Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
That's Lindsey's prom date. She just looks older there because it was '66 and that's how people wore their hair back then, lol. Here's the whole photo:

lindsey, your date woof!!!!!!!!!!!!!~
Old 07-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
There was a video for the song and Stevie is driving the car. I had it on a videotape from years ago but I doubt that I would ever be able to find it now.
god i would love to see this, if it is out there anywhere~ i keep seeing the walter egan video "magnet & steel" & you can hear stevie's voice, but she isn't in the video~
Old 07-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6
god i would love to see this, if it is out there anywhere~ i keep seeing the walter egan video "magnet & steel" & you can hear stevie's voice, but she isn't in the video~

It is out there somewhere. Didn't Walter comment that Stevie did not have her glasses on while driving (really smart idea) and she was side swipping cars?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6
well there was don felder & timothy b schmidt along w/ henley walsh & frey~
Walsh and Schmidt aren't in that pic - it's the original line-up.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
It is out there somewhere. Didn't Walter comment that Stevie did not have her glasses on while driving (really smart idea) and she was side swipping cars?
i am on a quest to see this now!!!!~ toooo funny!!!!~
Old 07-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I was comparing what Lindsey did to say Mick or Don Henley. You cannot even compare his loyalty to them. I said he wrote some sarcastic lyrics but writing is the way he expressed what he was feeling and he never ran around saying the lyrics were about Stevie to make her look foolish. As for the kicking incident, I can see the difference in what he does in a drunken incident compared to how he normally handles the situation. Not taking the Belladonna album was to hurt STEVIE and she is the one running around telling the story to the press. I am specifically talking about how he talks about her publically. Calling her show a lounge act ripped off from FM is not anywhere near the same as saying she had an abortion and named a song for the spirit of a dead baby. Saying he would never go back to FM is not the same as saying they had an affair on the road.

BTW...Lindsey has even said that the kicking, mocking incident was "something coming through the veneer"....
Others don't, but I see the difference. I wouldn't equate anything LB ever did or said in the same category as her beloved Joe telling Howard Stern that Stevie was just a piece of a** to him. If I remember correctly he called her just a road f***. She wanted to give up her solo career for that? I see the Bella Donna incident differently, too. If Stevie fans think LB was rude to show disinterest when she gave him that album, what do you think it was like for him to have to take it? To me, she was being extremely insensitive not only handing him BD while they were working together, but made matters worse by telling the world of her percieved slight when he reacted in a way she didn't understand. Here is my new solo record I made without any help from you. Nevermind I slept with at least a half dozen men who did help me. I hope you like it anyway. I gave you my autograph and wrote some nice things, so don't be jealous of me if it becomes a hit and I have to do more without you and sleep with the rest of the music industry in preparation for my follow up albums. I who never said goodbye as I slipped away...but I gave you my #1 album to remember me by.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 07-04-2005 at 01:26 PM..
Old 07-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Yikes

Joe said those things about Stevie? I've never heard that. Blergh. If he's the love of her life and he said that...just ugh.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
Others don't, but I see the difference. I wouldn't equate anything LB ever did or said in the same category as her beloved Joe telling Howard Stern that Stevie was just a piece of a** to him. If I remember correctly he called her just a road f***. She wanted to give up her solo career for that? I see the Bella Donna incident differently, too. If Stevie fans think LB was rude to show disinterest when she gave him that album, what do you think it was like for him to have to take it? To me, she was being extremely insensitive not only handing him BD while they were working together, but made matters worse by telling the world of her percieved slight when he reacted in a way she didn't understand. Here is my new solo record I made without any help from you. Nevermind I slept with at least a half dozen men who did help me. I hope you like it anyway. I gave you my autograph and wrote some nice things, so don't be jealous of me if it becomes a hit and I have to do more without you and sleep with the rest of the music industry in preparation for my follow up albums. I who never said goodbye as I slipped away...but I gave you my #1 album to remember me by.

I think her giving him BD and writing something personal on it was her way of reaching out to him - it seems she is always trying to soothe or placate him and he just acts like an ass If he had any manners, he would have said "thank you" - instead, always the "all about me" artist Though I really like LB, I did not admire his actions in this time period - then again, I am not really one for jealousy and I think he had plenty of it then and on many levels.

On edit - I get that LB was going through a lot in his own life and seeing La Nicks continue to become a far larger star than him must have been very hard to take, esp. since his crafting of her rough original songs got her there (though CM, KM, and MF certainly and significantly added and enhanced) - it must also have been hard to be eschewed for other and equally as singnificatly talented men, esp. when he was not really nice to her, but in many ways needed her in his stardom. But, in this period, he just seemed to outrageously smug and supercilious - I just found it unbecoming. So sue me

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 07-04-2005 at 01:42 PM..
Old 07-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Joe said those things about Stevie? I've never heard that. Blergh. If he's the love of her life and he said that...just ugh.

a google of "joe walsh" "stevie nicks" "howard stern" "road ****" reveals no results. I would like to see the interview though - anyone got a copy?

Old 07-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Not to mitigate it but he was probably drunk. Ever hear some of his live performances? His singing is quite...slurry.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Not to mitigate it but he was probably drunk. Ever hear some of his live performances? His singing is quite...slurry.

