User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Seriously. They are all approaching their 70's and are millionaires .... What are they going to write about ... Life struggles.. New love / romance., future hopes and dreams.... (I would think by now Stevie has stopped writing about Lindsey.)
The older you get, the more you've lost. The more endings there've been. I mean, even if there's no big tragedy in your life, the passage of time and life creates experience, longing and learning that I think anyone can write about.

Michele
Old 04-13-2014, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there's an interview somewhere where SN said after SYW how when her songs don't sound the way she envisioned them, it feels like they are not her songs anymore, and she's not happy about them anymore.

I believe she says this in the Destiny Rules documentary.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I believe she says this in the Destiny Rules documentary.
During the discussions about who was to mix the songs, I think, wasn't it? Would have to watch it again and I could very easily be wrong but that's what my memory is telling me. So again, not about Lindsey's production, necessarily.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-13-2014, 07:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default The significant of a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The older you get, the more you've lost. The more endings there've been. I mean, even if there's no big tragedy in your life, the passage of time and life creates experience, longing and learning that I think anyone can write about.

Michele
Why time flies when you get older

The older you are, the significant of a year becomes less.

Your memory and age is just a percentage of a year.

When you are 5 years old, one year is 20% of your memory (the span of time becomes longer and less significant for the here and now).

When your 50 years old, one year is 2% of your memory (the span of time becomes shorter and more significant for the here and now).

When your 65 years old, one year is 1.53% of your memory (the span of time becomes even shorter and more significant for the here and now).

Age, if explained in terms of percentage of your memory of one year of time becomes less significant. That's why time flies when you get older.

Last edited by ironman_01701; 04-13-2014 at 07:51 AM..
Old 04-13-2014, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If all Fleetwood Mac are working on right now are some demos (likely CM or LB demos) then Stevie's not missing out on much...
Old 04-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Ledgie

I hope Stevie is writing some great songs for this LP and most likely is working on her contributions but can understand why she's not in the studio with them right now. She's often been shut out of the process and just kept on the sidelines waiting for her turn to add her vocal tracks when she has recorded with FM--which has led to much of her frustration with the group. After her great experience with IYD, she knows recording can be different and may not want to give up her creative control over her songs.

It also may not be the best thing for the group's cohesiveness to be spending time together in that way because it may bring back bad memories of their experiences during earlier recordings (e.g., "Rumours" and "Tusk") and many disagreements that occurred. Right now Stevie and LIndsey are getting along really well for the first time since they were in BN. Stevie may want to keep that going and decrease any chance of conflict before their tour so that everything stays on an even keel so that they have a great time with Christine back in the band. (Let's not forget that this band has the interpersonal chemistry and history that can become volatile, especially when recording).

I really hope they take advantage of this popularity wave and drop a CD quickly, too, with wonderful songs from all of them, before the tour.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
I really hope they take advantage of this popularity wave and drop a CD quickly, too, with wonderful songs from all of them, before the tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope Stevie is writing some great songs for this LP and most likely is working on her contributions but can understand why she's not in the studio with them right now. She's often been shut out of the process and just kept on the sidelines waiting for her turn to add her vocal tracks when she has recorded with FM--which has led to much of her frustration with the group. After her great experience with IYD, she knows recording can be different and may not want to give up her creative control over her songs.

It also may not be the best thing for the group's cohesiveness to be spending time together in that way because it may bring back bad memories of their experiences during earlier recordings (e.g., "Rumours" and "Tusk") and many disagreements that occurred. Right now Stevie and LIndsey are getting along really well for the first time since they were in BN. Stevie may want to keep that going and decrease any chance of conflict before their tour so that everything stays on an even keel so that they have a great time with Christine back in the band. (Let's not forget that this band has the interpersonal chemistry and history that can become volatile, especially when recording).

From the 3/27/14 Rolling Stone article...

