Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question "From The Happy Club Group"

I saw this thread over on Micks' website and just thought to myself it sounded rather odd for a thread, IMHO it almost sounds like he's "tooting his own horn" now, Go check it out:

"We're going to start posting samples of letters from some of the satisfied group here. To avoid "slamming" we're locking the thread (feel free to comment elsewhere on the board) and removing names.

Actual seats removed for writer's privacy.

The Knight!"

http://www.mickfleetwood.com/cgi-bin...115463;start=4

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 03-19-2003 at 06:35 PM..
Old 03-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read that..what a crock...how convienent..remove names...that is a dead giveaway that they are fabricating these accounts of getting good seats...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 03-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is clearly propaganda as Sabre Mark is probably under investigation as we speak by a number of agencies.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 03-19-2003 at 08:38 PM..
Old 03-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Hmmm...

is it just me or is this guy "Saddam-like" in his propaganda? Gee, I wonder when "the bomb" will fall on his head?

I know I won't be around "over there" anymore, I deleted my account...And without ANY regrets, Brian J.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Also...

Like someone said there, it doesn't proove anything as for all we know he could have been spending the last few days typing those up himself and putting them there and it doesn't "make the bad results go away" by posting "those".

Also, it's kind of interesting how "these people" say they "got their tickets" and "had password problems" and admit that the "club is steep" and this other stuff BUT, NONE of them SPECIFICALLY say that they got their tickets THROUGH the fan club. Also, how can they say they have "thousandS" of these letters when they said they only had 600 of these supossedly "good" seats? It's not even a SINGLE "thousand", let alone plural and this is assuming that EVERY ONE of those 600 seats went to "above board" people who ALL felt the need to write in and praise the fan club! Hmm...

I see they locked this thread so you can't reply to it. That's becoming more common there by all accounts huh? Heaven foirbid these posts he worked so hard on would "have to" get deleted along with "negative thoughts" they know the others would post in the same thread.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 03-20-2003 at 06:14 AM..
Old 03-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From Mick's Board on the thread for Happy Club Members:

Not as much luck in Philadelphia, even though I went on as soon as it opened at 12 noon est, I ended up in 112, Row 5, seats X & Y. It definately bummed me out, I was really hoping for floor seats being that I have High speed access and that I literally purchased my seats at 12:01 pm est, but I'm guessing Philly didn't hold the floor seats for the fans

I found it interesting that this person didn't have any luck in Philly for the presale. I had an invalid password for the presale for Philly and then got tickets that were several sections closer than this person during the general public sale. So much for the general public tickets being available for the presale. Just another example of the BS, IMO.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 03-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can't read the name for that thread without thinking of the old Saturday Night Live spoof commercial...
"It's happy! It's fun! It's Happy Fun Ball!"
Then they give, like, 5 minutes of disclaimers about how it can cause your skin to fall off or whatever. lol Is "Happy Fan Club" going to be less of a joke?

Old 03-20-2003, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Makes me want to puke....
Old 03-20-2003, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Are they giving out free T-Shirts??

We were very happy with our seats and most importantly the ability to purchase the seats before they were offered to the public. Keep up the good work. Feel free to send a shirt any time.

Matt
Old 03-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Wonder what it'll be like in terms of fanclub presales if... (I'm not naive enough to think 'when') they tour the UK?

I'd bet they'd play Wembley Arena and the NEC or NIA, rather than stadia, this time.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I am doubtful that they will come to the UK and even if they did I am doubly doubtful that the fan club would organise a pre-sale over here. MInd you that might not be a bad thing as they can't seem to organise a piss up in a brewery

I agree with you about possible venues.... The Eagles played the NIA a couple of years ago so I'm pretty sure Fleetwood Mac would. I wonder what the tickets would cost - It was around £45 for 3 hours of the Eagles

Pip
Old 03-20-2003, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I too am wondering about "Matt's" comment about "send a shirt anytime". Seems as if Knight is giving stuff to ppl who will talk to him and in turn they will post something positive. If anyone reads these boards who cares, the whole thing there is a lie. Anyone with a dissenting view is kicked off the board, and banned. He can't keep us off, we can get back by other means, but, for what? I mean, it is so stupid over there now. I think that he is a fool. How is someone gonna take a job and proceed to declare war with his employers fans, cause that is what he has done. I have nothing but disdain for Jonathan Todd and what he has done to myself and my friends, but, he has only won the battle.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
is it just me or is this guy "Saddam-like" in his propaganda?
Yes, he does seem George-like!
Old 03-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hey guys... lets not do george jokes... at least not here... i'm sorry... but it's just sort of a touchy subject.. especially now... i mean, we're all entitled to our opinions... and that's what i love about our country... but really... please?
Old 03-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Ok...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica Leigh
hey guys... lets not do george jokes... at least not here... i'm sorry... but it's just sort of a touchy subject.. especially now... i mean, we're all entitled to our opinions... and that's what i love about our country... but really... please?
I won't make a joke again, Just couldnt resist a lil' Dana Carvey comedy...I wasnt trying to be disrespectful to President Bush (Sr.), So I have removed my previous post with the Dana Carvey joke...My apologies to anyone I may have offended!!!! Brian J.

Last edited by estranged4life; 03-20-2003 at 09:59 PM..