The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: AI: Will Mac Theme Night Happen?
Yes 5 12.50%
No 35 87.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
I'm so disappointed with the results. I thought it was obvious that Crystal was the more talented finalist, but then again so was Adam Lambert.
This is why people don't watch AI anymore. It is very disheartening to see the best person lose 2 years in a row!!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tim and Siobhan would have been the best top two. Oh well, I'm glad Lee won because now I will never watch the show again--and the world will be spared my dramatics.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with this writer:

A panel featuring Randy Jackson, Ellen DeGeneres, and Kara DioGuardi cannot possibly succeed, and no matter who they line up for Simon's chair, the whole thing does feel a little ... over.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2...ll-season#more
Old 05-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Well, I was more taken with the professional musical entertainment than I was with the outcome. It's more a popularity contest than a talent contest. I'm not going to bash Lee; he seems like a nice guy just like Chris Allen. AI is what you make it. You can take it & go with it or just disappear. Personally I liked Crystal better, but it's a win-win situation for both of them & they know it.

I know some people weren't too happy with the artists on there, but having grown up in the 70s, I loved seeing Michael McDonald, Hall & Oates, & even Bret Michaels. I even liked Christina G. & Janet.

I'm thinking though that this may have been the swan song for AI. It's just not going to be the same without Simon, no matter who they get to replace him.

Lee
Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
I agree with this writer:

A panel featuring Randy Jackson, Ellen DeGeneres, and Kara DioGuardi cannot possibly succeed, and no matter who they line up for Simon's chair, the whole thing does feel a little ... over.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2...ll-season#more
Agreed. I've never been a big fan of the show, but I have to admit that the Randy-Paula-Simon lineup worked incredibly well. There was definitely a chemistry there, which was undeniably apparent during last night's flashback montage, and painfully lacking in the present day. Who knew that the linchpin of the show was not Simon, but... Paula? Her presence last night was like a big, sloppy bear hug. For the five minutes or so she had the spotlight, it seemed like the world was back on its axis and everything was alright again. For a nanosecond I thought that this horrible season of AI, contestants notwithstanding, could have actually been halfway decent if they had booted Kara and Ellen, and given Paula their salaries. But alas, the geniuses behind AI thought they knew better. It seems that they forgot the one about "don't fix it if it ain't broke."

Was Ricky Gervais really on there to pay respect to Simon... or was it an omen of things to come? For some reason I think casting Ricky Gervais as a judge would be quite brilliant IMHO.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Well, I was more taken with the professional musical entertainment than I was with the outcome. It's more a popularity contest than a talent contest. I'm not going to bash Lee; he seems like a nice guy just like Chris Allen. AI is what you make it. You can take it & go with it or just disappear. Personally I liked Crystal better, but it's a win-win situation for both of them & they know it.
I think Lee's performance with Chicago pretty much said it all. He was totally overpowered and swallowed up by these faceless altecockers who are basically just a bunch of hired background musicians. Lee gives "deer in the headlights" extremely well. That's about the only positive thing I could say about him.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I know some people weren't too happy with the artists on there, but having grown up in the 70s, I loved seeing Michael McDonald, Hall & Oates, & even Bret Michaels. I even liked Christina G. & Janet.

Lee
This is one of the few times I didn't watch the finale and I miss Daryl&John!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! If I Had watched it, they wouldn't have been on it!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
This is one of the few times I didn't watch the finale and I miss Daryl&John!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! If I Had watched it, they wouldn't have been on it!!!!!!!!!
i was thinking of you when i saw it! so surprised you didn't see it!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
i was thinking of you when i saw it! so surprised you didn't see it!
I did get to watch it on YouTube!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I did get to watch it on YouTube!
Well, I'm glad that you got to see them on YouTube. I didn't even know that they were going to be on there. I heard the rumor about Bret Michaels, Christina & I got an e-mail saying Michael McDonald was going to be on there, but I had know idea about H&O. When they started singing their songs, I said to my husband, "OMG, are they there?" What pleasant surprise!

Lee