User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default new photos of Sean & Charlotte @ RM show

Here's some pics from the GOASTT recent sighting found here!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default reposting of all official web site links 2/12/2011

Thanks Nico for posting the link to the Photographs.I really enjoyed watching the show and listening to Sean and Charlotte and CJ perform to at that Rebecca Minkoff Runway fashion show.That last song was full of passion in the video and beautiful.I agree Sean needs to keep using those Lennon and Mom's to musical and creative genes.Sean is talented on own and his man completely.I am going to post one set of updates.I am not sure if I have before here there are to many posts to look through,But here is the Twitter and Tumblr and official web site for Sean Lennon and the Goastt.The Goastt has its own official Facebook page.You can just type."Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger " on the search engine on Facebook if anyone is interesting in their Facebook page.Everyone take care.I hope Nico and everyone has a safe,positive and healthy weekend and take care.

Sean Lennon' s and The Goastt Twitter pages

http://twitter.com/seanonolennon

http://twitter.com/wearethegoastt

http://chimeramusic.tumblr.com/

Sean Lennon's Photographs page

http://www.yfrog.com/froggy.php?username=seanonolennon

Sean and Charlotte's own record label

http://chimeramusic.com/goastt.html

http://chimeramusic.com/

Sean Lennon's official web site

http://seanonolennon.com

Ultimately people seem to think that being John Lennon’s son is a huge weight around my neck but they don’t consider for a second how inspiring that might be and how proud I am to have this name. Sean Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. John Lennon

They want to hold onto something they never had in the first place. Anybody who claims to have some interest in me as an individual artist or even as part of the Beatles has absolutely misunderstood everything I ever said if they can’t see why I’m with Yoko. And if they can’t see that, they don’t see anything. John Lennon

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now ? John Lennon

Last edited by msLinds; 02-12-2011 at 08:01 PM..
Old 02-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Cool px Nico! She really looks stunning in that dress
I know someone else who would look even more stunning in that dress but I'm afraid the price tag would leave me breathless! They look like a very happy couple though, and I hope they continue making beautiful music for a long time.
Oh honey sweet
So full of sleep
I'm backsliding..."
Radiohead
Old 02-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
Cool px Nico! She really looks stunning in that dress
I know someone else who would look even more stunning in that dress but I'm afraid the price tag would leave me breathless! They look like a very happy couple though, and I hope they continue making beautiful music for a long time.
Hmm...

Anyway, MsLinds, gracias once more for the list of important links. I am actually a friend of Sean and the GOASTT, on Facebook. I don't do Twitter.

MsLinds, do you have any idea where I could get one of those iron-on Chimera patches? Does Sean or Charlotte sell them anywhere online or are they only bought at shows? I want one for my maxi wool military coat. I think I would look and feel FIERCE in one. Yay!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Two New articles about The Goastt at Rebecca Minoff show 2/11/2011

Nico, The Goastt,Chimera patch.I actually own one.Its not sewed on anything.I just have it put away.I bought it on the Chimera web site's online store.They sold out and have not had any for sale in a couple months.But they might be getting more later.I will post when I can on Goastt Facebook page that there are fans asking about the patchs.So they know their fans more want them,they may get more in stock.I agree 3rd world man, Sean and Charlotte do look like a happy and a very much love couple.I hope they keep making beautiful music together for a very long time to.I actually have a couple of updates I got from another site this evening.Everyone have a safe and great weekend and take care

Billboard.com
February 12, 2011
Sean Lennon and Charlottpe Kemp Muhl, together known as the Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger, performed a live set during the Fashion Week 2011 Rebecca Minkoff show on Friday.

http://www.billboard.com/news/sean-l...05032982.story

NYC Fashion Week Blog: Rebecca Minkoff : Some Photographs

http://www.okmagazine.com/2011/02/ok...nnon-feb-11-3/

Last edited by msLinds; 02-13-2011 at 01:14 AM..
Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Thank you MsLinds.

