User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
Suze, if you don't want to go to meetings, think about their online program. You get the points information and a computer program or whatever to help track your food. The boards are great, too, for questions and just general support.

I was always a little weirded out going to meetings because I was going by myself, and I was always BY FAR the youngest person in there. The other women were always soccer moms or grannies. My leader was a total lush and they would all look at the two of us like we were crazy for saving our flex points for liquor.
Thanks Hayley. I could use the support.

In other news, my breasts have shrunk. Oh lord why have you cursed me in this way?
Old 03-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Oh, and I'm getting my period, so I'm allotting about 10 pounds to water weight.
Are you serious? 10 pounds. I always figured about 5 lbs. I guess every woman's different, but what is sort of the norm?

Old 03-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Are you serious? 10 pounds. I always figured about 5 lbs. I guess every woman's different, but what is sort of the norm?
She's inspired me to figure in 20 lbs!

seriously, though, like 3-5, maybe.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When people talk about a five pounds weight gain, I always have to wonder if they are maintaining all equals. In other words, If I weighed myself after drinking lots of water, eating lunch, and prior to a bowel movement, I am sure I would be five or more pounds heavier than the last time, if I these factors were not present. In other words, consistency with the variables is a significant thing if you are talking only five pounds.

P.S. - did I just say bowel movement on The Ledge

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

NO, I'm not serious!!! But I like to think that could be true.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
When people talk about a five pounds weight gain, I always have to wonder if they are maintaining all equals. In other words, If I weighed myself after drinking lots of water, eating lunch, and prior to a bowel movement, I am sure I would be five or more pounds heavier than the last time, if I these factors were not present. In other words, consistency with the variables is a significant thing if you are talking only five pounds.

P.S. - did I just say bowel movement on The Ledge
I know what you mean, but I always weigh myself on the same scale, same time of day, before meals.

One time a former coworker of mine weighed herself before & after she pooped. She lost 3.5 pounds.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know what you mean, but I always weigh myself on the same scale, same time of day, before meals.

One time a former coworker of mine weighed herself before & after she pooped. She lost 3.5 pounds.
One word - FIBER.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
**runs to bathroom**

Old 03-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
One word - FIBER.
this is one thing I need to work on. I really need more fiber in my diet. I've been trying those fiber chewable things and they are ok, but I still wonder if I'm getting enough fiber...
Old 03-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
this is one thing I need to work on. I really need more fiber in my diet. I've been trying those fiber chewable things and they are ok, but I still wonder if I'm getting enough fiber...
Jason, all I can say is, Fuji apples. Get yourself some and chow down.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
Jason, all I can say is, Fuji apples. Get yourself some and chow down.

five grams per apple, baybee!!!! Oh, by the way, everyone, even though I've been eating relatively a lot, and not exercising as much the past three weeks - I've lost another 2 pounds....and it's right before my "friend" and still my weight went down... I can only think it's the coconut oil.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 03-20-2006 at 06:21 PM..
Old 03-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
One word - FIBER.
LMAO - self propelled on the way there

Also - raw veggies or, to a lesser extent, steamed veggies, esp. brocoli, will move ya with ease Of course, you will have few friends who want to be around you

Basically, I eat:

a bowl of Kashi "Go Lean" with a little 1% milk for breakfast

I have a protein shake (ISS Advantage Matrix is the best taking I have found ) at around 10:00

I have a small steak, pulled pork (dry), or a chiken breast with steamed veggies for lunch - or a salad with one of these meats.

Another protein shake at around 4:00

I have a small steak, pulled pork (dry), or a chiken breast with steamed veggies for lunch - or a salad with one of these meats.

This is a usual day, but I go off of it every now and then, like the other day when I wanted masan (sp.?) chicken at my fav. Thai place. I also hit the popcorn at the movies at least once a week. I mean ya gotta live and a strict diet will not last long for me

I usually head to the gym at around 4:30 or later, where I hit the weights for an hour and then do cardio for an hour or more. But, I skip some days - again, ya gotta live Also, if you are not a gym person, do some push ups at your house. Start small - say with 10 - and work your way up in reps.; you'll be up to 25 and then 50 in no time. Also, walk around the block - start at a slow pace and increase it and the distance.

Anyway - my $0.02

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone try those All Bran granola bars. Very very fiber-y and actually pretty tasty.

I've found that since I've moved closer to work and consequently walk most days, I've been in probably the best shape I've ever been in. Not a gym person, never will be. So slip on your Prada Sport and get moving, guys!

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking

WOW! I am so impressed with all of ya'll...I have just lost 50 lbs myself but I didn't actually do anything to do it. Unfortunately, my friends heard me talk about my "Topamax Diet" for my migraines and it's all the rage now. Especially since it happened in 5 months or so...but once I reach my ideal weight my body will stop, and I will actually have to follow your advice and work on it myself. Being a biologist, I should be better at this diet thing since I know all about the glycolytic pathway and all the secrets of metabolism...BUT I don't practice what I preach to my students in my courses. Who has time for 5 small meals a day? I barely have time for 3!

Image hosting by Photobucket

We didn't inherit the Earth from our parents...
it was loaned to us by our children!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Old 03-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a warning to those increasing the fiber - you also need to increase your fluids, or the fiber could actually cause constipation.

Jason - a lot of "diet" foods are fortified with extra fiber. It's like Weight Watchers thinking - if an item has more fiber, it's fewer points than one without fiber. WW yogurt has fiber in it, so do most "light" breads. Fresh fruits & raw veggies are always best, of course.