User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
The thing I was thinking is that, if they had really wanted kids, they probably could have had them. It's not like they had any shortage of money or anything. Regular ladies quit there jobs, or work less, to take care of children - and famous people have children and hire extra people to take care of them so they can come with them during their careers. You know, the kids are there while they are working, with babysitters/nannys/etc.
So I can only imagine that children weren't as important to them. Not everyone likes children that much. Also, I think that is part of why Lori had a kid with Stevie's brother. I have the feeling that was more of an "arrangement" then a love affair. This is based on a few things I've heard, and my surmising, I'm not calling it a fact.
Remember though, that the '70's wasn't the era of the 'superwoman', i.e. have a full blown successful career, while being a wife, mother, caretaker, etc and look uber-hot while doing it. Women who are career driven while being supermom is the norm now but it wasn't then. I can't help but wonder if Stevie has looked over at Sheryl Crow and thought "well f*ck, why didn't I think of that?!"

And that's interesting about Lori and Chris, I'd never heard that. Do you really think that there was an arrangement?

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Remember though, that the '70's wasn't the era of the 'superwoman', i.e. have a full blown successful career, while being a wife, mother, caretaker, etc and look uber-hot while doing it. Women who are career driven while being supermom is the norm now but it wasn't then. I can't help but wonder if Stevie has looked over at Sheryl Crow and thought "well f*ck, why didn't I think of that?!"

And that's interesting about Lori and Chris, I'd never heard that. Do you really think that there was an arrangement?
I do think there was an arrangement, of sorts. I've heard a few things.

You are right about the 70's chicks. But then there was the 80's. And even in the 70's famous chicks had kids. Even before, long time ago. That's why we have those books like "Mommie Dearest" and stuff. But seriously, I think the ladies could have worked it out if they had wanted to. It is very prevalent today, famous women having the babies, but it's not like there were no examples before, and not like our girls couldn't have thought of a way. There have always been nannies and stuff. Tina Turner and Diana Ross have bunches of kids, don't they?
I think part of Stevie's thing is that she quit drugs pretty late, almost in her 40's. Then she was on different drugs. lol. I dunno, I'm not saying they don't have regrets about it, but I'm not sure they are crushing, all consuming regrets. I'm mostly speaking for Stevie, I've never heard of Chris's opinion. Although, she was way less busy than Stevie, so if she wanted a child, I think she would have had one. Especially since she hates touring and stuff. I kinda think Chris would mostly do whatever she wanted.
You know, I'm sure they both felt they had a lot of other important things to do. Not putting thoughts in their brain, but if I had to choose kids or dancing across the stages of the world...that would be a short decision. I don't even dance across the stages of the world and I don't have kids.
Howevah, I wish they had had kids, cause I love them both, and would want some kind of genetic legacy...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
I think part of Stevie's thing is that she quit drugs pretty late, almost in her 40's. Then she was on different drugs. lol. I dunno, I'm not saying they don't have regrets about it, but I'm not sure they are crushing, all consuming regrets. I'm mostly speaking for Stevie, I've never heard of Chris's opinion. Although, she was way less busy than Stevie, so if she wanted a child, I think she would have had one. Especially since she hates touring and stuff. I kinda think Chris would mostly do whatever she wanted.
You have a point there about Stevie - by the time she was done with Klonopin in the '90's I think she kind of looked around and wondered where the time went. I really do believe, based on all her interviews, that it was her hearts desire to have a mini-Stevie but time ran out before she knew it. I really do think that's a big regret of hers. God, can you imagine what a child of hers would look like? *sigh*

I can't really comment on Chris as I haven't read or heard anything from her in regards to whether she wanted to breed or not.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I can't really comment on Chris as I haven't read or heard anything from her in regards to whether she wanted to breed or not.
I remember reading once, years ago, that Christine celebrated her divorce from John, and her "newfound sexual freedom," by having her tubes tied.

I don't recall having ever read that anywhere else, so who knows if it's true. Definitely take it with a grain of salt.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I remember reading once, years ago, that Christine celebrated her divorce from John, and her "newfound sexual freedom," by having her tubes tied.
Hahaha - that's awesome. I may have to use that line some day.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't recall having ever read that anywhere else, so who knows if it's true. Definitely take it with a grain of salt.
I'm not sure she actually "celebrated" the divorce in that way. If I remember correctly she had the sterialisation done about the time of her relationship with Dennis Wilson.

she was quoted in one of her ITM interviews saying something like "there was a time about 20 odd years ago when it would have been nice to have children" Please don't take that as gospel because I'm only going on my memory which is sketchy.

Gail
Old 05-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I'm not sure she actually "celebrated" the divorce in that way. If I remember correctly she had the sterialisation done about the time of her relationship with Dennis Wilson.
The author seemed to have a rather cynical view of '70s rock bands and all of their antics, so the idea of Christine "celebrating" her divorce and her "newfound sexual freedom" in that way, was most likely how he viewed the situation.

Both comments, by the way, were quotes of his -- not Christine's. Just want to clear that up.
If it happened later though, it seems like he didn't even have his facts straight!

I really wish I could remember the name of the book. I borrowed it a few times from the high school library, allllllllll those years ago, when I was still in school.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I read that too, I think it was somewhere in the late seventies. I thought it was hilarious

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Stevie

Based on past info from the press about 15-20 years ago, Stevie was trying to have a baby. She was unable to either conceive or maintain the pregnancy. I really am not sure. I won’t even get into the reason as to why she couldn’t but I don’t think that it had anything to do with drugs.
I find in ironic how Stevie seemed to want to have a baby and here is Lindsey who never wanted one and now he has three. Life isn’t always fair and I do think that Stevie somehow might feel that way when she sees Lindsey and his kids.
I heard in the news a few days ago that a woman in her 60s gave birth so I guess that if Stevie really wanted to she could still find a way.
Celebs today also seem to tout around the tots like they are an accessory. It is almost chic to have a baby. Back in the 70/80s that was not the case. To add more insult to injury in Stevie’s case, Jimmy Iovine’s wife Vicki is a famous author who writes books about pregnancy and babies. Vicki was the host of a Mom’s Tea Party recently that included guests like Gwen Stefani and Nelly Furtado. The 4 page photo spread can be found in May’s InStyle magazine pages 302-305. If Stevie did have a kid she would have gotten a lot of press.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nobody scanned this in yet?