Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That'd be a first.
I didn't think Stevie even LISTENED to Lindsey's solo stuff--much less would like it.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I didn't think Stevie even LISTENED to Lindsey's solo stuff--much less would like it.
The idea of Stevie saying that about Lindsey's album really blows my mind. But really, think of the lyrics to most of the UTS songs. I think Stevie really would like most of those.

Anyway, Dave saying Stevie said that (true or not) really makes me think back to her saying she didn't see much of Lindsey during his go-insaney period. She really made me laugh.

Michele
Old 12-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The idea of Stevie saying that about Lindsey's album really blows my mind. But really, think of the lyrics to most of the UTS songs. I think Stevie really would like most of those.

Anyway, Dave saying Stevie said that (true or not) really makes me think back to her saying she didn't see much of Lindsey during his go-insaney period. She really made me laugh.

Michele
I'm still amazed that the band really didn't push for "Twist of Fate" during the SYW sessions. I think it would have been the strongest track on the album.

I think Stevie really would have been moved by "Under the Skin" and "Shut us Down" in particular. I have no doubt in my mind that those two tracks are about her. After seeing them performed live 6+ times, they continue to move me.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh that sounds funny! When did she say that and is the interview available to read/watch?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I'm still amazed that the band really didn't push for "Twist of Fate" during the SYW sessions.
Ahh pisshh, how could they when not even Lindsey has ever heard of it.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm still amazed that the band really didn't push for "Twist of Fate" during the SYW sessions. I think it would have been the strongest track on the album.

I think Stevie really would have been moved by "Under the Skin" and "Shut us Down" in particular. I have no doubt in my mind that those two tracks are about her. After seeing them performed live 6+ times, they continue to move me.
That's what Lindsey should title his new solo album.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Eh... she's only had thirty years to get over the hurt of Lindsey leaving her signed copy of Bella Donna on the studio floor unopened.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think she'd enjoy 'Cast Away Dreams', as well.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I think she'd enjoy 'Cast Away Dreams', as well.
Yes, she'd recognize herself in the words "God Save the Queen" and in the whole "Show You How" song as well. Very little on that album that wouldn't create an echo within for her. And I don't think all of his songs are about her. Just that particular album.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 12-11-2010 at 01:23 PM..
Old 12-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Oh that sounds funny! When did she say that and is the interview available to read/watch?
Oh, it was Rolling Stone October 1997.

The actual quote is not go-insaney as I thought. She said,

"I spent very little time around Lindsey in the 1980s and his insane kind of going-insane thing."

Michele
Old 12-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Eh... she's only had thirty years to get over the hurt of Lindsey leaving her signed copy of Bella Donna on the studio floor unopened.
Yeah, but even if he'd made out with Bella Donna, his music probably doesn't do that much for her (even though she says she practiced ballet to his instrumentals). Funny thing is, when Stevie says she looked at Lindsey to see if he picked the album up, I don't think she just glanced at him for a status update every now and then. I think she meant she stared focused and unblinking at him for 12 hours on end, with a glare on her face. That's how I imagine it in my mind.

I took Lindsey in a copy of the record right when it was fresh off the press and signed it and said a lot of really wonderful things to him. I set it up on the console and and he moved it and put it down on the floor kind of leaning against the step in the studio room. And I watched him, all day long. I watched him, from three in the afternoon until, like, three the next morning and he walked right out of the room without the record and I never forgave him for that."

Michele
Old 12-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That'd be a first.
I remember Stevie saying she liked "Trouble."
Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I found the tweets, Dave didn't actually say she "liked" it, but that she says it's "really good"...
Attached Images
File Type: png DS Twitter 12.5.png (35.8 KB, 31 views)
Old 12-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I found the tweets, Dave didn't actually say she "liked" it, but that she says it's "really good"...
"It's really good, for him."

Michele
Old 12-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"It's really good, for him."

Michele