saw the track listing of Otis Spann's "The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions" at www.amazon.co.uk and I'm almost sure that cd two features several alternate takes from "The Biggest Thing Since Colossus", plus a totally

So, save your pocket money!

Mario.
I'd like to have that for my 40th birthday next week!
I'm a collector of both FM and Otis Spann's recordings.

GJK
Old 04-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the "heads up" Mario!
This is one of the ones that I have been waiting for in this series - and it looks as if they are going to include a ton of out takes from the session!

Too bad that Vernon doesn't control the other session that Fleetwood Mac cut in New York, the day after the one for "...Colossus" - the "Man Of The World" session! We got a taste on the "Vaudeville Years" compilation, but you know there had to be more!

Oh well...

It took Sony a long time to get this series going after it was announced with such fanfare, but at least there is material coming out. Hopefully by Christmas the updated "Blue Horizon Story" box set will be released

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 04-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Ledgie

Yeah, I've been waiting for this one too, ever since it was hinted upon in the sleeve notes for the Fleetwood Mac Complete Blue Horizon Sessions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBlue
It took Sony a long time to get this series going after it was announced with such fanfare, but at least there is material coming out. Hopefully by Christmas the updated "Blue Horizon Story" box set will be released
This was new to me! Has there been talk about an updated box? What should be included then that wasn't included the first time around? Maybe nobody but Vernon and Sony knows?

What about the Polydor distributed Blue Horizon? That material should be owned by Universal. Has anybody heard anything about reissues from those years? I would love a remastered Mighty Baby Jug of Love...
Old 04-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Ledgie

Here is the cover by the way
Old 05-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Very interesting for Greeny's fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
I'm almost sure that cd two features several alternate takes from "The Biggest Thing Since Colossus", plus a totally
I have these CDs and I'd like to say - they're fantastic !!! There are of course alternate takes (very interesting) previously unrelesed, with false starts or not. But first of all the recordings have been remixed and sounds different (better ? ) than on "The Biggest Thing ... ". There is an interesting note by Mike Vernon. In descriptions are indicated solos played by Peter or by Danny. On the tracks no 1 and 2 on CD1 none of members FM performed. Tracks 3 and 4 are taken from the Chess Session. On "She's Out Of Sight" play Spann, Green, Kirwan (solo), McVie, Leary.
On the whole - I recommend to buy ))

Stay green )
Krzysztof

Last edited by kowk; 05-12-2006 at 03:21 PM..
Old 07-31-2006, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk
I have these CDs and I'd like to say - they're fantastic !!! There are of course alternate takes (very interesting) previously unrelesed, with false starts or not. But first of all the recordings have been remixed and sounds different (better ? ) than on "The Biggest Thing ... ". There is an interesting note by Mike Vernon. In descriptions are indicated solos played by Peter or by Danny. On the tracks no 1 and 2 on CD1 none of members FM performed. Tracks 3 and 4 are taken from the Chess Session. On "She's Out Of Sight" play Spann, Green, Kirwan (solo), McVie, Leary.
On the whole - I recommend to buy ))

Stay green )
Krzysztof

I got the set today. Great value for money! The guitars are a bit too far back in the mix for my taste, but not too bad. And great liner notes, though Vernon could have shed a bit more light on Mac's involvement. I get the feeling that this is one to listen to drunk, for some reason (Otis's alcohol level?), good drinking music...
Old 07-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Ledgie

This set has been out for a few weeks. It is one of those remixed packages where even my addled brain can hear a clear difference. The mix seems right to me because Peter and Danny are accompaning - so no flash solos.