Wait a minute! How come I didn't know that Sean, Charlotte and the entire Chimera record label artists (including YOKO) were playing SXSW? I'm so upset now. I'm sure the tix are gone and there is yet another chance of seeing the legend that is Yoko Ono in concert...gone. I must see Yoko live. I've decided that I'll do the same for Macca, mainly because he's an artist I love dearly if simply for being in THAT BAND and his contributions to THAT BAND. So I must see Macca, even if I've never been madly in love with every thing he did solo. He's on my list, and Yoko is absolutely a must. I adore so much of her music, her art, and the many amazing things she did with her amazing husband. Yoko Ono is going to be at SXSW and I didn't even know...*sigh* I'll figure something out, or maybe I should be on her mailing list or something when these bits come out. MsLinds can't provide me with everything, for goodness sakes.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The SXSW Web Site link 2/13/2011

I looked this up for you Nico.Is this the SXSW event the Sean and Charlotte is talking about ? So I guess its like conferences, besides the entertainment to. It looks like its a couple days long.Also the prices seem high for admission.Its also at more than one location.But if person can do it and wants to, go for it.Have a enjoyable and great time there.I am sure there will be other performances Yoko and her band to.Sean allways Plays guitar and backup and on stage and produces Yoko's performances for her.to I am not sure what day or time and place,The The Goastt and Yoko and her plastic Ono band will play for it in March.But when I see the information online later.I will sure to post ot here.I know there is schedule on that web site.Hopefully there be some video's online on You Tube etc of it later,there allways is on performances by Sean and his Mom to.Have a safe and great week everyone and take care

http://sxsw.com/home

http://sxsw.com/attend

http://sxsw.com/attend/faq

Last edited by msLinds; 02-13-2011 at 01:19 PM..
Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Pictures of Sean Lennon from United Bamboo 2/12/2011

I have one last update tonight.I think your like these photographs Nico.Have a safe and great week everyone and take care.

Pictures of Sean Lennon from United Bamboo
United Bamboo - Front Row & Backstage - Fall 2011 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
February 12, 2011

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Sean+On...11/_fVPR-7Qpbg
Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
^ Thank you MsLinds.

Wait a minute! How come I didn't know that Sean, Charlotte and the entire Chimera record label artists (including YOKO) were playing SXSW? I'm so upset now. I'm sure the tix are gone and there is yet another chance of seeing the legend that is Yoko Ono in concert...gone. I must see Yoko live. I've decided that I'll do the same for Macca, mainly because he's an artist I love dearly if simply for being in THAT BAND and his contributions to THAT BAND. So I must see Macca, even if I've never been madly in love with every thing he did solo. He's on my list, and Yoko is absolutely a must. I adore so much of her music, her art, and the many amazing things she did with her amazing husband. Yoko Ono is going to be at SXSW and I didn't even know...*sigh* I'll figure something out, or maybe I should be on her mailing list or something when these bits come out. MsLinds can't provide me with everything, for goodness sakes.
Don't be too upset Nico, I checked out the sxsw website and it looks like a huge waste of time and money. They don't even list Yoko as a confirmed act, only GOASTT. It would be great if you actually lived in Austin, and had tons of free tim e for a week. They are featuring over 1900 bands! Yes, you read that correctly, almost 2000 freaking acts of which you may have heard of 10! And to make matters worse they are playing at almost a 100 different venues around Austin! I would rather pay a $1000 to see Yoko exclusively rather than pay that to wade through a literal boatload of unknowns just to see what will probably be a 20 min set. Save your money and go see Yoko somewhere cool, like England or Japan

As for Paul, I think I can rest not seeing that over-rated song- spinner before one of us dies
Oh honey sweet
So full of sleep
I'm backsliding..."
Radiohead
Old 02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Beatles Remastered Stereo Box Set Wins GRAMMY for Best Historical Album

