Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuigirl
Phew..that was the longest link!! Fascinating .Very cool..that there's an NZ flax, ferntree and cabbage tree in the garden
What a shame, that there's only a guitarcase in one corner, you'd never guess a guitar player lived there, and not an FM pic or gold disc in sight either!It's strange... I would have put Linds down for an Ikea man myself, Spanish style is kinda interesting though.

I didn't even see the guitarcase! But wow, what a beautiful house.

Old 12-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
I didn't even see the guitarcase! But wow, what a beautiful house.
Yeah, i totally wanted to see the studio, actually. But the house is gorgeous. It's decorated with a little too much yellow tones for my taste, but i wouldn't kick it outta my bed for eating crackers, that's for sure.
Amber "one bedroom apartment" G.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuigirl
Phew..that was the longest link!! Fascinating .Very cool..that there's an NZ flax, ferntree and cabbage tree in the garden
What a shame, that there's only a guitarcase in one corner, you'd never guess a guitar player lived there, and not an FM pic or gold disc in sight either!It's strange... I would have put Linds down for an Ikea man myself, Spanish style is kinda interesting though.

I thought the house was very nice, great views, nice pool and a lot of spacious grounds, the styling of the house itself is wonderful but the interior furniture just doesn't fit with the property.. I also think it's filled with unnecessary furniture. All the rooms had the same tones which is good for continuity but you couldn't escape the theme, I'd have used more subtle colour shades and variety myself. Browns, whites and creams are good in that they don't tend to date, too many yellowish hues for me there though..

I'm sure it will sell though, plenty of rich tasteless people in California, one of them will buy it... I cannot picture LB having lived here as it stands right now... The interior is just not him..
Old 12-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Long thread!!!

I just wanna throw in my speculation as to why LBs house is for sale...

.....................................BLACK MOLD!!!!!

That's right.... STACHYBOCHEROUS!!

He shouldna scrimped when selecting a remodel contractor.... for TWO YEARS water has been seeping in EVERYWHERE... and when the dog started getting sick (I didn't want to say one of the kids, because I'm just kinda funny that way), they took it to the vet and discovered a rare lung ailment caused only by STACHY! The Bs hired the same guy Ed McMahon used to rip the walls apart in the house and that's when they found it....

......................................BLACK MOLD!!!

When they called the Klean Up Krew for an estimate, they decided it would be more financially viable to sell the place. After all, it is kinda like celebrity memorabilia and you know how everyone LOVES memorabilia!

Laura
Old 12-13-2004, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
I thought the house was very nice, great views, nice pool and a lot of spacious grounds, the styling of the house itself is wonderful but the interior furniture just doesn't fit with the property.. I also think it's filled with unnecessary furniture. All the rooms had the same tones which is good for continuity but you couldn't escape the theme, I'd have used more subtle colour shades and variety myself. Browns, whites and creams are good in that they don't tend to date, too many yellowish hues for me there though..

I'm sure it will sell though, plenty of rich tasteless people in California, one of them will buy it... I cannot picture LB having lived here as it stands right now... The interior is just not him..
Actually, forget the house..the wee poolside cabin would suit me just fine, I'm not into big and spacious, I'm more into compact..haha
I wonder how much the poolside area alone would cost?
Old 12-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That house is the most gorgeous thing. Would I love to have it.

Where is all this stuff coming from about Lindsey and Kristen splitting up?

One thing I am sure of is that Stevie would never break up a marriage. She's too conservative for that.

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 12-14-2004, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, I just got the link to work and was actually able to view the slideshow. It really is a beautiful house and very much a Spanish-motiff, as was mentioned. I love the pool!! The view is great. I prefer the evening view as I don't care to be reminded of what it was like to live in that smog. I wonder how big the parcel is. Didn't the T&C article say the house was a comfortable 4,000 square feet??