If he said it during those days then it is highly likely it was sour grapes and not the truth. But, I will reserve judgement until I see or hear the interview

Old 07-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I think her giving him BD and writing something personal on it was her way of reaching out to him - it seems she is always trying to soothe or placate him and he just acts like an ass If he had any manners, he would have said "thank you" - instead, always the "all about me" artist Though I really like LB, I did not admire his actions in this time period - then again, I am not really one for jealousy and I think he had plenty of it then and on many levels.
I agree with everything you said and point out it also applies just as much to Stevie in this time period as LB. Nobody wants to call that out, especially your "all about me" artist comment. You want to perceive her giving him BD as an act of reaching out, not as an act of it's all about me. That's becasue you see her from the "Stevie wonder" eyes of a solo career fan. I was a fan of her in the band first. I saw her going solo differently at the time. It made no sense to me why she would take that record to an FM session and give it to him like that. If she meant it soley as an act of reaching out, she would have said something about it ahead of time and given it to him privately in a non emotional setting, and then not bitched about it publicly if he didn't behave the way she wanted him to. What was she thinking? My guess is, as usual, Stevie was not thinking, at least not about anybody but herself. It was very insensitive of her not to see how hurtful that was. He didn't say anything bad or mean to her. He just didn't react and left the record behind, according to her. I'd say if that's all he did that day they're both better off. Of course his ultimate reaction in my view was Gypsy, the song that cemented her 80's image in the public mind forever (more than anything she did in her solo career), but nobody sees his work on that as having any merit anyway so...

Last edited by glitter_fades; 07-04-2005 at 01:59 PM..
Old 07-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
I agree with everything you said and point out it also applies just as much to Stevie in this time period as LB. Nobody wants to call that out, especially your "all about me" artist comment. You want to perceive her giving him BD as an act of reaching out, not as an act of it's all about me. That's becasue you see her from the "Stevie wonder" eyes of a solo career fan. I was a fan of her in the band first. I saw her going solo differently at the time. It made no sense to me why she would take that record to an FM session and give it to him like that. If she meant it soley as an act of reaching out, she would have said something about it ahead of time and given it to him privately in a non emotional setting, and then not bitched about it publicly if he didn't behave the way she wanted him to. What was she thinking? My guess is, as usual, Stevie was not thinking, at least not about anybody but herself. It was very insensitive of her not to see how hurtful that was. He didn't say anything bad or mean to her. He just didn't react and left the record behind, according to her. I'd say if that's all he did that day they're both better off. Of course his ultimate reaction in my view was Gypsy, the song that cemented her 80's image in the public mind forever (more than anything she did in her solo career), but nobody sees that having any merit anyway so...

I do not see the world through the "'Stevie wonder' eyes of a solo career fan" - once again (and pay attention this ninth time ) - I have actively followed her since she joined FM - so please stop saying that as you are repeatdly incorrect for doing so.

But, I do think you never cut Stevie any slack and think she for the most part is self-serving, conniving and opportunistic - attributes you rarely are willing to put on anyone else in FM - at least and readily as you seemingly gleefully run to label La Nicks I mean it sort of is beyond you that La Nicks could possibly have been trying to be nice by giving him a copy of the record personally instead of him hearing it on the radio, etc. I also think she knew it was hurtful no matter what she did, so she chose that way, but I think she was not purposfully mean for doing it that way - in other words, anywhere she gave it to him would have been a tense moment.

Also, I cannot find the quotes about the whole her giving her Bella Donna record to him. I need to re-read them. Do you have them? If so, please post them

Old 07-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do not see the world through the "'Stevie wonder' eyes of a solo career fan" - once again (and pay attention this ninth time ) - I have actively followed her since she joined FM - so please stop saying that as you are repeatdly incorrect for doing so.

But, I do think you never cut Stevie any slack and think she for the most part is self-serving, conniving and opportunistic - attributes you rarely are willing to put on anyone else in FM - at least and readily as you seemingly gleefully run to label La Nicks I mean it sort of is beyond you that La Nicks could possibly have been trying to be nice by giving him a copy of the record personally instead of him hearing it on the radio, etc. I also think she knew it was hurtful no matter what she did, so she chose that way, but I think she was not purposfully mean for doing it that way - in other words, anywhere she gave it to him would have been a tense moment.

Also, I cannot find the quotes about the whole her giving her Bella Donna record to him. I need to re-read them. Do you have them? If so, please post them
Not to sound rude, but I don't keep quotes. I don't need them. I know what I heard and read when I read it. If people don't want other fan's impressions of events as they happened, that's cool. People can continue to piece together old quotes from the past to get what they think is an authentic view of these people and the events surrounding their careers. Works for most fans but not me, especially when it comes to Stevie quotes.

As for my view, you are telling me what I think again. OK, you are not mostly a fan of Stevie as a solo? I don't know how I got that idea, but I apologize for my mistake. It doesn't negate my view that you have an overly protective reaction to any criticism of Stevie and you never want to believe her motives are anything but sincere, heartfelt, and never self-serving. That's a lot different than saying I believe she is never that way, which is not true. She has a very big heart and I know she thinks her views and feelings are true and honest. I just believe she is, or was, a confused person and a lot of her behavior across the years shows that. I'd also say the same for the rest of FM, but that would not be a big deal to you. I criticize everyone in the band, but you only get your panites in a wad when the critique falls on La Nicks in some slight. Can't do anything about that.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"I took Lindsey in a copy of the record right when it was fresh off the press and I signed it and said a lot of really wonderful things to him. And I set it up on the console, and he moved it and put it down on the floor, just kinda leaning against one of the steps in the studio room. And I watched him all day long, I watched him from like three in the afternoon until three or four the next morning, and he walked right out of that room without the record and I never forgave him for that."