Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
National Coming Out Day is antiquated? I think a couple of you ought to take a field trip to the town in Louisiana where I grew up.
I guess I didn't articulate that well... The feel I was trying to get across is that it seems silly that coming out is even necessary anymore. I realize that there are many scary, bigoted parts of the world still lurking about (Santa Clarita, CA, my old hometown is still one of them). But one would think with all the globalization and the internet and the culture-flow of today that people wouldn't be "shocked" or have to "find out" that someone is gay.

Yes, there are prejudiced bigots out there. However, they seem even more pathetic in today's times than they ever did.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Thanks so much for your words, Johnny and Tower (what is your real name--I feel awfully silly saying "Thanks, The Tower") And I really appreciate your list of advantages to being gay. They are funny and true.
Hi Hilary, my name is Chris. I really do hope you feel better about yourself. You are lucky to be 22 years old in this time of (the beginning of) gay enlightenment. Someday, I tell ya the old stories of trying to be gay in the early 80's. Granted- Duran Duran, A-Ha, Culture Club, Soft Cell, Bronski Beat and Kajagoogoo ( !) were out there as pop cover for us 80's queers. However, it still was in the deep dark land of Reagan gettinng 500+ electoral votes in the 1984 election. OUCH!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Geez...I leave this thread for two hours and have to spend half that catchin up lol....
Old 10-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
So question - why is it that people who consider themselves "bi" get so much ****...I'm not selfish and actually have not dated a women in more than five years now I'm not a nympho...I believe in being with one person and one person only etc....however, me and a friend of mine who is also bi have been like pretty much ostracized by some of our gay friends...when we chose to date a man... I have also heard people say that bisexuality is bull****....it's a "Stepping stone" - that, I think, is bull**** since I've felt this way my entire life...seriously...
I think the "bi gets so much ****" thing has a little history in being non-committal to being gay. There are many who don't believe that bi-sexuality can truly exist. However, I know many people who really are bi-sexual. They can be attracted to, and fall in love with, either sex.

In the male gay world, there are many men who claims themselves "bi" because they are afraid to admit that they are gay. I know a ton of lesbians, but I'm not deep enough into their culture to know why there might be "dyke/bi intolerance". Maybe it's because bi women associate with straight men. I know a lot of dykes that have trouble with the whole "straight man - patriarchal" thing.

In any case- I believe this little nightclub is open to everyone. Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Trans-Gendered, Straight, Sorta Straight, Trade, "Gee, Mom, I Don't Know How Those Playgirls Got Under My Mattress" People, Granola Dykes, Lipstick Lesbians, Drag Queens, and "I Don't Know What the Hell I Am" People.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Don't you just love the fact that the people who put donw gay men and women fail to mention that all of those "homos" come from straight couples?
Totally. I always want to say to Fred Phelps and his ilk, "Hey motherf*cker!! You can kill us all off, but you and your het friends will just continue to create us!!!"

And by the way, my dear- if I can get you a date with Doug Wilson, will I get my toaster oven??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
I've enjoyed reading you guys' gay thread..hope you dont mind me responding....I'm a straight male who loves gay people? "isnt that weird?"
That is a SCREAM!!! This whole time I was picturing you as a Chris as in "Christine"..... Of course you are welcome!! The more the merrier. I'm gonna have to wipe out my mental picture of you and replace it with- well, let's just leave it at that....
Old 10-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Geez...I leave this thread for two hours and have to spend half that catchin up lol....
ah, you must read faster...Or NEVER LEAVE THE LEDGE

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
WHAT, flaming pile of sh*t. I thought I went OUT OF MY WAY to be say what I said as nicely as possible. I even ask, please don't get mad in not so fine print at least twice. Obviously you didn't listen to my request
You obviously don't get that there is no "nice" way to say something like that. The statement was inherently offensive, and it was made even more so by you asking that we not get offended even as you were being knowingly insulting.
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And I'll go over the rainbow with her if I can get a crack at Doug. I sure do love the ladies, but I'd be willing to forget about them for a night with him.
You just answered my earlier proposal....

Quote:
Nothing. But there must be something wrong with me if I haven't lashed my wicked tongue in your general direction yet.
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

The only thing i don't like about gay men is that they will never date me...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
I think the "bi gets so much ****" thing has a little history in being non-committal to being gay. There are many who don't believe that bi-sexuality can truly exist. However, I know many people who really are bi-sexual. They can be attracted to, and fall in love with, either sex.

In the male gay world, there are many men who claims themselves "bi" because they are afraid to admit that they are gay. I know a ton of lesbians, but I'm not deep enough into their culture to know why there might be "dyke/bi intolerance". Maybe it's because bi women associate with straight men. I know a lot of dykes that have trouble with the whole "straight man - patriarchal" thing.

In any case- I believe this little nightclub is open to everyone. Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Trans-Gendered, Straight, Sorta Straight, Trade, "Gee, Mom, I Don't Know How Those Playgirls Got Under My Mattress" People, Granola Dykes, Lipstick Lesbians, Drag Queens, and "I Don't Know What the Hell I Am" People.
I prefer "heteroflexible" I'm totally kidding - that's what we used to call the trendy bi's in our area...

What I don't get is why some STILL see bi as non-commital to being gay...it seriously pisses me off when people (behind my back no less) say I'm in denial...oy....but Ive been down that road in this thread already hahaha....I am who I am...not much I can do at this point but enjoy it
Old 10-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I prefer "heteroflexible" I'm totally kidding - that's what we used to call the trendy bi's in our area...

What I don't get is why some STILL see bi as non-commital to being gay...it seriously pisses me off when people (behind my back no less) say I'm in denial...oy....but Ive been down that road in this thread already hahaha....I am who I am...not much I can do at this point but enjoy it
With more choices, to boot!

Old 10-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
With more choices, to boot!

Yet still alone on a Saturday night

Kidding...right now I honestly don't want to date anyone male or female...I'm still getting over the end of my 2 1/2 year relationship....which ended well but ended nonetheless...
Old 10-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess I didn't articulate that well... The feel I was trying to get across is that it seems silly that coming out is even necessary anymore. I realize that there are many scary, bigoted parts of the world still lurking about (Santa Clarita, CA, my old hometown is still one of them). But one would think with all the globalization and the internet and the culture-flow of today that people wouldn't be "shocked" or have to "find out" that someone is gay.

Yes, there are prejudiced bigots out there. However, they seem even more pathetic in today's times than they ever did.
Globalization, internet, and culture flow hasn't trickled down into an awful lot of places yet. It isn't just gay people that folks in my hometown would be shocked by. When I was in school (and this is an almost exclusively Southern Baptist region), meeting someone who was Jewish or Catholic would have been nearly as shocking (and they probably would have garnered almost as much ostracism).
Old 10-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yes, I was out running erronds all day and didn't see this thread until just now....
Old 10-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I was out running erronds all day and didn't see this thread until just now....
so you've got mad catching up to do...or had lol....

Let me tell ya this thread made my afternoon at work fly right by....however I nearly missed several air breaks during my shift lol....still 'tis interesting