Examiner.com National
February 13 , 2011
Beatles Remastered Stereo Box Set wins GRAMMY for Best Historical Album

Los Angeles, California – February 13, 2011– Even though the Beatles broke up forty one years ago, their legendary music is still winning big awards using modern technology to make it sound better than ever. At today’s 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards, The Beatles’ acclaimed stereo box set (the 9-9-9 release) won the GRAMMY for Best Historical Album.

http://www.examiner.com/john-lennon-...#ixzz1DxCTjmJx
Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
Don't be too upset Nico, I checked out the sxsw website and it looks like a huge waste of time and money. They don't even list Yoko as a confirmed act, only GOASTT. It would be great if you actually lived in Austin, and had tons of free tim e for a week. They are featuring over 1900 bands! Yes, you read that correctly, almost 2000 freaking acts of which you may have heard of 10! And to make matters worse they are playing at almost a 100 different venues around Austin! I would rather pay a $1000 to see Yoko exclusively rather than pay that to wade through a literal boatload of unknowns just to see what will probably be a 20 min set. Save your money and go see Yoko somewhere cool, like England or Japan

As for Paul, I think I can rest not seeing that over-rated song- spinner before one of us dies
I'm not really that upset. I plan to see Yoko when she tours next, or whenever she does one of those special shows. I'd love to see her with the original Plastic Ono Band. Wow. That would be incredible.

Thanks for looking it up, as it isn't my ideal festival anyway. I'm all about Coachella, Bonnaroo, and Lollapalooza. I can't focus when there is that many artists to see.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default As if I didn't have enough reasons to love Sean...

Sean Lennon was criticized by a bunch of jealous bloggers for wearing this jacket at a fashion show:

Yes, that is correct. That fierce jacket, worn casually over some REGULAR clothes ignited such rage in posters on THIS SITE that they resorted to using super-intelligent catch-phrases like "pretentious d0*ch*(^g" and "retarded hobo" while diminishing him as not looking very "bright."

SIMPLY FOR WEARING A FURRY JACKET AND A BOWLER HAT. What is wrong with our society that we think it's ok to use this kind of terminology to describe people we don't know who have done NOTHING to us except share their talents and congenial personalities? Sean is constantly attacked for really stupid stuff, and I am sick of reading/hearing about it. I've been a fan of Sean's for about 13 years...I have read/heard almost all his interviews, and I have met and spoken to him personally. This young man is anything but pretentious or any of the above-mentioned words...he's a super awesome, incredibly nice, and brilliant guy who just happens to be the son of John Lennon. Just because his dad was the coolest mofo in music and a songwriting genius does not excuse people to write Sean and his own singular talents off...or even judge his PERSONALITY based on his clothes. How dumb.

So anyway, Sean himself responded to The Cut bloggers who decided they would psycho-analyze him based on what he was wearing with this:

BY SEANTAROONOLENNON on 02/13/2011 at 2:40am

In what way am I to dress exactly that would please you? Has it occurred to any of you insightful people that I was in fact hired specifically because, and in order to dress in a rock and roll fashion? It was my bloody job to dress crazy that day, and frankly I enjoyed it! It doesn't mean I'm a bad person, it's just more fun than wearing flannel.

And it certainly doesn't make any of you better than me that you choose to read so negatively into my outer appearance. You are just bigots disguised as moralists.

I feel no need to apologize for dressing in a manner that you deem unacceptable for someone so despicable as myself. One need not apply for a license or be a professional couturier to have permission to dress as they please. One need not be the most successful, or the most loved, or the most suave or the most handsome, just to wear a pink bow-tie, a bowler, and an old coat. This is not Prussia, or Victorian England.

I am sorry that you are all so vacuous as to think you understand me simply because you dislike my clothes, that you think I have committed some criminal offense in having had a wealthy and successful father.

