User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Für Elise View Post
I'm curious about this double standard where gay people can say that heterosexual sex is gross to them but a straight man will be hung from the highest tree if he said that the idea of two men having sex or the idea of having sex with a man is gross to them. This guy did much more by saying he hates them and doesn't want to be around them but even if he just said that gay sex is gross to him he'd still be in trouble.
He wouldn't be with in trouble with me for saying it was gross. And it wouldn't be the same thing at all. He went completely overboard and showed how wound up he is by the very idea. Completely different deal.

Some people may have something of a double standad. I don't.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
He wouldn't be with in trouble with me for saying it was gross. And it wouldn't be the same thing at all. He went completely overboard and showed how wound up he is by the very idea. Completely different deal.

Some people may have something of a double standad. I don't.
yeah, I wasn't speaking so much about him, what he said was different, as I mentioned. I just noticed that there's a lot of homosexuals on this board and get the feeling that if I said that the idea of gay sex seems really gross that I'd be crucified.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Für Elise View Post
yeah, I wasn't speaking so much about him, what he said was different, as I mentioned. I just noticed that there's a lot of homosexuals on this board and get the feeling that if I said that the idea of gay sex seems really gross that I'd be crucified.

Well, if it's really gross for you or anyone to imagine, then that would be a good reason to avoid engaging in the activity.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
cock and ass
Nothin wrong with that!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
it's the same reason paula can't stop talking about how repulsive sex with goats is.
You leave Stevie out of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
and how much she wants your whorish mom!
Wow, Mike, it's way out of line for you to talk that way - I don't want Carrie's mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
The idea of having sex with a woman is gross to me. But women hit on me lots, and I am flattered. I know they're not gonna rape me. I know I can say no. I'm not afraid to be in a room alone with one. This guy is all kinds of fukced up. What would people think of me if everytime someone mentioned het sex on the ledge I freaked and said how sick and disgusting it was? Or that I hated straight people?

How can you be so sure?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
How can you be so sure?
you bitch. i kept my hands off you and theresa.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post

Wow, Mike, it's way out of line for you to talk that way - I don't want Carrie's mom.

sorry P, I call 'em like I see 'em! (you know I love you)

Ryan is right, I bet Hardaway takes the Mel Gibson way out. He'll be in and out of rehab before St. Patrick's Day.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
sorry P, I call 'em like I see 'em! (you know I love you)

Ryan is right, I bet Hardaway takes the Mel Gibson way out. He'll be in and out of rehab before St. Patrick's Day.
just in time to get drunk on green beer & get it on in a gay bathhouse.

also, paula totally wants my mom. i know it.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
just in time to get drunk on green beer & get it on in a gay bathhouse.
don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

I googled Hardaway, and found this article from eurosport.com:

Quote:
The NBA have removed Tim Hardaway from all league related appearances, after the five-time All-Star made derogatory comments about gays.

The former Miami Heat guard, had been part of the NBA's festivities ahead of Sunday's All-Star game in Las Vegas, but an interview he conducted with a Miami radio station has caused outrage in America.

Hardaway was asked how he would react to having a gay team-mate, in response to the recent news that former NBA centre John Amaechi has come out as being gay.

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people," was Hardaway's response.

"I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

"First of all, I wouldn't want [a gay man] on my team, and second of all, if he was on my team, I would really distance myself from him because I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room.

"If you have 12 other ballplayers in your locker room who are upset and can't concentrate and are always worried about him in the locker room or on the court or whatever, it's going to be hard for your team-mates to win and accept him as a team-mate."

After the tirade, NBA commissioner David Stern confirmed that they would no longer be using Hardaway to promote the game on-behalf of the Association.

“It is inappropriate for him to be representing us given the disparity between his views and ours," Stern said in a statement to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Hardaway has since apologised for his comments.

“I regret it, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said I hate gay people or anything like that, that was my mistake," he told a local TV station in Miami.

Meanwhile, Amaechi, whose coming out led to Hardaway being quizzed on the issue, says the comments may actually lead to a more educated debate on the subject.

“Finally, someone who is honest”, he said.

“It is ridiculous, absurd, petty, bigoted, and shows a lack of empathy that is gargantuan and unfathomable, but it is honest, and it illustrates the problem better than any of the fuzzy language other people have used so far.”

Eurosport - Sean Fay - 15/02/2007 12:59
Old 02-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
Wonder how long until this dude acknowledges he has a drinking problem and is seeking counseling.
Haha! That's what I was thinking... how long before he checks in to rehab? It's a great way to hide from the media for a few weeks!