The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just saw it on Google Video. He didn't quite come out and apologize -though I do think he looked pretty broken up about it. But was he upset over his actions...or the fact that his actions will probably ruin his already waning career?

And the audience, again, laughing - Jerry even said, "don't laugh, it's not funny.." and really I couldn't tell why the people where laughing

Should be interesting to see what comes of it..I do think it's good that he says up next is self-exploration of sorts - finding out where this rage came from...
Old 11-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
And the audience, again, laughing - Jerry even said, "don't laugh, it's not funny.." and really I couldn't tell why the people where laughing
I think they were just laughing because it's KRAMER. As soon as he started to speak, they started to laugh.

You know, when someone cuts me off in traffic, I'm known to start name calling. Not necessarily racial slurs, but I'll yell something ****ty at them. Fat, old, bald, smoker, whatever I can come up with(yes, I consider smoking to be as bad as anything I can think of ).
I think this slur just came out of his mouth before he could hit the stop button. I know I grew up hearing a few older relatives saying the word, as I'm sure many people did. How could it not still be in your subconscious mind?
He made a VERY non-PC mistake. Obviously. And I'm sure he's sorry.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think they were just laughing because it's KRAMER. As soon as he started to speak, they started to laugh.

You know, when someone cuts me off in traffic, I'm known to start name calling. Not necessarily racial slurs, but I'll yell something ****ty at them. Fat, old, bald, smoker, whatever I can come up with(yes, I consider smoking to be as bad as anything I can think of ).
I think this slur just came out of his mouth before he could hit the stop button. I know I grew up hearing a few older relatives saying the word, as I'm sure many people did. How could it not still be in your subconscious mind?
He made a VERY non-PC mistake. Obviously. And I'm sure he's sorry.
Spewing racists slurs and talking about lynching is a lot more serious than making a "mistake" and it has nothing to do with political correctness.

I think if this was just a case of something accidently slipping out that he didn't mean, then he would have stopped himself immediately. Instead, he went on a racist rant.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
. . . makes me wonder who else out there is the same way. Scary, very scary.
I know very few if any people who do not think it when provoked. They may never admit it or say it. But, somewhere, they think it. I do, however, know many a person who will swear up and down the thought never crosses their minds. I just am too cynical to believe that because I notice mahy of these same people do not hang out in Harlem and the like, they cross the road at night to avoid a group of black guys, all their friends are white, they live in white neighborhoods, etc.

In the end, I think there is white and black trash, mean people, and so on. Sadly, black trash seemingly equates to the N word. I also think if the rappers can use the word, anyone can. But, I am not dumb enough to say it in public because it will taken the wrong way - and, in the end, how could it not be from a white guy who ain't PC at all

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 11-21-2006 at 02:49 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
Spewing racists slurs and talking about lynching is a lot more serious than making a "mistake" and it has nothing to do with political correctness.

I think if this was just a case of something accidently slipping out that he didn't mean, then he would have stopped himself immediately. Instead, he went on a racist rant.
And I'll bet that he was serious about the lynching, trying to incite the white folks in the audience and all.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And I'll bet that he was serious about the lynching, trying to incite the white folks in the audience and all.
I actually think from watching the clip, he may at the very beginning have been trying to be funny in the way that when your loaded you think you are being funny but then realize what you just said and it was not funny at all. but, he kept on at it, which was a mistake. Hopefully, he'll learn from it.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
In the end, I think there is white and black trash, mean people, and so on. Sadly, black trash seemingly equates to the N word. I also think if the rappers can use the word, anyone can. But, I am not dumb enough to say it in public because it will taken the wrong way - and, in the end, how could it not be from a white guy who ain't PC at all
ITA.

it's kind of like the girl that called me a "faggot" to my face at the Berkeley show because I kept asking her to sit down or move so I could see. I mean, you don't just say that.

and she wonders how that gum got stuck in her hair!?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
ITA.

it's kind of like the girl that called me a "faggot" to my face at the Berkeley show because I kept asking her to sit down or move so I could see. I mean, you don't just say that.

What a C You Next Tuesday

I mean you being gay has nothing to do with your need to see the concert you paid to see. Yet, you being gay is an automatic low blow and covers all areas

Old 11-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Apparently there is a pattern of behavior like this with him, it just hasn't been publicized like this incident has. I was reading on one of the gossip sites that he has tendency to treat people he works with like crap and that he has these "outburts."
Old 11-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
ITA.

sorry to hear that....it takes alot of strength to deal with that ****.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think his career will be doomed by this. Differently from Mel Gibson's case here there's a video that would permanently link him with violent reality to this accident. Besides, for once I agree with Al Sharpton, the 'White man" comment shows that it wasn't just an outburst, but that what he said belongs to his personality.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI