The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm feeling stressed about this already....I always get stressed when there is a concert I really want to go to and I'm working when the tickets go onsale. I'm teaching at 9am both Thursday and Friday. Argh!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
I'm feeling stressed about this already....I always get stressed when there is a concert I really want to go to and I'm working when the tickets go onsale. I'm teaching at 9am both Thursday and Friday. Argh!
I guess I got lucky because somebody else booked Manchester for me and is going to try and book Leeds on Friday. Buddha bless Viv (McTrouble) because lawdy knows I panic when it comes to these things. I wouldn't know where to begin buying tickets and such. I can't wait for the shows. We're making a weekend of it just to make sure it's not too stressful. I hope there aren't any snow issues because that tends to happen in winter during important times :s
Old 09-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm tempted to call the Palladium tomorrow and see what the deal is. I'm not sure why though, as they're only going to tell me tickets aren't onsale until Thursday and Friday. I need to do something with my nervous energy. Gosh I am a ridiculous person but I will stress about this all week now
Old 09-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm tempted to call the Palladium tomorrow and see what the deal is. I'm not sure why though, as they're only going to tell me tickets aren't onsale until Thursday and Friday. I need to do something with my nervous energy. Gosh I am a ridiculous person but I will stress about this all week now
It's always worth a shot. And don't worry! I'm one of the leading authorities of getting tense when trying to get something important done. If I didn't meditate my Uni years would kill me lol.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stereoboard.com
http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/167572/9

Revered producer, songwriter, singer and guitarist of Fleetwood Mac – Lindsey Buckingham has today announced a seven-date UK tour for December. The tour will stop in Birmingham, Salford, Leeds, Edinburgh, Gateshead, Southampton and is due to wrap up at the London Palladium. Full details are listed below.

The tour comes in support of Lindsey’s sixth solo studio album ‘Seeds We Sow’ his first since 2008's 'Gift Of Screws'. The album will be followed by the release of a new live concert DVD & Blu-ray in October, featuring tracks from the new album plus classic solo and Fleetwood Mac tracks from across Lindsey Buckingham’s career.

The album is a showcase for his distinctive guitar picking style and instantly recognizable voice. The songs cover a broad spectrum from the simple guitar and vocals of the opening title track through the rockier style of 'That’s The Way Love Goes' to the more complex arrangement and harmonies of 'When She Comes Down'. As on previous solo albums, there is also a cover of a little known Rolling Stones track 'She Smiled Sweetly', which first appeared on the Stones’ 1967 album 'Between The Buttons'.

Lindsey Buckingham recorded 'Seeds We Sow' in his home studio in Los Angeles and played the majority of the instruments himself, as well as mixing and producing.

Lindsey Buckingham UK Tour Dates are as follows:

December 2011

Dec 8th - Birmingham Symphony Hall
Dec 9th - Salford Lowry
Dec 11th - O2 Academy Leeds
Dec 12th - Edinburgh Usher Hall
Dec 13th - Gateshead Sage
Dec 18th - Southampton Guildhall
Dec 19th - London Palladium

Lindsey Buckingham Tickets go onsale from 9am on Friday 9th September 2011 priced at £45.00/£42.50 + booking fees.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Is live nation presale available on all seats?? Or is it like o2 priority, where they quite often offload the not so good seats first?

Excited does not even begin to cover how I feel right now. Just had a really tough first day at work and this has cheered me up ALOT!

Edit: Also... I've read that ticket prices for the Palladium show are £45 (on Nickslive) but can't see that listed on the live nation website. How are all seats priced the same?
I emailed Live Nation about how their presale works. This is their response:

"For Live Nation presales, we ensure tickets are available in all areas, e.g. front row, front blocks, side blocks, upper tiers."
Old 09-06-2011, 06:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, give it a try - you never know. Unfortunately, my chosen venue is not selling until the day after presale. Aaaagh, the stress!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I guess I got lucky because somebody else booked Manchester for me and is going to try and book Leeds on Friday. Buddha bless Viv (McTrouble) because lawdy knows I panic when it comes to these things. I wouldn't know where to begin buying tickets and such. I can't wait for the shows. We're making a weekend of it just to make sure it's not too stressful. I hope there aren't any snow issues because that tends to happen in winter during important times :s
Did you get good seats Bee and Viv?

Last edited by gfd1963; 09-06-2011 at 06:17 AM..
Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where are the IRELAND Dates ?????? This isnt good enough.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No Wales? Cheers Linds
Old 09-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Where are the IRELAND Dates ?????? This isnt good enough.
There is still a four day gap between the Gateshead and Southampton shows where the Irish dates were originally scheduled. I think they may reappear as I can't see Lindsey sitting around for four days.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh No wait the two Ireland dated have been confirmed AGAIN. Yeeeoooo

Were all okay again, Doctor "cancel that prescription for panic attack pills" Cheers
Old 09-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
No Wales? Cheers Linds
Maybe there are more dates to come. It seems odd that most of his shows are in fairly close proximity in Birmingham and the North with only two "down south".
Old 09-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Oh No wait the two Ireland dated have been confirmed AGAIN. Yeeeoooo

Were all okay again, Doctor "cancel that prescription for panic attack pills" Cheers
I'm happy for you.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
Did you get good seats Bee and Viv?
The seats are OK - we are just over the moon to get them, they were already selling fast when I ordered.

Row L over to one side - but we've got aisle which helps, don't have to clamber over anyone to get to stage!