Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Uh...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
it seems us "independents" are always getting left out, Even during the holidays!!!

Brian j.

Old 12-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
it seems us "independents" are always getting left out, Even during the holidays!!!

Brian j.
Happy Holidays to the Independents!
Old 12-23-2003, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Brian j.
Oops thought I was covering everyone by not using the terms, Republican or Democrat!

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 12-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Brian j.
Something about that term. Does that make everyone else "dependents"?
Happy holidays.

- Jake
Old 12-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Maybe Santa remembered you after all Brian.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/...der/index.html

Green Party: Nader mulling independent run
Old 12-23-2003, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Great interview with John Kerry:

http://truthout.org/docs_03/122203A.shtml

"WRP: Senator Bill Nelson revealed last week that he and some 75 other Senators had been given an intelligence briefing by a Bush administration official just before the Iraq war vote, during the time frame of those quotes I just read. In that briefing, they were told that Iraq had not only chemical and biological weapons, but had the technical capability to strike American cities on the East Coast with unmanned drones filled with these poisons. Nelson refused to divulge who gave the briefing. I want to take you back to this time, to September and early October of 2002. What were you thinking about during this period, in the days and weeks before the Iraq resolution? I know you can’t reveal classified briefings, but were you getting at the time data that persuaded you that a yes vote was the proper course?

JK: Absolutely. More than that. I attended one particular briefing at the Pentagon. The Secretary of Defense was there, as well as the Admiral in charge of all intelligence. They passed photographs around showing us very specific locations and places where, they said, their intelligence confirmed that weapons of mass destruction were being held. This was in addition to those unmanned drones, which we were told about, and in addition to the 45-minute deployment capacity, which we were told about."

Click the link for the entire interview.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is total b.s.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Dec22.html

Under Bush, Expanding Secrecy
Old 12-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
JK: Absolutely. More than that. I attended one particular briefing at the Pentagon. The Secretary of Defense was there, as well as the Admiral in charge of all intelligence. They passed photographs around showing us very specific locations and places where, they said, their intelligence confirmed that weapons of mass destruction were being held. This was in addition to those unmanned drones, which we were told about, and in addition to the 45-minute deployment capacity, which we were told about."

I can't believe this. They actually showed pictures that showed where the WMDs supposedly were? They were obviously fakes. But I'm sure the Bush admin. claims they were all moved from those locations right before we attacked them. Unbelievable. When will America wake up?

Old 12-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is total b.s.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Dec22.html

Under Bush, Expanding Secrecy
Of course they want everything sealed off; they don't their misdeeds exposed. After all, it could cost them the election.

Bastards.

Old 12-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I can't believe this. They actually showed pictures that showed where the WMDs supposedly were? They were obviously fakes. But I'm sure the Bush admin. claims they were all moved from those locations right before we attacked them. Unbelievable. When will America wake up?
I don't know. Kerry did tell us who was at the briefings though. Rummy's name is coming up an awful lot. If things start looking really bad for Bush, they're going to need a fall guy. Wonder if Rummy's head will be on the block?
Old 12-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know. Kerry did tell us who was at the briefings though. Rummy's name is coming up an awful lot. If things start looking really bad for Bush, they're going to need a fall guy. Wonder if Rummy's head will be on the block?
They're already setting him up. Remember when Condie Rice was appointed to oversee what he should be doing? I think that spoke volumes.

Old 12-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
ITA - esp. the Democrats. The Democrats must win New York, which means they must win the Jewish vote. Therefore, they are never going to piss the Jewish vote off by making Isreal do something positive. Instead, we have these accords and summits which, so far, have been mostly iffeffective in acheiving any lasting peace.
In fact, it's such a political hot potato that they dodge any questions about it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea.../20031222.html

Q Is the President in favor of international inspection of Israel's nuclear arsenal, which is pretty well known?

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't know that I agree with that, the premise of your question. But the United States has a longstanding position of universal adherence to the treaty on the nonproliferation of nuclear weapons. That has been our longstanding position --

Q They never signed it.

MR. McCLELLAN: -- and that is universal adherence. Well, we have urged all states that have not yet adhered to the treaty to do so, and to accept the IAEA safeguards on nuclear activities that would come with it.

Q Are we trying to persuade Israel to sign it, and to be open to inspection?

MR. McCLELLAN: I think that, one, in terms of specifics about the Israeli government, you need to refer those questions to the Israeli government.

Q No, no, I'm asking our position.

MR. McCLELLAN: And I've told you that the long held position of the United States is the universal adherence to the nonproliferation treaty.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
They're already setting him up. Remember when Condie Rice was appointed to oversee what he should be doing? I think that spoke volumes.
The National Security Advisor babysitting the Secretary Of Defense? Her hands aren't clean either.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...When will America wake up?
When the find the weapons of mass destruction...
Old 12-24-2003, 09:17 AM

Quote:

If John Kerry believed this crap, he's too stupid to be president. Why didn't he listen to Scott Ritter, Richard Butler and others who were actually there?

Do we want to elect a guy who is easily duped? This man was in VIETNAM for crying out loud! Didn't he learn anything there?

Hell, even in the days leading up to the Gulf War, it was later exposed, the Bush I administration used fake satellite photos "showing" that Iraqi forces were amassing right outside Saudi Arabia, ready to pounce.