If I ever had to move back to LA, I would definitely do the room/cottage for rent thing, a la Kato Kalin. It would be worth it just to live in an envigorating environment. Here is a link just for fun...

http://www.4000rentals.com/californi...partments.html

Laura
Old 12-14-2004, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel
Okay, I just got the link to work and was actually able to view the slideshow. It really is a beautiful house and very much a Spanish-motiff, as was mentioned. I love the pool!! The view is great. I prefer the evening view as I don't care to be reminded of what it was like to live in that smog. ... Laura
The view is fab,esp at night, but don't you just want to take a chainsaw to that tree/bush, that is right in the middle!!! If it's not his, then he wants to do a midnight raid....
Old 12-17-2004, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Haha..did we really doubt LB's sense of house decoration...here's a quote from an old thread I did way back in 2002, about his starsign....

No matter how roughly countrified his home may appear, this person will have a “lace curtain” mentality. He likes frippery and his tastes run to the gaudy. Nowhere, in fact, is the L/O schizophrenia so obvious as in his home. The heavy and cumbersome side by side with the frivolous.

Aaaahhhh...and we knew it all along

ooh..and here's the link..http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=7845

Last edited by tuigirl; 12-17-2004 at 04:28 AM..
Old 01-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

In the most recent issue of Vanity Fair magazine, there is an article called Nightmare On Sunset about a recent string of home invasions in Bel Air, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades and Beverly Hills. According to the article the residents are ..."in the grip of a crime wave. Over the last year, masked crews-and one solo bandit known as the Bel Air Burglar-have made off with tens of millions in loot, leaving the LAPD stymied and vitims swapping theories about how the thieves know exactly when and where to strike.
(snip)
Overall, the LAPD likes to stress, serious crime in Los Angeles was down 13.6 percent in 2004 compared with the previous year. And of all the areas in the city's 468-square-mile sprawl, the star -studded neighborhoods of West LA are among the safest, monitored no only by several police forces but by private security compaies as well. Yet almost every day, it seems, ninja-like burglars, black-masked and black-grabed, are spotted climbing over security gates and recorded by surveillance cameras smashing rocks through plate-glass windows and prying open safes or simply ripping them out of walls and hauling them away.
(snip)
Like many of the victims interviewed by Vanity Fair, the doctor and his wife have since moved, in their case to a sleekly contemporary home in another neighborhood. They have a new maid and what they hope is better security.
(snip)
All year, other crews with M.O.'s of their own have hit hillside homes. There's the gang of three black burglars who specialize in heavy lifting; they cart of plasma TV's into waiting vans. "They walked out with a safe that weighed hundreds of pounds," recounts one LAPD detective, A Russian crew seems to case houses by working as air-conditioner installers-one couple returned hime from a trip to New York in April to find their house on Tower Road ransacked and $50,000 to $60,000 in jewlery stolen, just after air conditioners had been installed...
(snip)
Burglaries, as LAPD deputy chief Moore likes to point out, are a crime of property, usually committed when no one is home. Hardly anyone during this spree, he says, had been hurt. but that changed on July 28, when a maid and her husband who worked for singer John Ondrasik of the band Five for Fighting, had the bad luck to surprise an armed burglar at the singer's Encino Avenue home. The maid's husband, 44-year-old Carlos Canton, was stabbed several times by the intruder, who was described by the LAPD as wearing dark clothing, possibly a security guard uniform. Canton survived the assault but was badly hurt.
(snip)
Last summer, the homeowner's association of Brentwood Park sent out a routine newsletter that mentioned, in passing, that the neighborhood had experienced at least 25 recent burglaries north of Sunset, 8 south of Sunset, 6 "follow home" robberies (when a victim in a car is followed home and then robbed), and one attempted child abduction."

