The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, here's my thoughts on all the pics from that article (thanks CAD as always!)...I know y'all were sitting here waiting for my opinions of course.

Really pretty cover. Very professional.

That dog is NOT cute to me, but I have a dog bias so don't pay me any mind. All that hair...probably takes more trips to the salon than an average woman. And I LOVE the Asian artwork and the table.

I'm sorry, I just can't with this room. All those freaking pictures wallpapered like that...it just screams pretentious to me. I also would like to know how one is to not feel like they have to walk very carefully while in this room...I mean, even if very securely hung I would still feel paranoid. This is one of those KB designs I can't stand...and the lamp...

How do I put this nicely? That dress sucks. I love the wall painting and furniture though. Kristen, doll, you look so uncomfortable. It's the dress. How much you want to bet it's like $800...

It's all REALLY pretty. Is that LB's studio? Probably so. I imagine nothing but the best for the master.

There's parts of the stuff here I like. I love that kitchen cabinet thing- whatever you call it. It's beautiful. I like the red table because I'm not adverse to some color here and there. And her studio is pretty neat. Kristen looks very cool in this pic- sort of like LB's style feminized...

Leelee sits like a little lady, Stella is adorable, and I can't really say anything about Will except his hair is ALL LINDSEY BABY!!!! Kristen looks very California cool and LB looks like he's got a lot to be proud of. Sweet pic.

Which Stevie video was this taken from?

See, this right here looks like a nice set-up. I like it.

Very pretty pic. Best one here, but why so light?

Ok, that is all I have to say about those piccies. Thanks again for the article, which I didn't really read too well but still enjoyed the pics.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

I stopped and stared at this thinking the same thing!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is one of those KB designs I can't stand...and the lamp...

It's eerily similar to the 2 lamps in the bedroom. Guess she got them at a fire sale. Like the fact that she saves Lindsey money.

Michele
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't believe poodles are hard to maintain when they are au naturale, like that. I think it's only when you start dandying them up for show that they are HIGH maintenance. But, I could definitely be wrong, owning a custom blend Beagle-Yellow lab mix, who basically just needs brushing and a good soapy sponge once in a while.

House is HIGH maintance, though. They must have someone in every day to dust the chatchkas (and, with few exceptions, it's kind of ugly, too).

And, even though she's young and pretty, those pictures of her are GREATLY photoshopped. What is it with these magazines? Are they totally against ANY lines on anyone's faces?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
And, even though she's young and pretty, those pictures of her are GREATLY photoshopped. What is it with these magazines? Are they totally against ANY lines on anyone's faces?
Yes, that's what they do. I was thinking that may be what's giving her the "dead in the eyes" look because she really doesn't look anything like that in candid pics, I don't think:

^ LOVE LB's face there.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, that's what they do. I was thinking that may be what's giving her the "dead in the eyes" look because she really doesn't look anything like that in candid pics, I don't think:

^ LOVE LB's face there.
That's so funny. I just saw that picture (and a few others from the tennis match) today, during a random search for...something? don't even remember what I was looking for.
But, yeah. I've seen her "live," and she HAS lines. 11-year olds HAVE lines. Cartoons, for the most part, don't. I think that's what they are going for. The Barbie cartoon look.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kristen got the Cybill Shepherd treatment, huh?
Honestly, for all that photoshop, I don't think these photos are especially flattering. Kristen is a lovely woman, but her face is most beautiful when it's in motion. These blank expressions make her features a little hard.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh, Nico....come on, hon -- it's time to go upstairs.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Is this the same staircase?

Old 09-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like it. Can you imagine the racket the kids must make on all those hardwood floors?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In the other picture we had from their backyard, Stella was precariously positioned on the car with Will and I was afraid she might break her neck.

In the picture above, Lindsey is probably talking to her (that's why her head is turned in that direction) and making the helpful suggestion that she go stand in the car!

Michele
Old 09-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
How do I put this nicely? That dress sucks. I love the wall painting and furniture though. Kristen, doll, you look so uncomfortable. It's the dress. How much you want to bet it's like $800...
One more snip will have Kristen passing for the Barbi Twins long lost triplet.
I don't like the mural.
Aren't chairs meant to go just to or under a chair rail?
If those sockets are necessary, they should be the color of the wall not white.
Toe thong sandals are not attractive whatsoever when paired with a satin bowed silk robe.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I the only one who thinks she looks great in that expensive dress pic?

I'm not talking about from a fashion POV, or whatever, just a "Hey baby!" perspective. And I'm 25 and married :P

My favourite comment is about her being the feminine version of LB. I can really see it, and it would go with all the songs he's written about them clashing or having differences (which is perfectly natural, BTW).

I think the house is pretty special. A little bit excessive, but they're rich and she's a designer. To be honest, it was far LESS excessive and overblown than I was expecting. Kudos to them for keeping it real. The design really complements LB's style IMO. A bit normal, then a bit crazy, with a almost mythological and unknown quality to it. Stars really are crazy.. in the best way.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Am I the only one who thinks she looks great in that expensive dress pic?
I'm not talking about from a fashion POV, or whatever, just a "Hey baby!" perspective. And I'm 25 and married :P

My favourite comment is about her being the feminine version of LB. I can really see it, and it would go with all the songs he's written about them clashing or having differences (which is perfectly natural, BTW).

I think the house is pretty special. A little bit excessive, but they're rich and she's a designer. To be honest, it was far LESS excessive and overblown than I was expecting. Kudos to them for keeping it real. The design really complements LB's style IMO. A bit normal, then a bit crazy, with a almost mythological and unknown quality to it. Stars really are crazy.. in the best way.
I love her outfit!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Bahaha! One of my favourite Lindsey pictures purely for that face. That boy certainly has annoyed Mr. Buckingham on a grand scale. Love it!