User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It's very kind of you to help the less fortunate. But what else would you do. I pray for the people who have loss, and for all of you.

The photos provided in your link are so catastropic. So devastating. I'm posting a before and after shot from another site that really affected me.

This made me cry, along with a lot of the pictures I looked at as well, especially the ones where the houses/building are completely submerged. So sorry the people there are going through this, it's devastating.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Floods In Australia

I am sorry and sad about this horrible flooding and destruction that has happened in Australia.DoubtfulMiracle thats great and caring that your helping with the cleanup.There is at least one other Fleetwood Mac fan which I think is registered on the Penguin Ledge to.That lives in that area of Queensland which has had the most damage.Her name is Kathie and is a Stevie and Mac fan for many years.I have talked to her through the internet and got to know her the past several years. She has a Facebook page to.She was posting updates to all her friends Facebook.That the water was getting closer and that it was time to leave her house and evacuate.This was a few days ago.We are all hoping and praying that she is ok with her husband and family.I am sure she at some place where alot of the people effected are being housed at.I am keeping my friend Kathie and everyone there effected by this catastropic flooding in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now the floods have gone south into my state.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
I am sorry and sad about this horrible flooding and destruction that has happened in Australia.DoubtfulMiracle thats great and caring that your helping with the cleanup.There is at least one other Fleetwood Mac fan which I think is registered on the Penguin Ledge to.That lives in that area of Queensland which has had the most damage.Her name is Kathie and is a Stevie and Mac fan for many years.I have talked to her through the internet and got to know her the past several years. She has a Facebook page to.She was posting updates to all her friends Facebook.That the water was getting closer and that it was time to leave her house and evacuate.This was a few days ago.We are all hoping and praying that she is ok with her husband and family.I am sure she at some place where alot of the people effected are being housed at.I am keeping my friend Kathie and everyone there effected by this catastropic flooding in my thoughts and prayers.
If your friend is in Brisbane or Ipswich, I would guess that she has probably been silent for a few days due to being without electricity, as many homes in the most badly affected suburbs are. To my knowledge, there have been no reports in the media of missing people from the Brisbane area, and only one death (of a young man). Brisbane was lucky in the sense of having a bit more warning - not enough for many to rescue their possessions, but enough to keep themselves safe. My fingers are crossed for your friend and her family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox
It's very kind of you to help the less fortunate. But what else would you do.
Too true. I felt completely helpless sitting around home watching it all happen, so jumped at the opportunity to help as soon as I could. That feeling seems to be overwhelming around the place, and seems only a natural response of decent human beings. We actually got stuck at the volunteeer registration centre for a couple of hours on Sunday because the buses were having difficulty getting in and out of the affected areas (traffic, road closures etc). When they finally announced that they'd identified places to send us, a lot of people cheered and clapped - I've never seen people so ecstatic about the thought of digging in mud!

Would you believe though that there have been some sightseers hampering clean up efforts, driving into the worst hit areas to have a look around without actually stopping to lift a finger to help? I don't know how anyone could do that Luckily they're a minority.