I will continue to make music and dress as I please, and none of you have any right to tell me I cannot or should not. You of course have a right to hate me for it, but then again, it's you who have to live with yourselves for being such judgmental idiots.

I wish you all luck in pursuing what must clearly be elevated and enlightened lifestyles. I yawn in awe at your 'moral supremacy.'

Sincerely,

Sean Ono Lennon

I'm so glad he did. I am SICK of reading ignorant comments on boards like OhNoTheyDidn't (mainly perused by stupid teenagers who cling to whatever they think makes them look against the status quo- thus, if John is the beloved Beatle they despise him or if Gaga were compared to Beethoven they would praise the former because she's more "cutting edge and pushes the envelope). I was shown this site by a friend who rates blogs as a day job and was slightly amused then disgustingly annoyed by the people and their comments. It just scream: "THIS is what is wrong with the world!

Anyway, what does everyone else think? Sorry for going off on a tangent, but it has annoyed me to no end that this extremely gifted young man is treated with such crap and people like Lindsay Lohan are glorified to cult status. It just makes no sense...

Last edited by Nico; 02-14-2011 at 11:19 PM..
Old 02-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am glad to Nico, that Sean stood up for himself.I agree with your feelings about this matter, and about the the nasty,jealous trolls that posted those comments on that site.I am going to just cute and paste what I posted earlyer on Sean's official message board about this.I think Sean is a strong person inside.He has every reason to feel proud of himself and his parents heritage.I am proud of him to.

I just saw that Sean posted a response to those nasty,bitchy,idiots that insulted him.I am glad he told them what he felt.They are bigots disguised as moralists. I completely agree they have no right to judge him They were being nasty judgemental idiots.They not intelligent enough,mature or spiritually evolved enough.To know its the person inside that counts.Not the clothes they wears.As long as Sean is comfortable and happy with what he is wearing or anyone.That what counts,not whether I like or approve how he dress's.They not morally better than Sean or anyone else.Just because of a person wearing what they like.Some people just have their head deep up their ass's.I do think Sean has Beautiful long Hippy boy hair.I up grew 5 minutes from the Haight Ashbury in the 1960's and I consider myself a expect on such matters.

Last edited by msLinds; 02-15-2011 at 11:35 AM..
Old 02-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sean Ono Lennon Responds to The Cut’s Commenters 2/1011

I have one update about those idiot bloggers and Sean posting on that site.

Sean Ono Lennon Responds to The Cut’s Commenters
2/14/2011

Our post from Friday about Sean Lennon looking dapper backstage at his friend Rebecca Minkoff's show ignited a bit of a commenter fray, with a flurry of nasty responses — until the man himself weighed in with an articulate, pointed rebuttal to the personal attacks.
"You are just bigots disguised as moralists," he wrote. "I feel no need to apologize for dressing in a manner that you deem unacceptable for someone so despicable as myself."
Read his full comment here.

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/...r_slapdow.html
Old 02-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The GOASTT vs modernsextrash - "shroedinger's møog" - Sean Lennon - Charlotte Kemp Mu

I just found this remix video today,that someone posted on The Goastt Facebook page.

The GOASTT vs modernsextrash - "shroedinger's møog" - Sean Lennon - Charlotte Kemp Muhl - highzenberg (HD)
By modernsextrash

I recently had a brief run-in with Sean Lennon's new band, The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger where I met his counterpart, Charlotte Kemp Muhl & the director of their first music video, Jordan Galland. Inspired by the evenings events and sean's mention of "wanting to get into more electronic sounds" i decided to remix a song of their latest work in dirty-analog modernsextrash fashion while even adding some vocals of my own. not to neglect the video portion of the work, Panacea3's Dan Pederson put together a video remix of the original video as well to accompany the audio remix.

The GOASTT vs modernsextrash - "shroedinger's møog" - Sean Lennon - Charlotte Kemp Muhl - highzenber

http://vimeo.com/18787380
Closed Thread