User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post

In any event, people should read the facts and conclude for themselves. Sadly, people in general and not referring to people here rely on the media which is not an accurate source.
I have read the facts and concluded for myself, thank you.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post

me too. but the facts only made one clear interpretation possible says mister Strandinthecourt. I don't know if he's been framed. Fact is that he spent several nights/evenings in bed with kids. Fact is that he hung his kid out of the widow of his hotel. The guy's an idiot. Well, that only makes him someone I can't have faith in.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
You are welcome. And, good thing you weren't on the 2005 jury, which aquitted MJ based largely on a lack of actual evidence and the prior history of extortion by the child's family. But, unlike the 1994 child's parents, the 2005 child's parents did not offer to let MJ move in with them, give their child heavy drugs to get the testimony, and then let the man who they said molested their son walk away free to do it again in exchange for setting them up financially for life.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
me too. but the facts only made one clear interpretation possible says mister Strandinthecourt. I don't know if he's been framed. Fact is that he spent several nights/evenings in bed with kids. Fact is that he hung his kid out of the widow of his hotel. The guy's an idiot. Well, that only makes him someone I can't have faith in.
Your faith in him has nothing to do with his talent, which he had lots of. Logs of creepy people are or were highly talented despite their creepiness

Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Your faith in him has nothing to do with his talent, which he had lots of. Logs of creepy people are or were highly talented despite their creepiness
We were not at all talking about his talent. I never said that he didn't have talent. You are so good in tossing arguments around to something where I say"huh"? was that the topic? You do that as good as my girlfriend does. (May I ask you NEVER to isolate that last sentence and let it pop up in any other context?)

At least "Standinthecourt"was the tease of the day, if I may say so myself.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with pretty much everything strandinthewind has posted.

It was honor to bum rush the MSG stage with you.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
We were not at all talking about his talent. I never said that he didn't have talent. You are so good in tossing arguments around to something where I say"huh"? was that the topic? You do that as good as my girlfriend does. (May I ask you NEVER to isolate that last sentence and let it pop up in any other context?)

At least "Standinthecourt"was the tease of the day, if I may say so myself.
I thought you earlier were arguing he had no talent - mea culpa

and meinthecourt was pretty fab.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I've always been fond of "Smooth Criminal"- song and video.

I always assumed that the "Annie are you okay" was a play on words re: Annie Oakley. Or am I the only person who thought that?
You're the only person who thought that. But we like you anyway!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/316662...ess_hollywood/

This really chaps my ass.

So these kids were essentially bred like shih tzu puppies, and have no idea who their parents are. The one (marginal) parental figure they did have is dead, and now they're going to be handed over to Joe & Katherine Jackson (hey let's give them 3 more kids, since they did so well raising their own )? Who, at closing in on 80 years old, will probably both be dead in 5 years and yet more custody battles will ensue.

MJ may have been talented, but he had no business having children, especially not in this manner. And what screwball doctor would agree to do this? This makes me so mad I could spit nails - why are these kids not in foster care?
Old 06-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post

So these kids were essentially bred like shih tzu puppies, and have no idea who their parents are. The one (marginal) parental figure they did have is dead, and now they're going to be handed over to Joe & Katherine Jackson (hey let's give them 3 more kids, since they did so well raising their own )? Who, at closing in on 80 years old, will probably both be dead in 5 years and yet more custody battles will ensue.

MJ may have been talented, but he had no business having children, especially not in this manner. And what screwball doctor would agree to do this? This makes me so mad I could spit nails - why are these kids not in foster care?
In ten years we're going to start seeing some very juicy tell-all books from these kids. I hope someone in the camp is assiduously interviewing these kids on video.

Ultimately I don't think there is anything wrong with what MJ did in terms of "acquiring" kids; it's perfectly legal to pay a surrogate to birth your children, e.g., SJ Parker and Matthew Broderick's recent twins. I just think it's hilarious that MJ really thought people were stupid enough to believe that he could have possibly fathered lily-white children with blue eyes/straight hair, let alone actually have relations with a woman. There was never, ever any doubt (at least in my mind) that these kids were genetically unrelated to MJ. But was MJ a good father? He may have been naive and eccentric, but I would suspect that at the very least he was an affectionate, emotionally present parent who devoted the final years of his life to their well-being, which is a lot more than I could say about most parents.

