Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I can't argue with that. I like Teresa, but in my opinion Laura Bush is far prettier (not including her mannerisms).

- Jake
Bwaaah! Oops, sorry.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I brought the South Beach Diet book home from the library the other day. I'm 175 right now, and I'd really like to lose about 10-15 lbs. (although my friends & family are insisting I don't need to), and I was totally prepared to give this a try. But there's no way I can follow a meal-by-meal, day-by-day, planned-out-for-you diet... even if that part is only for two weeks.

So I've decided to just continue eating what I want to eat, but cut down on my portions. And NO second-helpings.
I think I may incorporate some of the South Beach philosophies into that idea though (ie: those from the Foods To Enjoy and Foods To Avoid section).
Jump rope. It works. I do it in the driveway.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

Guess who they're courting to replace Ditka?!

TED NUGENT!

http://www.nbc5.com/sports/3528603/d...94&dppid=65194
Guess they haven't figured out "Motor City Madman" indicates he's from Detroit, irregardless of where he was born. Too many underage girls in that closet. He disgusts me.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So I don't have to follow the Phase One Meal Plan for each of those 14 days (pages 112-125)?
If I don't, then it would certainly be more do-able.
I've got my book out just for you, darling. On pages 126-127 are the lists of foods you can eat on Phase 1 and a list of food you can't eat. Anything listed as something you can eat can be eaten however you want and whenever you want; you DON'T have to follow the meal plans, those are just suggestions. For example, I used to have four turkey roll-ups for breakfast each morning because I detest eggs. I used a big leaf of lettuce for the "wrap" and rolled up low-fat turkey and block cheddar cheese in the lettuce. For lunch, I had a HUGE salad with low-fat ranch (try Wishbone or Hidden Valley, those are the best low-fat ones, the rest suck), a grilled chicken breast, and ton of nuts. Dinner could be a 15oz steak if you want, but I just had cheesburgers without the bun and the ketchup. You can do whatever you want with the food, you don't have to follow any sort of plan.

Quote:
Although I have to admit that I am a little bitter about the fact that I wouldn't be able to eat pizza or spaghetti for two weeks though, and only occassionally afterwards (you do NOT tell an Italian man that he can't have pizza or pasta, unless you're in the market for some cement shoes).
I don't like pasta, so it wasn't hard for me to give it up. The only time I crave pizza is when I see a Papa Johns commercial!!!!!

Old 07-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
What is Sommersweet? I don't eat anything that was made in a labratory. I haven't for years now. I can taste it in my mouth for days after.
Suzzane's very own artificial sweetener, brought to you by the kind folks at the Home Shopping Network.