Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default New Website?

So I was thinking, with all of this exciting new info that we are hearing about the Mac, wouldn't it be great if they had a website we could go to for info? Or course I am being sarcastic, but for heavens sake. That last excuse for a site was ridiculous. I don't know why the Ledge isn't their official site anyway, except that poor Michele might just have a stroke. So anyway, what do you think our chances are of getting something new?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they'll pull something together, if for no other reason than to sell merchandise and VIP ticket packages and let us know about the tour dates. I mean, it probably won't be any better than the last one, but it should be just as good as the last.

Michele
Old 07-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Ledgie

Lightbulb Nevah Happen....IMO of course ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumour0323 View Post
So I was thinking, with all of this exciting new info that we are hearing about the Mac, wouldn't it be great if they had a website we could go to for info? Or course I am being sarcastic, but for heavens sake. That last excuse for a site was ridiculous. I don't know why the Ledge isn't their official site anyway, except that poor Michele might just have a stroke. So anyway, what do you think our chances are of getting something new?
Slim...to none....This is a "band" with 5 separate managers...The band members themselves are not "web-centric" (with the possible exception of John McVie).

Gawd love 'em all, but I think they're all still living in a 20th century dream paradigm....of "album releases" and "radio airplay" etc......as if all that still even exists, or means anything .

IMO only, of course...;-)

missus(Bob Welch)
Old 07-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think they'll pull something together, if for no other reason than to sell merchandise and VIP ticket packages and let us know about the tour dates. I mean, it probably won't be any better than the last one, but it should be just as good as the last.

Michele
I will jump in and apologize here. I am quick to be sarcastic, but I don't want to be disrespectful, if anyone here had anything to do with the last site, I apologize. It's just that for such a great band, I was hoping for so much more. Especially since this may be the last hurrah and go on for several years. I do hope they do the packages again, and I loved Cory's tour diaries, as I said before I just think there could be so much more, with news, and updates, and so on!

I think the Lindsey and Stevie now have the same manager. Howard and Irving merged, didn't they? So maybe I can hold out a little bit of hope that Irving is more of a marketer!!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the Lindsey and Stevie now have the same manager. Howard and Irving merged, didn't they? So maybe I can hold out a little bit of hope that Irving is more of a marketer!!
Yeah, they do say that about Irving. I don't think anyone here had anything to do with the last site, so blast away. Michele
Old 07-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac as a band I believe was managed by H.K Management, which was Howard Kaufman's, along with Stevie... Then the merger with Frontline in 2005 (Irving) so now I believe everyone is under the same Management Company - Front Line Management... but still could be handled individually by seperate teams within the company ie Stevie = Howard; Lindsey = Irving.

And about the old site... I actually liked it... It had potential, but when you're not that active (the band) what's the point really... We've got The Penguin and others that have been up and running and established for what seems forever - with all the info you could possibly need...

Last edited by MacMan; 07-24-2008 at 02:52 PM..
Old 07-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
What does all that consist of?
Old 07-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
And about the old site... I actually liked it... It had potential, but when you're not that active (the band) what's the point really...
Flashy marketing and that's about it. I do not think any record label site wants nothing more than to promote the new album they've invested in. I think they leave all the nitty-gritty information to the fan sites.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For all the bitching that the music industry does about people pirating music it amazes me that they aren't more in touch with using the web to promote artists. You think about all those extra tracks that Mick Fleetwood dug out for the box set and the CD reissues. Imagine having an official website where fans could purchase remastered mp3's of unreleased songs, good live recordings and any demos the band or individual band members would allow to be released. And not just for FM but for any of the older bands that have a huge catalog of music. Imagine being able to just click a button, pay 99 cents and get a really high quality mp3 of the Big Love 12" mix? Or an instrumental version of Sara?
Old 07-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missus View Post
Slim...to none....This is a "band" with 5 separate managers...The band members themselves are not "web-centric" (with the possible exception of John McVie).

Gawd love 'em all, but I think they're all still living in a 20th century dream paradigm....of "album releases" and "radio airplay" etc......as if all that still even exists, or means anything .

IMO only, of course...;-)

missus(Bob Welch)
I think Lindsey has a pretty decent website and he keeps up with myspace and youtube. It's all done for him but I guess he a say in it.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
For all the bitching that the music industry does about people pirating music it amazes me that they aren't more in touch with using the web to promote artists. You think about all those extra tracks that Mick Fleetwood dug out for the box set and the CD reissues. Imagine having an official website where fans could purchase remastered mp3's of unreleased songs, good live recordings and any demos the band or individual band members would allow to be released. And not just for FM but for any of the older bands that have a huge catalog of music. Imagine being able to just click a button, pay 99 cents and get a really high quality mp3 of the Big Love 12" mix? Or an instrumental version of Sara?
Amen. The stuff is out there and fans are getting it. If it was offered through official channels, I think most fans would be loyal enough to support it.