It would be a shame if they did end up with the elder Jacksons, or even worse, get split up. The Jackson parents do seem to be awfully indifferent to what just happened- Joe is out pimping his new record label on TV while Katherine was spotted casually shopping at Target a couple of nights ago. First of all, what happened to the grieving; losing a child is the worst thing that could happen to a parent. Secondly, why is an 80-year-old scion of a musical dynasty pushing around a cart at Target? Doesn't she have a few hundred kids, grandkids and staff to do this for her? I can only imagine that they have done lost their marbles at this point- definitely not a good environment for the kids. I truly hope that they end up with the nanny who, by all accounts, seemed to be the only one in the Jackson camp with any common sense. And whatever happened to Rebe Jackson?
Old 06-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post

This is going down the same as Anna Nicole Smith.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've taken some time out to meditate. Everytime MJ is suddenly pushed in my face I've had a reexperience of something from my past so that I get part angry and part panicky. It's gotten confused with my own attackers getting credit for being accomplished at something and I guess I want to fight back and discredit any person like that. I wonder if coverage of Jackson brings that kind of stuff up for others? If I'd been ruined financially by some money guru I trusted perhaps Madoff coverage would be 'retraumatising'?

But... reading some of this stuff I called a waste of time maybe I can see it's possible Jackson could've been some kind of messed up person who couldn't relate in an adult way in some regards, and genuinely liked opportunities to function at a 12 year old level socially without any sexual assaulting going on. It's hard to imagine but... maybe. On the surface it sure looks like a powerful adult man using other people's kids and lavishing gifts etc., and I still think with his money he could've gotten serious help to grow out of it even if he was in denial about something. Way back before all the inforamtion I used to think maybe he should have a sex change, had a motherly type of love for kids, although the sexually aggressive wanting to seem tough dance moves seemed to contradict that.

Okay, I feel sorry for him a little now, I guess that's a change. I don't think I can enjoy or appreciate the music again like I did when Off The Wall first came out, and so for me he is just another funk-disco artist of the past like Carl Carlton or whoever.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I can see it's possible Jackson could've been some kind of messed up person who couldn't relate in an adult way in some regards, and genuinely liked opportunities to function at a 12 year old level socially without any sexual assaulting going on. It's hard to imagine but... maybe.
That's what I've always believed - that for awhile he had ceased to grow up, mentally, and lived as if he were between 10 and 12 years old. He was what, in his 20s, early 30s during the success of Thriller and Bad? After working his ass off since the age of 5? I think he'd reached a point where he had the money and time to just take a break, enjoy his success and get to experience the childhood he never had. To us, it was odd, but to him, it was making up for lost time. Imagine being 12, winning the lottery, being allowed to spend your money however you wanted, without any parents to tell you what you could or couldn't do. Who wouldn't want an amusement park in their back yard and a pet chimp?

There are LOTS of people out there who are addicted to plastic surgeries. But we don't hear about them because they're otherwise considered normal. People buy weirder **** on eBay than the Elephant Man's bones, but you rarely hear about them being ridiculed.

Sparky, I copied and pasted your post on another board, giving you full credit, of course.

Last edited by Livia; 06-30-2009 at 03:22 PM..
Old 06-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I've always been fond of "Smooth Criminal"- song and video.

I always assumed that the "Annie are you okay" was a play on words re: Annie Oakley. Or am I the only person who thought that? (apparently, the original setting for the video was to be the wild west, so maybe I'm on to something )
Haha, I always just thought the song was about a hitman offing some chick named Annie in her apartment. With the bloodstains. On the carpet.

But maybe it's a play on words, too. Who knows what lurked about in his brain?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 06-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For those of us who think this whole thing is going to be a big huge unprecedented mess,
and that most people just don't get it, about what a huge mess it's going to be - - -
I have a sneaky suspicion that we're not even close to getting it, yet...

There's an excellent article about the whole thing on the Time Magazine website:

http://www.time.com/time/arts/articl...7344-1,00.html

"Right now we could all use a selective memory wipe — a magical eraser to remove all the misery Michael Jackson endured and caused. Just for a minute, we'd like to have pure recollections of the thrilling dancer and singer who dominated '80s music, created the all-time best-selling album of new songs (Thriller) and seemed the very model of the cool dude with the sensitive soul. And we wouldn't mind feeling some uncomplicated warmth for the young Jacko who, as the Cupid and Kewpie doll of the Motown brother act the Jackson Five, displayed the charisma that marked him for future and, we thought, perpetual stardom. Why can't a pop icon's life and legacy be as easy as ABC? . . . .

...And now, in his early and sudden death, his mourners can see him as more sinned against than sinning. They might have used that magical memory wipe on themselves.

But as the first grieving fades, and all those people Jackson's lawyers paid to keep quiet get other people to pay for their stories, the tabloid tattling will return. The noise should be as instructive as it is ugly. It will force Michael Jackson's fans and foes to ask: Why must our stars fall so spectacularly and fail us so egregiously? Perhaps it's because we want them to. Indeed, it may be the primary function of celebrities like Jackson to show us, in their early radiance, what we could dream of being — and in the murk of their decline, what we fear we could become."

Anyway, it's come out that Jackson may not have been the biological father of ANY of the three kids...

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 06-30-2009 at 04:33 PM..