"The group spent time in mid-March working on new songs, though they don't plan on releasing anything until after the world tour. They have yet to sketch out an exact setlist, though Buckingham has a good idea of what they'll play. "It won't be too hard to figure out," he says. "Stevie and I both have songs we pretty much have to play. When you add in Christine's hits, you pretty much have a set, though that's not to say there won't be a few little surprises around the edges."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2ymMgScYD
Old 04-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
"The group spent time in mid-March working on new songs, though they don't plan on releasing anything until after the world tour.
i'm trying really hard to forget that quote ever existed. you are depressing me.

yes, after this tour and another and another....... it's been since "right after Unleashed". at this rate, probably never gonna happen.

we'll just have one after another more and more and more and more and more expensive tours...... i used to justify that they couldn't release an album because one of 2 songwriters not being on board. but now when Christine is on board, they have at least 2 songwriters (same as they did for SYW), and i don't see any reason for them not to release whatever songs they have done ASAP. before or at the start of the tour. not in 2015, or maybe 2016 or maybe 2017..............

it's 2014, we all had these very similar discussions at the start of 2010. waiting for the album then.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-13-2014, 10:32 AM
Ledgie

Yes, I so agree with you! Patience may be a virtue but this is getting ridiculous. And, although I hate to say this because I'm getting older too, I don't know that there is going to be that large a base for a release from 70- year old rock musicians. If they don't release something now when interest in FM is at its peak in many years, they will lose this window of opportunity and their sales will suffer. From a marketing perspective, this makes no sense!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I snap into the realization that I am a fan of a group which has not released a studio album in 27 years. Even if you count SYW it is 11 years. Funny how with a total lack of new music it all starts to fade away....
Old 04-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie only wants to be a part of the "Touring band" then the other 3 or 4 members need to accept that and get over it. Continuing to use Stevie as an excuse for the reason that there is no new music yet is getting old...If FM really wants to put out new music then do so WITHOUT HER...
Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I so agree with you! Patience may be a virtue but this is getting ridiculous. And, although I hate to say this because I'm getting older too, I don't know that there is going to be that large a base for a release from 70- year old rock musicians. If they don't release something now when interest in FM is at its peak in many years, they will lose this window of opportunity and their sales will suffer. From a marketing perspective, this makes no sense!

That's why this album has to be released before the tour. I still think it will. We are thinking (as stated above) these rockers are in their late sixties/seventies let's stop pretending like there is "years ahead" for tours and albums from this fab 5.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm trying really hard to forget that quote ever existed. you are depressing me.

yes, after this tour and another and another....... it's been since "right after Unleashed". at this rate, probably never gonna happen.

we'll just have one after another more and more and more and more and more expensive tours...... i used to justify that they couldn't release an album because one of 2 songwriters not being on board. but now when Christine is on board, they have at least 2 songwriters (same as they did for SYW), and i don't see any reason for them not to release whatever songs they have done ASAP. before or at the start of the tour. not in 2015, or maybe 2016 or maybe 2017..............

it's 2014, we all had these very similar discussions at the start of 2010. waiting for the album then.
But they never entered the studio to work on an album in 2010 and they never said they were going to work on an album. They always said, mainly Lindsey, that they hoped that would happen. So this is different. They aren't saying "I hope we do an album"....they're saying "we're working on an album".
Old 04-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
That's why this album has to be released before the tour. I still think it will. We are thinking (as stated above) these rockers are in their late sixties/seventies let's stop pretending like there is "years ahead" for tours and albums from this fab 5.
They definitely are not planning for this to be a final tour. They expect to do more after this so of all the reasons they should release an album now age isn't one, at least from their perspective. I personally that they should do it now and age is a good reason, but they aren't looking at this as the end of anything so I don't think that's a motivation for them. And I don't think after all the tour announcements that they're just going to slip in an album to go along with it. We'd already know about it if that were in the plans. They'd be more definitive about their recordings.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-13-2014 at 01:52 PM..