User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I'm just going to stop posting on here if I get f*cking jumped every time I log on. I'm serious, I'm done with this. Especially since I'm a USERNAME on here, not a name, not a concrete age.... I really like you Nikolaj, but mind your own business, especially since there's NO obvious proof of alcohol in the picture and I didn't write, "hey guys, look at me! I'm underage and drinking!" I just said they're bartenders. They're also friends.

So really, leave me alone. There's no way they'd get in any trouble for this. I didn't post their names, the location, my age. NOTHING that could be used to get them in trouble. I'm deleting it just because YOUR post was incriminating.
Hmm, edit. Good of you to remove the photos, thank you. YOUR PHOTOS were potentially incriminating and damaging to others, not me writing that they were.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 01-20-2011 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: in process
Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The beginning of my post was directed at you. The rest was towards others. I DO know you (and like you) and didn't mean to make it sound otherwise. Sorry for the confusion but nevertheless, your passive aggressiveness is, as usual, not appreciated.
I love the fact that the passive aggressive comment is a later addition. As Nicolaj, I was merely pointing something out to you. But of course, you chose to see it as an attack because that's the kind of mood your in. Your responce fed my responce, so you ought to think of your own responce before judging mine.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post

I haven't posted on here in so long, but here's a recent picture of me!
I remember this face! Your eyes are unforgettable!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post

I haven't posted on here in so long, but here's a recent picture of me!
To skip past that little transgression: You're a very pretty girl and Kath is right. Your eyes are stunning! Even with a ton of make up on my eyes I still don't feel as though I have any, but yours hardly need a thing because they're big, bright and gorgeous!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:58 PM
MissLadyLoki
This message has been deleted by MissLadyLoki.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I hardly jumped on you, I was pretty damned nice, considering the vacuous lack of concern that you showed for 2 adults who would in no way consent to their photos being put online if they knew they were serving a selfish little girl with a sociopathic narcissism to yes, incriminate them just to show off, again. YOU did that, not me. I pointed it out to you about it potentially causing them to lose their jobs or be arrested, and was damned nice about doing it.
Though I feel your slow-burn, I still like you, and will try to mind my own business, not bad advice.
In this case, you are clearly just too immature to see that your actions potentially could have caused harm to others, big harm, If it's "MY POST" that lead you to delete it, well, go ahead and blame me for your immature need to post 5000 photos of yourself when everyone already knows what the hell you look like. THERE- that was a 'jumping on me' reaction that you accused me of, and if I get banned over it, I don't give a ****.
I am beyond mature enough to coexist, even over a difference of opinion- not about your life, but about lives of two hapless adults you endanger carelessly and without conscience.
Hence, I am willing to never respond to a damned thing you write again, so feel free to post away, and I will just have nothing to say about any of it. I happened to care about pointing something out to you, because I thought well of you, but now, I see the selfish 'me me me' that you are all about, with no remorse for your actions, not mine.
So, I won't bother investing the time again to try to help develop character you sorely lack in, anyway. It is none of my business, and never was. I just thought you might appreciate it. No need for me think about such things, from now on.
See how many friends you'll lose over the years.
This is an outrageous overreaction to something so small. You look ridiculous.

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 01-19-2011 at 10:08 PM..
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm just going to stop posting on here if I get f*cking jumped every time I log on. I'm serious, I'm done with this. Especially since I'm a USERNAME on here, not a name, not a concrete age.... I really like you Nikolaj, but mind your own business, especially since there's NO obvious proof of alcohol in the picture and I didn't write, "hey guys, look at me! I'm underage and drinking!" I just said they're bartenders. They're also friends.

