User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Looking for this picture caused me to find one of my all time favorite pictures of her:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...EQzxLNeNtz2TI=
Jannie, like michelle2677 said, "this doesn't even look like her!" Look at that nose. That is not the nose of Stevie Nicks. To me it looks like some wanna be male- Stevie impersonator.
If it is Stevie, this is one of the worst photos I have ever seen.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:56 AM
badanimals87
This message has been deleted by badanimals87. Reason: already stated
Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Stevie may now have help with her makeup on tour, but I bet she does most of it herself, if not all of it. It's a Gemini thing, not that I believe in all that...
ooh, please elaborate. i'm a gemini and i don't let ANYONE do my makeup
Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Jannie, like michelle2677 said, "this doesn't even look like her!" Look at that nose. That is not the nose of Stevie Nicks. To me it looks like some wanna be male- Stevie impersonator.
you just ruined her dream. i can't even imagine how upset i would be if i found out my favorite pic of her wasn't even her
Old 09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
you just ruined her dream. i can't even imagine how upset i would be if i found out my favorite pic of her wasn't even her
Now you know how I feel about the song Do I Bring You Down.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Actually, I'm pretty certain it is her - that photo (or one very, very similar) was used on one of her Super Stars Music Trading Cards back in the day. A quick Google search did not turn up a photo of the actual card, but I have one in my scrapbook.

It's possible that it's not real, of course - maybe the card manufacturer made a mistake or maybe used it instead of paying for permission to use a real copyrighted image, but I dunno.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered

Quote:
ooh, please elaborate. i'm a gemini and i don't let ANYONE do my makeup
Wow, never thought anyone would ever ask me to elaborate!
I'm a Gemini also, and know several, and none of us like to be overly touched about, primped over, especially about our faces or eyes, however is the best way to say it that I can't think of. I also hate to get a massage, and other Gemini's I've known didn't like them, either. Most people seem to like to be. You?
Gemini's I've known also seem to feel we know best what works for us with our 'presentation'- be it hair, clothing, shoes, how we're photographed. Of course, there's exceptions, and I really don't believe in astrology, but I've noticed certain coincidences. And yes, there's the dual thing, or contradictions I think we're more prone to. Uh, if I thought that
One more: I think a Gemini thinks about things from every angle, over-thinks .

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-16-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm a Gemini also, and know several, and none of us like to be overly touched about, primped over, especially about our faces or eyes, however is the best way to say it that I can't think of. I also hate to get a massage, and other Gemini's I've known didn't like them, either. Most people seem to like to be. You?
Gemini's I've known also seem to feel we know best what works for us with our 'presentation'- be it hair, clothing, shoes, how we're photographed. Of course, there's exceptions, and I really don't believe in astrology, but I've noticed certain coincidences. And yes, there's the dual thing, or contradictions I think we're more prone to. Uh, if I thought that
I am a Gemini and I love having somebody do my hair, make-up etc but I know what you mean. I used to hate massages but then after having them free at a job I worked at, I now love them. You are totally right about us Gemini's over thinking. I do that with everything and its annoying!
Lol I am definitley always contradicting myself. Half the time I dont even realize I am doing it.

I found this online and this is so like me its scary:
GEMINI - The Chatterbox
Smart and witty. Outgoing, very chatty. Lively, energetic. Adaptable but needs to express themselves. Argumentative and outspoken. Likes change. Versatile. Busy, sometimes nervous and tense. Gossips. May seem superficial or inconsistent, but is only changeable. Beautiful physically and mentally.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Actually, I'm pretty certain it is her - that photo (or one very, very similar) was used on one of her Super Stars Music Trading Cards back in the day. A quick Google search did not turn up a photo of the actual card, but I have one in my scrapbook.

It's possible that it's not real, of course - maybe the card manufacturer made a mistake or maybe used it instead of paying for permission to use a real copyrighted image, but I dunno.
It is her. It's a Tango-era pic that was used for the OSOTM-tourbook. The bigger pic in the tourbook doesn't look that weird.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 09-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dream not ruined. I think she looks lovely in the picture (though I do admit her nose looks a little "off" and would love a clearer scan).
Old 09-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dream not ruined. I think she looks lovely in the picture (though I do admit her nose looks a little "off" and would love a clearer scan).
Looks sorta like Bekka Bramlett to me...

Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i looks like a painting...
and it was on a tshirt for TOSOTM tour

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/kyuss1973/P1610513.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEVIE-NICKS-Vin...#ht_3050wt_911

Last edited by SuiteShangriLa; 09-16-2010 at 06:28 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Looks sorta like Bekka Bramlett to me...

Okay now I'm starting to think you're all trying to kill this photo for me!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i'm not big into astrology either, but i do find that i fit the gemini descripton 99% of the time and this is one more thing to add to it.

i'm not big on massages, and i don't like to have my hair washed either. like when you get your hair cut? i also don't like anyone fixing my hair, and again-doing my makeup is a big no-no. not that i do it so spectacularly. but at least i only have myself to blame lol
Old 09-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

"I'm so ****in' metal even my scarf is metal!"
Old 09-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay now I'm starting to think you're all trying to kill this photo for me!