Not all of the victims names were disclosed in the article. Among those who were named were Loree Rodkin, Sheila Vance, Beatrice Niven, Paris Hilton and Davis Factor.
So, after reading this, I was just wonder if this could be the reason for the Buckinghams to sell their new house. If I was home alone with three children and my husband was on tour a lot, it would certainly make me think twice.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 01-09-2005 at 03:04 PM..
Old 01-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
In the most recent issue of Vanity Fair magazine, there is an article called Nightmare On Sunset about a recent string of home invasions in Bel Air, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades and Beverly Hills. According to the article the residents are ..."in the grip of a crime wave. Over the last year, masked crews-and one solo bandit known as the Bel Air Burglar-have made off with tens of millions in loot, leaving the LAPD stymied and vitims swapping theories about how the thieves know exactly when and where to strike.
(snip)
Overall, the LAPD likes to stress, serious crime in Los Angeles was down 13.6 percent in 2004 compared with the previous year. And of all the areas in the city's 468-square-mile sprawl, the star -studded neighborhoods of West LA are among the safest, monitored no only by several police forces but by private security compaies as well. Yet almost every day, it seems, ninja-like burglars, black-masked and black-grabed, are spotted climbing over security gates and recorded by surveillance cameras smashing rocks through plate-glass windows and prying open safes or simply ripping them out of walls and hauling them away.
(snip)
Like many of the victims interviewed by Vanity Fair, the doctor and his wife have since moved, in their case to a sleekly contemporary home in another neighborhood. They have a new maid and what they hope is better security.
(snip)
All year, other crews with M.O.'s of their own have hit hillside homes. There's the gang of three black burglars who specialize in heavy lifting; they cart of plasma TV's into waiting vans. "They walked out with a safe that weighed hundreds of pounds," recounts one LAPD detective, A Russian crew seems to case houses by working as air-conditioner installers-one couple returned hime from a trip to New York in April to find their house on Tower Road ransacked and $50,000 to $60,000 in jewlery stolen, just after air conditioners had been installed...
(snip)
Burglaries, as LAPD deputy chief Moore likes to point out, are a crime of property, usually committed when no one is home. Hardly anyone during this spree, he says, had been hurt. but that changed on July 28, when a maid and her husband who worked for singer John Ondrasik of the band Five for Fighting, had the bad luck to surprise an armed burglar at the singer's Encino Avenue home. The maid's husband, 44-year-old Carlos Canton, was stabbed several times by the intruder, who was described by the LAPD as wearing dark clothing, possibly a security guard uniform. Canton survived the assault but was badly hurt.
(snip)
Last summer, the homeowner's association of Brentwood Park sent out a routine newsletter that mentioned, in passing, that the neighborhood had experienced at least 25 recent burglaries north of Sunset, 8 south of Sunset, 6 "follow home" robberies (when a victim in a car is followed home and then robbed), and one attempted child abduction."

Not all of the victims names were disclosed in the article. Among those who were named were Loree Rodkin, Sheila Vance, Beatrice Niven, Paris Hilton and Davis Factor.
So, after reading this, I was just wonder if this could be the reason for the Buckinghams to sell their new house. If I was home alone with three children and my husband was on tour a lot, it would certainly make me think twice.
Considering the house is up for sale for $21 million, there is no way that home cost that much to build nor the property is worth that much. It almost sounds to me like they'd have to be selling it fully furnished to get that much. JMO.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Considering the house is up for sale for $21 million, there is no way that home cost that much to build nor the property is worth that much. It almost sounds to me like they'd have to be selling it fully furnished to get that much. JMO.
What does that have to do with the robberies though?
Old 01-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What does that have to do with the robberies though?
I'm saying I don't think it's because there were local robberies that they're selling. I could be wrong
Old 01-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yikes. I certainly hope that the Buckinghams weren't forced to give up a magnificent house they spent years building and customizing as well as a property Lindsey has owned for 20 years because of a spate of burglaries. That would be a real shame.

If that is the case, I imagine selling it for $21 mill is a bad idea. Who would want to pay that much for a house in a bad neighborhood? lol

Old 01-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
If that is the case, I imagine selling it for $21 mill is a bad idea. Who would want to pay that much for a house in a bad neighborhood? lol

Yeah, I agree. Not much of a selling point there. Sounds like he is going to have a tough time selling this house for that price.