So really, leave me alone. There's no way they'd get in any trouble for this. I didn't post their names, the location, my age. NOTHING that could be used to get them in trouble. I'm deleting it just because YOUR post was incriminating.
I have to say I agree with Danielle. Authorities wasting their time on The Ledge to catch underaged drinkers? Sounds far fetched to me. Even so, hunting down Dani and those bartenders would take significant time and they would encounter several jurisdiction problems. All of which could be overcome with enough time, money, and effort, but would they waste all of this even if they had overwhelming evidence? Probably not. Not to mention there is no evidence that they provided Dani with any alcohol. They are simply in a picture. And the drink on the table looks like tea with lemon. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but there is no definitive proof that they or anybody else served her with ANY alcohol. Plus, Dani is old enough to go into a bar so the fact that she has pics with bartenders is not incriminating in and of itself. Lastly, when people choose to sell alcohol, they know the risks of providing to minors. If they willingly provide Dani with alcohol or if they fail to ensure she has a valid ID, who's fault is that? Theirs. Who posed for the photo? They did. If they are serving alcohol to minors, they should be more concerned with undercover local police, not some unknown feds lurking on the ledge.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I have to say I agree with Danielle. Authorities wasting their time on The Ledge to catch underaged drinkers? Sounds far fetched to me. Even so, hunting down Dani and those bartenders would take significant time and they would encounter several jurisdiction problems. All of which could be overcome with enough time, money, and effort, but would they waste all of this even if they had overwhelming evidence? Probably not. Not to mention there is no evidence that they provided Dani with any alcohol. They are simply in a picture. And the drink on the table looks like tea with lemon. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but there is no definitive proof that they or anybody else served her with ANY alcohol. Plus, Dani is old enough to go into a bar so the fact that she has pics with bartenders is not incriminating in and of itself. Lastly, when people choose to sell alcohol, they know the risks of providing to minors. If they willingly provide Dani with alcohol or if they fail to ensure she has a valid ID, who's fault is that? Theirs. Who posed for the photo? They did. If they are serving alcohol to minors, they should be more concerned with undercover local police, not some unknown feds lurking on the ledge.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I love the fact that the passive aggressive comment is a later addition. As Nicolaj, I was merely pointing something out to you. But of course, you chose to see it as an attack because that's the kind of mood your in. Your responce fed my responce, so you ought to think of your own responce before judging mine.
SilverSprings, I didn't see anything you wrote here that was bothersome, or feel attacked at all, in your PMs.
I did see your (two) PMs today and enjoyed them, and replied, and felt in good humor about it. Judging? I really better re-read the PMs. I thought yours were nice, and I thought I replied that I enjoyed them, and your previous PM of a couple days ago that I was lax in quickly replying to.
I surely didn't feel attacked, I recall writing that I was amused. Guess I'll need to get back to you- is it possible you got another PM, not from me, confused?
Edit: Bee, the more I look at the message above, the more I don't think it was actually from you. Were you hacked? You have never misspelled one word ever to me, in any correspondence, it just isn't "you"- and we never had any disagreement, did we?! Just to be clear, I only enjoyed and wrote back that I enjoyed your messages, I just double checked. Strange.
APerfectLie: I think it's great you support D and I see your points. Farfetched, sure. Right to post photographs without permission of people who don't know she's underage and not legal to be served? Not my business, never was! Won't make that mistake again. To think, though, that 'photos posted on The Ledge stay on The Ledge' is uninformed- once in cyberland, photos can go anywhere they go, by many different sources and for many different reasons. All the time, and not only on The Ledge, but at universities, Borders, Starbucks- private photos become public more often than it seems you're aware of. Someone could type in an advanced search under 'Images'-- 'piercing photo, teenager' and your own photo you just posted, could go anywhere. It is not something to be afraid of, but it is possible, and photos, once on the net, can be everywhere. So, it's not like The Ledge is an island. Funny anyone would think so.
Deflection, by the way, not from you, APL, is the most chosen tool of someone unwilling to see their own accountability- In no way was it I who seemed ridiculous, and I have had to clear my mailbox twice with notes of support.
Still, I wish her support and happiness.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 01-20-2011 at 01:15 AM..
Old 01-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh goodness... I smell another thread that's going to get the lock-out treatment soon. Y'all start behaving now, ya hear?

Well, as someone sitting on the sidelines with no skin in the game, I'll add my own $0.02 (because I know everyone wants my opinion. )

-Dani: Look, I know you meant well, and posting pictures is what keeps this thread alive. But the reality is that most, if not all people here are not too keen about underage drinking (myself included). Maybe it's something you'll realize when you have racked up as many miles as the rest of us, but underage drinking is so not cool; nothing good can come of it. Ever. Yes, I realize the photos are not iron-clad evidence that underage drinking occurred in a bar, but a reasonable association could be drawn circumstantially. You can't deny that. So if people draw that conclusion, it is for a reason. As such, I think you overreacted and said some hurtful things in the heat of the moment. Yes, there is an element of snark somewhere among the responses. But this is the Ledge- we are snark-mongers. We dish it, we take it.

-Nikolaj: Look, I know you meant well about maintaining the privacy of people who may or may not have served alcohol to an underage patron. But ultimately, if these people indeed broke some kind of federal or state law, then let them suffer whatever consequences come their way. If they are innocent bystanders (which, by the way, I think is unlikely), these photos alone would not be enough to incriminate anyone. As such, you may have created a bit of a tempest in a teapot with this. You may find it morally reprehensible, but sometimes it's better to keep mum about things that ultimately will come to no good, no matter what the outcome.

-Bee: Look, I know you meant well. But you totally got flogged with shrapnel in the heat of battle. Words for the wise: stay the bloody eff outta the line of combat 'cause you're gonna get hit!

Now please kiss and make up. All of you.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Registered

^
Intelligent, as always, Hejira.

Thank you.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 01-20-2011 at 08:01 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Supporting Ledgie

what da hell is goin' on in here
Old 01-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That argument aside, I enjoy everyones pics they post. Some do a lot, others not enough, myself included. I just don't want people feeling afraid of posting their pics. This is what this particular thread is for. If I tire of a thread, I simply don't read it any longer to care.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
That argument aside, I enjoy everyones pics they post. Some do a lot, others not enough, myself included. I just don't want people feeling afraid of posting their pics. This is what this particular thread is for. If I tire of a thread, I simply don't read it any longer to care.
Speaking of, you need to post some pics of you in your street clothes. All I know of you is Stevie garb
Old 01-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought I remembered seeing a picture of you with Lindsey, Brandon. Such a good pic of you both : )
Old 01-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Speaking of, you need to post some pics of you in your street clothes. All I know of you is Stevie garb
I know! I wear street clothes 99% of the time, everyday. I have pics of me online in normal clothes over the years. I really don't look that much different, I'm just not in boots and a skirt and full makeup. I think people online just think of me being "Shane" regardless of what I'm in at the time. And that is the way it is in real life too, I'm still the same person and everything to people, talking the same, acting the same, I just have two different looks when I want to. I don't try to become Stevie in those clothes, I still stay myself, unlike some of the others who do the dress up. For me, what changes you is the way you feel in all that stuff. It's a gypsy-witchyness you wouldn't know unless you've dressed in it. Others who do, know what I'm talking about. I've had grown straight men ask me how all that stuff must feel? But yeah, I need to put some (normal) pics of me on here. I'm overdue. I have before on 7W I think.