User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Fleetwood Mac Fillmore July '68 Torrent

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=213133

After my last early fleetwood mac show was such a hit,i decided it was time to go to the deepest part of the vaults for this very very rare early recording of the original 4 pc band.the interesting thing about these sets are the fact that they were almost forgotten since the shows are not documented on the bill graham database.the story goes that mac were staying in the bay area and were doing shows up and down the west coast including some dates at the carousel ballroom of which excellent sb's exist.apparently,at these fillmore shows,the band 'the truth' cancelled out and graham asked mac to fill in so these became the first shows he did with them.what we have here are 2 recordings from 2 different nights.due to the quality,i was always hesitant about uploading these but i think the historical nature outweighs the sound.i also did art for this set which is included in the files.setlists and all the backround on this is in the info file.

enjoy,
dave

always more to come...

FLEETWOOD MAC
FILLMORE AUDITORIUM,
SAN FRANCISCO,CA.,USA

LAST SHOWS AT THE FILLMORE AUDITORIUM
BEFORE BILL GRAHAM MOVES THE OPERATION
TO THE FILLMORE WEST FORMERLY KNOWN AS
THE CAROUSEL BALLROOM

FLEETWOOD MAC WERE A LATE SUBSTITUTE FOR
THE BAND THE TRUTH ON A BILL WITH THE
BUTTERFIELD BLUES BAND, TEN YEARS AFTER
AND THE HOLY SEE SO THEY ARE NOT
INCLUDED ON THE POSTER

CD1

JULY 6,1968

1-STANDING AT THE CROSSROADS ( FADES IN )
2-STORMY MONDAY
3-MY BABY'S GONE
4-MY BABY'S SKINNY
5-CROSSROAD BLUES
6-STRANGER BLUES ( END CUTS )
7-GOIN DOWN SLOW ( CUTS IN )
8-LAZY POKER BLUES
9-2ND SET INTRO/TALK/TUNING
10-TUTTI FRUTTI
11-MADISON BLUES
12-YOU CAN'T KEEP ME
13-TALK/TUNING
14-MY BABY'S SWEET
15-I BELIEVE ( CUTS IN )

CD2

JULY 6,1968 ( CON'T.)

1-HAVE YOU EVER LOVED A WOMAN
2-SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER ( CUTS IN )
3-KEEP A KNOCKIN'

JULY 5 OR 7,1968

4-SOMETHING INSIDE OF ME
5-MY BABY'S SKINNY
6-WORRIED DREAM
7-GOT TO MOVE
8-TRYING SO HARD
9-LAZY POKER BLUES
10-WILLIE AND THE HAND JIVE
11-READY TEDDY ( FADES OUT )

AUD MASTER > 2ND GEN REEL >
M-AUDIO TRANSIT > COOL EDIT >
CD WAVE EDITOR > FLAC
Old 09-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm...we'll have to check and see if this is anything new.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Very interesting indeed…the recordings from the first American tour are almost impossible to accurately locate in terms of venues and dates – if the story attached to these recordings is accurate, and I am leaning towards the idea that it is, as it would explain Green's comments from another recording from the period –
On the recordings with Paul Butterfield sitting in, which I have seen posted and traded under June 06, 07, & 08 (Wolfgang’s Vault has the first set from that show, without Butterfield, listed as June 08, 1968), Green says that they will be returning “here” in two weeks, and clarifies by adding that they will be returning to the Fillmore –
If we take “here” to mean San Francisco the only “known” dates that the statement works with would be the their second stand at the Carousel, June 20, 22, 23, in support of Big Brother and the Holding Company.

The only “new” track I see here is “Keep-A-Knocking”

If the July 5 or 7, 1968 tracks are the same ones that I have previously traded under those dates, then they are not new at all, and are in fact very poor audience recordings of what is posted on Wolfgang’s Vault as June 08
“Willie and the Hand Jive” and the snippet of “Ready Teddy” are from the “second set” of the same show, the one that had Butterfield sitting in. It is difficult to tell in one listening as the sound quality is very rough and the running times differ from the better known recordings due to the way the numbers have been edited –

Please understand that I offer these comments as opinions, in the hopes of cleaning up the available information concerning the available Green era recordings - if others disagree, please post your reasons, a more through discussion will hopefully get us closer to setting the record straight.

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 06-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default film of concert

With respect to those that know something of the time era the staff on fillmore have written there were forty or so rolls of film taken of this period of concerts does anyone know what exists and is there film of butterfield and fleetwood mac I have recently found outtakes and other footage in film vaults similar
thanks wil