The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i want that terrace overlooking your garden Michele.

somehow i can't imagine LB riding a tractor to mow the lawn in his gianormous meticulously designed garden... .
Old 05-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i want that terrace overlooking your garden Michele.

somehow i can't imagine LB riding a tractor to mow the lawn in his gianormous meticulously designed garden... .
Even as a boy, I wonder if Lindsey had chores growing up and I'd like to know what they were. Did he take out the garbage? Mow the grass? I'd ask him that if I ever got to interview him.

I know Javier said Lindsey's mom was nice and would always bring them lemonade when they came over, while Stevie's mom would ask why they didn't sign up for Vietnam. Barbara could afford to wonder that since her own son was younger than they were and she didn't have to worry about him enlisting yet.

I wonder if Barbara Nicks was as firm with Chris as she tried to be with Stevie or if it was one of those, "the dad coddles the girl, while the mother favors the boy" things.

Well, Rutheda had three boys. I wonder if she put them to work!

Michele
Old 05-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even as a boy, I wonder if Lindsey had chores growing up and I'd like to know what they were. Did he take out the garbage? Mow the grass? I'd ask him that if I ever got to interview him.

I know Javier said Lindsey's mom was nice and would always bring them lemonade when they came over, while Stevie's mom would ask why they didn't sign up for Vietnam. Barbara could afford to wonder that since her own son was younger than they were and she didn't have to worry about him enlisting yet.

I wonder if Barbara Nicks was as firm with Chris as she tried to be with Stevie or if it was one of those, "the dad coddles the girl, while the mother favors the boy" things.

Well, Rutheda had three boys. I wonder if she put them to work!

Michele
I've always wondered about Lindsey's mom. She interests me because she's Lindsey's mom. Like, she gave birth to that piece of hotness and was encouraging and supportive of him with his guitar. I'm sure she saw every temper tantrum, every chick, probably sighed when he got into trouble or even had to console him through some rather down situations. In pictures she seems so cute and bubbly looking.

CAH made him out to be such a momma's boy in a way. lol!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I've always wondered about Lindsey's mom. She interests me because she's Lindsey's mom. Like, she gave birth to that piece of hotness and was encouraging and supportive of him with his guitar. I'm sure she saw every temper tantrum, every chick, probably sighed when he got into trouble or even had to console him through some rather down situations. In pictures she seems so cute and bubbly looking.

Lindsey was the baby - I bet he was a Mama's boy and spoiled rotten.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Lindsey was the baby - I bet he was a Mama's boy and spoiled rotten.
I think he was spoiled too, probably not only by his parents, but his brothers as well. When you're only two years apart siblings can be friends/enemies/wrestling partners. But when you get a 5 year age gap or more, the older ones tend to give in to you just like the parents do. Though that's not true of my nieces, who are 5 years apart and still fight like cats and dogs.

Michele
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

"that piece of hotness" ? I swear to God that you are almost as in love with Lindsey as I am
Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he was spoiled too, probably not only by his parents, but his brothers as well. When you're only two years apart siblings can be friends/enemies/wrestling partners. But when you get a 5 year age gap or more, the older ones tend to give in to you just like the parents do. Though that's not true of my nieces, who are 5 years apart and still fight like cats and dogs.

Michele
Exactly. I can relate to him easily. 15 years between me and my closest sibling. It was awesome. And, my parents were older so much more mellow.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default this is today

Quote:
Buckingham Garden

Description
As you walk beneath the canopy of Chinese elms and a beautiful old Chinese flame tree which anchors the motor court of this Wallace Neff-inspired house, it would appear that all this has been here for generations. Both house and gardens are, in fact, only five years old. Turn to your right and enter a delightful, tiny potager complete with espaliered 'Anna' apples, herbs, and seasonal vegetables. As you continue along the gravel path, you arrive at the "sitting room" replete with fireplace, pergola, and furniture made for relaxing. Some pieces having been designed by the owner, Kristen Buckingham. Coast live oaks grace the lawn's edge which leads to the pool and pool house, framed by eugenia hedges, Eureka lemons, and cassia trees. Continue past the dining pavilion and wander through the boxwood-lined cutting gardens filled with roses, Iceland poppies, and a magnificent collection of dahlias of every hue. Finally, the white garden filled with everything fragrant, Michelia champaca, datura, gardenias, and heliotropes completes the tour. This garden was designed by Acanthus Design and Sally Paul Design.

http://www.gardenconservancy.org/ope...kingham-garden
spotted a tweet few hrs ago - among all the SNL ones - that somebody is walking through buckingham garden... but can't find it right now.

meanwhile lindsey was spotted enjoying his day in NYC
Old 05-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
spotted a tweet few hrs ago - among all the SNL ones - that somebody is walking through buckingham garden... but can't find it right now.

Aha. So, he's still back east. Interesting.

Michele
Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aha. So, he's still back east. Interesting.

Michele
That means he's only 3000 miles away from me right now
Old 05-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I can't believe no one on this board went and walked through Lindsey's yard!!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i know! all these people living in LA, some visiting that showroom etc... but not interested in a nice leisurely stroll through some pretty garden(s)?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know there would be no reason to and there would be no one around but tour volunteers, but I would have felt self-conscious. Michele
Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know there would be no reason to and there would be no one around but tour volunteers, but I would have felt self-conscious. Michele
I just wanted some pictures of the shrubs. LOL.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
should have used it as a nice exercise - from pics that yard is huge. plus you'd be donating money for charity. all positive things.