The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ok now that I know you're a guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Id be careful about what polls you buy into...

last polls that I looked at were the polls last novemeber that showed John Kerry winning the Presidential race by a landslide
Yes. those were EXIT polls, taken as voters emerged from voting booths.
you need to read an article I posted by a statistician that showed Kerry should have won. You also need to look at a few older posts detailing the systematic tampering with E-voting machines, the degradation of voting procedures, the shameful interference with access, the bullying the lack of machines in democratic precincts, and on and on and on.
Kerry should have won. and the Democratic party missed a golden oppourtunity to shine the harsh light of truth on Republican shenanigans. I am ashamed of the collective cowardice (except for Barbara Boxer et al)
but I am even MORE appalled at the depths to which the Republican party will stoop to further its slimy agenda.
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
You are just saying the same thing over and over. Just have legal documentation. Period. There's no gay/straight issue there.

I'm beginning to get upset with all this "I'm gay so I can't do it" bull****. If you are not intelligent enough to cover your ass.....

Sheesh, Curtis, are you saying that someone should be punished for not being wise enough to cover their ass in case of a medical emergency?
In their 20s and 30s, how many people seriously realize the need to cover all legal bases to prepare for a potential medical emergency? Many people don't think of these things even into their 50s!

I'm not saying it's not unwise to be unprepared, I'm just pointing out the double-standard in the legal system, which, in MOST cases, has built-in legal protection for heterosexual spouses, but absolutely no built-in protection for same-sex mates.

EQUAL rights, is all I'm asking. Not special treatment.

And I honest to God hope that you're always one step ahead of everything, and always anticipate every single obstacle you might encounter in life, because I really would hate to see you, or anyone, caught unprepared for something they had never even anticipated.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Jesusland and the United States of Canada? I just might have to because I'm beginning to be just as ashamed of this country as Curtis.

Welcome aboard! How things have changed! I used to love this place. 4 years can make a huge difference.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
OK...This thread is getting too heated even for the Floridian over here.

Brwn_eyes0511 be careful. The issue of religion/Homosexuality hits alot of nerves on this board.

I have made MANY gay friends on these boards, and as to not upset friendships in any way, I do not discuss that subject any more on these boards.

~Alex
I know, we have already talked about this. And I'm trying to aviod it as well! I would really like to get back onto the topic of the column...Mr. Dan Rather and the "wonderful" C-BS!
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
....Atheist get married. Even though they don't believe in God it is okay because it is a man and woman?
Good point, but don't forget that people who cannot birth children also marry. I hope they don't have wild sex on their wedding night because sex is for procreation purposes only, according to the good book.

Old 01-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Welcome aboard! How things have changed! I used to love this place. 4 years can make a huge difference.
I have news for you, 4 years ago gay marriages were just as sparse as they are now. You can't blame the voice of America on one leader!
Old 01-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Diss

Quote:
When did those two lap dogs cross over into respectability?
Remember, I am talking about the Republican party here!

You are more than welcome to insert any Republicans you feel are respectable, my point was, lets not use the likes of shock talk garbage-mongers such as Hannity, Limbaugh and Coulter

but you knew that! you're just being a butt
Old 01-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
Yes. those were EXIT polls, taken as voters emerged from voting booths.
you need to read an article I posted by a statistician that showed Kerry should have won. You also need to look at a few older posts detailing the systematic tampering with E-voting machines, the degradation of voting procedures, the shameful interference with access, the bullying the lack of machines in democratic precincts, and on and on and on.
Kerry should have won. and the Democratic party missed a golden oppourtunity to shine the harsh light of truth on Republican shenanigans. I am ashamed of the collective cowardice (except for Barbara Boxer et al)
but I am even MORE appalled at the depths to which the Republican party will stoop to further its slimy agenda.
But see, if John Kerry would have one you would not be "crying" over this supposed injustice. What has happened in America where people just can't admitt...hey...your team lost!
Old 01-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Com'on now you have to "the map" don't lie!!!

It paints a clear picture in Red and a slight touch of Blue.
Yeah, you'll see it if Diss pulls it out. It shows the gaping hole in the middle of America that the coasties do not understand at all.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The KKK is an insane group which is not even worthy of comparison to christians who don't support gay marriage. KKK is based soley on HATE! No one race is better than the other. Neither to is one human being better than another (straight or gay) BUT...the sanctity of marriage, for christians (the majority of this country), has and always will be between a man and a woman a special union for a man and a woman as God intended it. That doesnt mean that I think any less of gay people AS human beings.
I love people who tell me they don't think any less of me because I'm gay... so long as I don't have the same rights they do.

I think I prefer it when folks just plain hate me all around... at least I know where I stand with them.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But see, if John Kerry would have one you would not be "crying" over this supposed injustice. What has happened in America where people just can't admitt...hey...your team lost!
No - we wouldn't be "crying" because that means that things would have gone as they were supposed to with no tampering or unfair practices...try and keep up will ya?
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

Sheesh, Curtis, are you saying that someone should be punished for not being wise enough to cover their ass in case of a medical emergency?
In their 20s and 30s, how many people seriously realize the need to cover all legal bases to prepare for a potential medical emergency? Many people don't think of these things even into their 50s!
Hence, the importance of a good education. No one knows about. It should be included at some point in the cirriculum.

Quote:
EQUAL rights, is all I'm asking. Not special treatment.
The problem is we are saying, "We want equal rights, like heterosexuals do." We should be saying, "We want equal rights because we are Americans." For me, that's a difference. We are separating ourselves out...which makes us look like we want special treatment. IMO.

Quote:
And I honest to God hope that you're always one step ahead of everything, and always anticipate every single obstacle you might encounter in life, because I really would hate to see you, or anyone, caught unprepared for something they had never even anticipated.
The only people in my life of that high of importance at this moment are my parents. If/when the need arises for a partner to be included, he sure will be.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
Remember, I am talking about the Republican party here!

You are more than welcome to insert any Republicans you feel are respectable, my point was, lets not use the likes of shock talk garbage-mongers such as Hannity, Limbaugh and Coulter

but you knew that! you're just being a butt
The only respectable Republicans are Olympia Snowe and Gerald Ford. All others are slime.

Old 01-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love people who tell me they don't think any less of me because I'm gay... so long as I don't have the same rights they do.

I think I prefer it when folks just plain hate me all around... at least I know where I stand with them.
Or the Catholic view of - it's okay if you're gay- you just can't ACT on it
Old 01-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I live in North Carolina...

well I know what you are going to say now (bible belt south)! So...

But there are just more red states than blue! and hell, if you actually look at the map which colored by Counties and districts...you will see that there is hardley a blue spot even on the map!
It has nothing to do wth states. It's a rural/urban divide.