User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i really hope he gets it out on some other label, but whatever works i guess.

yeah, all that talk about stevie's album being released in may and available for pre-order did make me wanting the opportunity to pre-order lindsey's!
All of the excitement around Stevie's album is just reminding me that I'm way, way more excited about Lindsey's. Hoping for some news soon!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
All of the excitement around Stevie's album is just reminding me that I'm way, way more excited about Lindsey's. Hoping for some news soon!
Excitement aside, HEARING Stevie's lead single made me way, way more excited about Lindsey's.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I am so excited for this new album. Even Stevie says it's really good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Quote:
That's what Lindsey should title his new solo album.
I'd love him forever if he did!
So, I read all these together and it came out like:

"Even Stevie Says It's Really Good"...that's what Lindsey should title his new solo album...lol I'd love him forever if he did!

That just tickled me.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

"Even Stevie Says It's Really Good"...that's what Lindsey should title his new solo album...lol I'd love him forever if he did!

That just tickled me.
OMG, you have me rolling. Maybe that can be his present for her 63rd birthday..and for 65 we can get the BN reissue and tour.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Yes, I have to admit with all the Stevie excitement I was also thinking "Where's Lindsey's?" To have both in one year would be stupendous! Now we just need the Mac to make another album and it's ALL good!
I'm actually losing hope in that ever happening!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
If Lindsey does re-sign with Reprise, I doubt we'll see his album until AT LEAST a few months after Stevie's.....July or August at the earliest, I bet!
Although it'd be agony to wait so long, I personally think it'd be wise to let all the fuss die down from Stevie's album and not to have to compete at the same time - even though anything Bucky does is far superior (but I am biased!).
Old 01-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

That just tickled me.

Well since he won't, we should somehow make it the mantra of the new album. Maybe make tshirts to wear to the concerts! lol

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well since he won't, we should somehow make it the mantra of the new album. Maybe make tshirts to wear to the concerts! lol
Love it!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i really hope he gets it out on some other label, but whatever works i guess.
That would be nice. On the Bass Performance DVD where he had a little documentary it was kinda heartbreaking to see his reaction each time a record company passed on Under the Skin. He had to settle for Reprise.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
That would be nice. On the Bass Performance DVD where he had a little documentary it was kinda heartbreaking to see his reaction each time a record company passed on Under the Skin. He had to settle for Reprise.
Yeah, that was difficult to watch (for me at least).

Old 01-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
really dislike that documentary, at least half of it should've been cut out, imo. the main thing it shows is that lindsey is definitely not an actor. and not a very good narrator either. so the whole thing is just depressing, other then kids playing in the studio and few other snippets. don't mind sloppy looking docs, but...
Old 01-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I'm not sure the doc was meant to showcase him as an actor, more of an artiste. I guess I enjoyed it for what it was at the time. It wasn't any glorious manifesto and, quite frankly, I forwarded through a LOT of crap- like those shots of the ground and some area in the woods that would reappear throughout the film at random times (like the IWY music video and parts when he was narrating.) His children are beautiful, without question. I thought the parts with them were very sweet.

Oh and my least favorite "video" in that doc has to be Down on Rodeo. Really Lindsey? You write a song that perfect and the best you can do to showcase it in video format is a bunch of random shots of people walking around in LA? I think there needs to be someone editing his stuff for him. He can't be allowed to just release everything he thinks smells like roses just because it's "artistic" and "deep." With lots of other artists I could care less, but LB is a freakin' genius, and I'd like him to have some proper music videos so I can show them to my friends and family with pride, instead of having them fall asleep on me each time.

Last edited by Nico; 01-15-2011 at 01:32 AM..
Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
^ I'm not sure the doc was meant to showcase him as an actor, more of an artiste. I guess I enjoyed it for what it was at the time. It wasn't any glorious manifesto and, quite frankly, I forwarded through a LOT of crap- like those shots of the ground and some area in the woods that would reappear throughout the film at random times (like the IWY music video and parts when he was narrating.) His children are beautiful, without question. I thought the parts with them were very sweet.
Well, I think Lindsey was acting during those phone calls and in that respect, I think he was pretty darn good, not Oscar-worthy, but . . . I don't think those were real phone calls. However, I do think they were recreations of real phone calls and that is what made it painful for me to watch too. I hurt for him. I was indignant for him. I was frustrated.

Of course, I also felt bad in Destiny Rules when they played the album for the record executive. I didn't want them to have to be eager for people to like their stuff at this point in their lives. It hurt that they have to hope to be chosen while record companies are groveling at the feet of the latest American Idol cast off.

As for the documentary, I'm such a sucker for the pictures I saw flash past in the Show You How video and the little glimpse of those 3 kids that I ate it up. I'm so easy.

Michele
Old 01-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ I'm not sure the doc was meant to showcase him as an actor, more of an artiste.
i think it was supposed to look like a reality doc not acting, but those telephone parts and "deep" thoughts narratives came accross as just a bunch of bad acting instead, at least to me.

Quote:
Oh and my least favorite "video" in that doc has to be Down on Rodeo. Really Lindsey? You write a song that perfect and the best you can do to showcase it in video format is a bunch of random shots of people walking around in LA?
my thoughts exactly every time i watch that!

Quote:
I think there needs to be someone editing his stuff for him. He can't be allowed to just release everything he thinks smells like roses just because it's "artistic" and "deep." With lots of other artists I could care less, but LB is a freakin' genius, and I'd like him to have some proper music videos so I can show them to my friends and family with pride, instead of having them fall asleep on me each time.
yes, yes and yes - to every sentence, especially "he thinks smells like roses" part!

speaking of DOR videos, i thought this one is much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwdH-...eature=related
Old 01-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I think Lindsey was acting during those phone calls and in that respect, I think he was pretty darn good, not Oscar-worthy, but . . . I don't think those were real phone calls. However, I do think they were recreations of real phone calls and that is what made it painful for me to watch too. I hurt for him. I was indignant for him. I was frustrated.

Of course, I also felt bad in Destiny Rules when they played the album for the record executive. I didn't want them to have to be eager for people to like their stuff at this point in their lives. It hurt that they have to hope to be chosen while record companies are groveling at the feet of the latest American Idol cast off.

As for the documentary, I'm such a sucker for the pictures I saw flash past in the Show You How video and the little glimpse of those 3 kids that I ate it up. I'm so easy.

Michele
Really Michele? I fell for it because I thought they were real phone calls. I mean...if they weren't I guess I could see his point in recreating such stuff for film, but why bother? Why not just have Stella hold up a "they passed" sign and move along with some more kids footage and Kristen walking around in Lindsey's shirt with some other songs from the album playing? I get the significance of these phone calls for him as an artist at this point in his career, but I just wanted to see more footage of him dancing with Will.